Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood today 18:54 - Jan 1 with 1293 viewsblueysbackside

Great goal. Four Wycombe players around and he had the presence of mind to read that freekick. Great delivery for the freeKick, too.
And, er, that was about it from our No10.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want this to sound like a moan but I expect so much more from him.
He seemed to spend most of the game in a running battle with his marker. From where I was sat, he was lucky not to be booked. And then his theatrics after the ball (quite clearly) hit his arm led to a freekick which luckily amounted to nothing.
Am I the only one who found his walk back to the half way line slightly embarrassing- just like against AFC after scoring, he seemed to feign an injury before miraculously recovering.
Maybe it is the lack of service to him but his all-round play doesn’t appear to offer much and I fear his petulence will lead to a red card soon.
Rant over.
Thoughts?
Norwood today on 18:59 - Jan 1 with 1254 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Games manship letting everyone settle down.
Most teams do that to us.
Pity we couldn’t hold on
Better performance-not getting a 2nd 🤦🏼‍♂️
Norwood today on 19:00 - Jan 1 with 1250 viewsCheltenham_Blue

What has been far more concerning, until today, is the lack of chances that are being created for the front two. Today, everything came through Judge, but even with that, Edwards ended up too deep and resorted to constant long balls into the channel for Jackson to chase.

Our final ball was, at times, woeful, and this is what's frustrating Nors, hence the moaning at the ref, he's certainly talking himself into bookings at times.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Norwood today on 19:09 - Jan 1 with 1204 viewsdavblue

Norwood today on 19:00 - Jan 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

What has been far more concerning, until today, is the lack of chances that are being created for the front two. Today, everything came through Judge, but even with that, Edwards ended up too deep and resorted to constant long balls into the channel for Jackson to chase.

Our final ball was, at times, woeful, and this is what's frustrating Nors, hence the moaning at the ref, he's certainly talking himself into bookings at times.

No one was showing for Edwards tbf, he didn’t have many options at all.
Norwood today on 19:16 - Jan 1 with 1161 viewsitfc_bucks

Norwood today on 19:09 - Jan 1 by davblue

Edwards wasn't the problem today.
Norwood today on 19:16 - Jan 1 with 1163 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwood today on 19:00 - Jan 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

This is indeed the problem. To say we lack creativity or invention is an understatement.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwood today on 21:49 - Jan 1 with 1021 viewsITFC_Forever

Bloody missed it.

We got the free-kick, so I got my phone out of my pocket to see what the notification I’d received was, then heard the cheer as the ball was nestling in the net.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwood today on 21:58 - Jan 1 with 991 viewsHerbivore

Goal aside he was pretty terrible. Jackson did much more in terms of troubling their CBs and making good runs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood today on 00:17 - Jan 2 with 776 viewsGarv

Norwood today on 19:09 - Jan 1 by davblue

I don't see it that way. He just shows no effort to try something different, it's safe every time.

This applies to a lot of our players. So often there is a pass inside to a striker or attacking midfielder and they either bottle it and pass down the line which is often pointless, or backwards, meaning we start again.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024