Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booed off both halves by the diehards 21:54 - Dec 10 with 431 viewsMullet

A lot of unnecessary work to be done after this week then. The goodwill meant that we could be patient waiting for a goal if necessary, now we're going to be getting into games far more desperate for one.

We're dropping in every measure that matters too, so you'd hope Lambert can find the ear of his players and use his best asset as a man-manager. Certainly his inability to change a game is starting to show now teams are less awed by us.

A settled side probably needs to start with a settled spine at least. Keep your partnerships through the middle and use those players to forge a bit of fight and identity we sorely lack. Without Skuse and Chambers on the pitch we seem to be lacking that from the new generation still. Flynn has the armband, it's a big ask but I wonder if he can command the older heads' respect and get us going. He certainly looks the part.

What worries me is we're seeing the old features of splitting CB's that didn't work, but was the way in which PL stamped his identity on the team. Lambert is good enough to not make life so hard for himself. Hopefully we'll hear less "I could be gone tomorrow" stuff and some words on what he's going to do in the next couple of seasons here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024