Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't we just impeach him or something? 05:15 - Aug 29 with 3665 viewsRyorry

;/

Seriously, talking of the UK "constitution" that we don't have, is there actually any mechanism for removing a PM whose behaviour/actions are so malign/damaging that they pose an existential threat to the UK?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 05:30 - Aug 29 with 3150 viewsBloomBlue

No if we could the murderer that is Tony Blair would be behind bars
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 06:29 - Aug 29 with 3116 viewsTractorWood

A judicial review into the advice he gave the queen is very likely. If it finds that his only intention was to reduce the houses ability to debate no deal, it will probably be ruled as unlawful.

It's an abhorrent thing to do but given the three years we have had to negotiate an orderly exit or implement legislation safeguard us crashing out, I do see his rationale for doing it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:03 - Aug 29 with 3083 viewsgordon

Actually, all those parliamentarians who say they want to stop no deal need to do is support a vote of no confidence, and then prop-up a short-term labour government to delay Brexit and hold a second referendum.

But they won't do that, because Jeremy Corbyn is too dangerous or something.
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:46 - Aug 29 with 3025 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:03 - Aug 29 by gordon

Actually, all those parliamentarians who say they want to stop no deal need to do is support a vote of no confidence, and then prop-up a short-term labour government to delay Brexit and hold a second referendum.

But they won't do that, because Jeremy Corbyn is too dangerous or something.

So you are suggesting that somebody like Luciana Berger should chuck her community under a bus in order to prevent no deal?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:51 - Aug 29 with 3006 viewsDarth_Koont

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:46 - Aug 29 by GlasgowBlue

So you are suggesting that somebody like Luciana Berger should chuck her community under a bus in order to prevent no deal?

The Liverpool community she was elected to represent?

Many of them think she already threw them under the bus.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:59 - Aug 29 with 2987 viewsBeckets

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:51 - Aug 29 by Darth_Koont

Yes I thought she was elected to represent the Liverpool Wavertree community, 65% of which voted Remain or is there some other community that I’m not aware of.
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 08:11 - Aug 29 with 2959 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:51 - Aug 29 by Darth_Koont

I’ve n wish to engage in another few pages of the usual with you Darth. So we will agree to disagree on the subject of antisemitism.

However, it’s important to remember that several Labour MPs left the party earlier this year because they believed Corbyn facilitated the rise of antisemitism in Labour. They are not going to vote to put Corbyn in number ten.

Then you have the Lib Dem’s who have also said Corbyn is unacceptable as PM.

Then there are the Tory anti no dealers who won’t support Corbyn as temporary PM. Imagine there was a crisis with Iran during this period?

And add to all of that the fact that the majority don’t trust a lifelong brexiter to deliver a second referendum.

If Corbyn put country before personal ambition then he would support a compromise candidate based on the fact they would step aside once no deal had been stopped giving him a legitimate chance to become PM through a general election.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 9:02]

Iron Lion Zion

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 08:29 - Aug 29 with 2932 viewsGlasgowBlue

He hasn’t done anything illegal. He’s played the system to his advantage.

His opponents have to do likewise. which they started to do last week when suggesting a temporary of either a Ken Clarke or Harriet Harman.

Boris has gambled losing a no confidence vote but Corbyn not having the numbers to form a government, which would lead to a general election.

The only way to beat Boris is for the no dealers to rally around a unity candidate. They need Corbyn to agree to this.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 08:56 - Aug 29 with 2883 viewsDarth_Koont

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 08:11 - Aug 29 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve n wish to engage in another few pages of the usual with you Darth. So we will agree to disagree on the subject of antisemitism.

However, it’s important to remember that several Labour MPs left the party earlier this year because they believed Corbyn facilitated the rise of antisemitism in Labour. They are not going to vote to put Corbyn in number ten.

Then you have the Lib Dem’s who have also said Corbyn is unacceptable as PM.

Then there are the Tory anti no dealers who won’t support Corbyn as temporary PM. Imagine there was a crisis with Iran during this period?

And add to all of that the fact that the majority don’t trust a lifelong brexiter to deliver a second referendum.

If Corbyn put country before personal ambition then he would support a compromise candidate based on the fact they would step aside once no deal had been stopped giving him a legitimate chance to become PM through a general election.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 9:02]

Of course, but it's mostly political bullsh!t. Corbyn is only a "danger" to people who have other politics.

I made this point the other day but there's actually little difference in background and politics between him and the Swedish Prime Minister and the ruling coalition. Believe it or not, but Sweden isn't in economic turmoil, consumed by Jew-hate or overrun by terrorists and Stalinist bureaucrats.

Meanwhile, we face a real rather than imaginary threat over Brexit and the direction a populist government is taking us. They (and our country as a whole) need to grow up and start dealing with reality.

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 08:56 - Aug 29 with 2890 viewsElderGrizzly

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 06:29 - Aug 29 by TractorWood

A judicial review into the advice he gave the queen is very likely. If it finds that his only intention was to reduce the houses ability to debate no deal, it will probably be ruled as unlawful.

It's an abhorrent thing to do but given the three years we have had to negotiate an orderly exit or implement legislation safeguard us crashing out, I do see his rationale for doing it.

I just like this twitter thread that shows all of Herr Johnson’s cabinet saying proroguing parliament should never happen and they wouldn’t allow it to happen.

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:05 - Aug 29 with 2858 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 08:56 - Aug 29 by Darth_Koont

Of course, but it's mostly political bullsh!t. Corbyn is only a "danger" to people who have other politics.

I made this point the other day but there's actually little difference in background and politics between him and the Swedish Prime Minister and the ruling coalition. Believe it or not, but Sweden isn't in economic turmoil, consumed by Jew-hate or overrun by terrorists and Stalinist bureaucrats.

Meanwhile, we face a real rather than imaginary threat over Brexit and the direction a populist government is taking us. They (and our country as a whole) need to grow up and start dealing with reality.

You are coming to this from a position of how you would like Corbyn to be perceived by his fellow parliamentarians rather than the reality of how he is actually perceived.

Like it or not, if the only way to stop no deal is that Corbyn has to put the country before himself then he has to accept the realty and back a compromise candidate.

If this position is to be held for just a matter of weeks then he has every opportunity to present himself to the electorate.

Iron Lion Zion

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:07 - Aug 29 with 2854 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 08:56 - Aug 29 by ElderGrizzly

I just like this twitter thread that shows all of Herr Johnson’s cabinet saying proroguing parliament should never happen and they wouldn’t allow it to happen.

You cheapen your argument by calling him herr Johnson. You also cheapen the memory of those who died at the hands of real Nazis.

Boris isn’t a fascist or a Nazi. He’s a political chancer and serial liar who is only interested in his own interests and nobody else’s.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 9:11]

Iron Lion Zion

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:13 - Aug 29 with 2839 viewsDarth_Koont

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:05 - Aug 29 by GlasgowBlue

You are coming to this from a position of how you would like Corbyn to be perceived by his fellow parliamentarians rather than the reality of how he is actually perceived.

Like it or not, if the only way to stop no deal is that Corbyn has to put the country before himself then he has to accept the realty and back a compromise candidate.

If this position is to be held for just a matter of weeks then he has every opportunity to present himself to the electorate.

We have a political system and media that deal in perceptions but not reality. That's why we are where we are now.

And I don't actually mind if Corbyn isn't leader of an interim government. It's irrelevant in the wider scheme, which is why I worry about the people who struggle so much with the idea.

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:44 - Aug 29 with 2803 viewsgordon

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 07:46 - Aug 29 by GlasgowBlue

What?
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:52 - Aug 29 with 2784 viewsvilanovablue

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:05 - Aug 29 by GlasgowBlue

What I find strange here is that if Corbyn allowed a unity candidate to lead us through this situation in the short-term it would in all likelihood improve people's perception of him and enhance his chances in any subsequent election.
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:56 - Aug 29 with 2778 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:44 - Aug 29 by gordon

What?

“Actually, all those parliamentarians who say they want to stop no deal need to do is support a vote of no confidence, and then prop-up a short-term labour government to delay Brexit and hold a second referendum.

But they won't do that, because Jeremy Corbyn is too dangerous or something.”

You understand that people like Luciana Berger left the labour party because she believes that Corbyn has facilitated the rise in hate against her community within the Labour Party, but you expect them to put that aside to support a short term Corbyn government?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 9:58]

Iron Lion Zion

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:57 - Aug 29 with 2776 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:52 - Aug 29 by vilanovablue

What I find strange here is that if Corbyn allowed a unity candidate to lead us through this situation in the short-term it would in all likelihood improve people's perception of him and enhance his chances in any subsequent election.

It certainly would show him to be a bigger man than Johnson.

Edit. Although Corbyn needs to capitalise in chaos. A no deal may suit him in the long run if we get shortages in medicines and foods. Plus he wants us out of the EU so he can pursue his nationalisation plans.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 10:04]

Iron Lion Zion

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 2762 viewsgordon

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:56 - Aug 29 by GlasgowBlue

“Actually, all those parliamentarians who say they want to stop no deal need to do is support a vote of no confidence, and then prop-up a short-term labour government to delay Brexit and hold a second referendum.

But they won't do that, because Jeremy Corbyn is too dangerous or something.”

You understand that people like Luciana Berger left the labour party because she believes that Corbyn has facilitated the rise in hate against her community within the Labour Party, but you expect them to put that aside to support a short term Corbyn government?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 9:58]

The OP was asking about the constitutional mechanism for removing the PM. I was pointing out that the mechanism exists, it's just that MPs are (so far) choosing not to use it.
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 11:04 - Aug 29 with 2719 viewsRyorry

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 10:02 - Aug 29 by gordon

The OP was asking about the constitutional mechanism for removing the PM. I was pointing out that the mechanism exists, it's just that MPs are (so far) choosing not to use it.

Quite, and I didn't mean just for this particular scenario either.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 11:50 - Aug 29 with 2680 viewsgordon

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 11:04 - Aug 29 by Ryorry

Yeah, I think it's an important point, because the responses from all sorts of people opposed to what Boris is doing are rather conveniently overlooking the fact that there is a constitutional mechanism available to them to stop this, it's just that they don't want to use it.
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 18:42 - Aug 29 with 2573 viewsWeWereZombies

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 11:04 - Aug 29 by Ryorry

Are you thinking of the one where it happens to Trump at the same time as Johnson? In that case, which of them do you think would request cream with their impeachment first?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 19:26 - Aug 29 with 2531 viewsBluedandy

Great idea ... oh what the heck ... impeach Bozza, chuck 17.4 million voters into some sort of Chinese-style re-education camp and just leave democracy to the experts.
Can't we just impeach him or something? on 19:36 - Aug 29 with 2515 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 09:57 - Aug 29 by GlasgowBlue

It certainly would show him to be a bigger man than Johnson.

Edit. Although Corbyn needs to capitalise in chaos. A no deal may suit him in the long run if we get shortages in medicines and foods. Plus he wants us out of the EU so he can pursue his nationalisation plans.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 10:04]

I'm open to being bribed with extra bank holidays.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 19:42 - Aug 29 with 2502 viewsSpruceMoose

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 19:36 - Aug 29 by J2BLUE

I'm open to being bribed with extra bank holidays.

Don't you work from your own home placing bets? Surely every day is bank holiday?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 19:43]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 19:50 - Aug 29 with 2482 viewsJ2BLUE

Can't we just impeach him or something? on 19:42 - Aug 29 by SpruceMoose

Don't you work from your own home placing bets? Surely every day is bank holiday?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 19:43]

Not going to be doing this forever though. I also don't sit around placing bets all day every day so I could actually do both if a job came up that I wanted.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024