Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. 09:46 - Dec 15 with 567 viewshampstead_blue

Hearing Sean Dyche on R5 yesterday evening talking about his teams run was refreshing.
Burnley have stuck with him and he has delivered.

He knows they will, like Bournmouth have bad runs but they, so far, have managed to keep a steady ship. Time is their benefit.
Budget yes is bigger but it's relative.

We will have a bad run and maybe this is it.
I'm for patience with PL.
He may realise that some of hs tactics are not working, rotation, one up front, to name but two.

This is his first season with a chance to build a squad and have a pre-season.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:23 - Dec 15 with 483 viewsArnieM

Hear hear 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:29 - Dec 15 with 475 viewsWD19

What Dyche was saying was that he knew that his recent poor run was not a problem because underneath it all things were good, that there was a good system and that it was only a matter of time before it came right.

He also talked about times in the past when a bad run was a symptom of fundamental problems underneath and they don’t come right. Essentially there are two very different types of ‘bad run’.
A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:32 - Dec 15 with 464 viewshampstead_blue

A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:29 - Dec 15 by WD19

What Dyche was saying was that he knew that his recent poor run was not a problem because underneath it all things were good, that there was a good system and that it was only a matter of time before it came right.

He also talked about times in the past when a bad run was a symptom of fundamental problems underneath and they don’t come right. Essentially there are two very different types of ‘bad run’.

Good point.

Maybe our bad run is down to bedding in still and learning.
He has a good group maybe he's learning how to best use them

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:32 - Dec 15 with 461 viewspointofblue

A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:32 - Dec 15 by hampstead_blue

Good point.

Maybe our bad run is down to bedding in still and learning.
He has a good group maybe he's learning how to best use them

He’s been here for over a year; he should surely know that by now?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:51 - Dec 15 with 433 viewshampstead_blue

A poor run. Burnley, Bournmouth. on 10:32 - Dec 15 by pointofblue

He’s been here for over a year; he should surely know that by now?

He has had a year but only 1 preseason and 1 real transfer window.

Ross Brawn in his book Total Competition uses a three year cycle.
1 - Retain most of the existing team. Assess, manage
2 - Build for success - the year for changes. Invest in the team - hire, develop
3 - Success year - Deliver or go home.

His theory has stayed with him and he explains it very well. It makes sense.
If you are a club with some kind of solid base, this could be a very good process to consider. Maybe we should have sent it to ME when he hired MM.

I'd happily give PL this season to seriously mould and shape success. Next year I'd then expect things to fly.

One problem with football is everything has to be NOW! Nobody thinks about cause/effect.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024