Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! 17:34 - Dec 14 with 1062 viewsunstableblue

Was off line for game.

66% possession,
22 shots,
13 corners

And yet sounds like our worse performance ever?

Welcome any match thoughts? Not from those who already want Lambert out.

This was a MASSIVE game, yes they were a form team, but this was a chance to get things back on track.

Again I think judge Lambert on 5pm New Years Day.

Worrying.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:40 - Dec 14 with 997 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'm not jumping on any 'Lambert out' bandwagon (yet) and believe that the end of January will tell us a lot about where we are actually going, given that we would have had a decent run of league games without cup distraction to enable our best eleven to be played as far as humanly possible.

That said, all the possession and shots and corners are worthless if all you can register is a 2-1 home defeat. Maybe it's true we were spoiled by our good start but how things seem to be unravelling in the last few weeks is a bit alarming and I'm starting to wonder if we have the personnel or guy in charge who can address it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:40 - Dec 14 with 998 viewsDennyx4

We played 433 - with Skuse at right back.

Skuse looked a fish out of water, I dont ever want to see him at right back again. KVY injured, Donacien Ill & Edwards suspended - left us with little options, but this choice didnt work.

Defensively poor - and always looked suspect.

Dozzell doesn't have the tenacity to protect the defence, and played just in front of the back four.

Created chances, just by having more players in the opposition box - wouldnt be against playing the three forwards again, just need the defence better organised and protected.
Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:42 - Dec 14 with 970 viewsurbanblue

See my post ... Gotta go to bed as it's 4.45am here.
Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:42 - Dec 14 with 963 viewsHerbivore

I'm not sure their goalie had a meaningful save to make. We were poor at the back and disjointed going forward for much of the match. We had some good spells where pure tempo plus superior players nearly got us something. That said, getting a team to play with a bit of tempo is entry level coaching.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:43 - Dec 14 with 952 viewsSarge

I thought we were quite good for most of the game. Disastrous start to go 0-2 down but after that I felt it was only us actually playing. Skuse at RB though just didn’t work.
Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:45 - Dec 14 with 938 viewsHerbivore

Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:43 - Dec 14 by Sarge

I thought we were quite good for most of the game. Disastrous start to go 0-2 down but after that I felt it was only us actually playing. Skuse at RB though just didn’t work.

They didn't really need to play at 2-0 up as the away side and they still ended up creating as many good chances as us after that first 30 minutes.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wow, looked at stats and then looked at board?! on 17:46 - Dec 14 with 923 viewsmonytowbray

It was far from as bad as people are making out. We’ve played worse and won this season. The run and Lambert’s odd team selections just have people frustrated, alongside the fact we are a big fish in a small pond and should d1ck this league. Rovers were nothing special and we gave away two stupid goals. After that they parked the bus. If we hadn’t of went 2-0 down so early we’d have walked that game with the performance for most the game.

The late subs were baffling however.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024