Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton & Bury memories..... 11:08 - Aug 27 with 692 viewsITFC_Forever

As they are both pretty likely to be ex-parrots in the very near future, what memories come to mind (mentions of PO Semi Finals and Barry Knight aside in Bolton's case)?

Bolton:
- The 1-4 defeat at the Reebok from which we never recovered to this day in April 2002.
- A 1-1 draw at the Reebok in Jan 2000.... a Matt Holland late equaliser in the cold and damp. We went on a Stag Night that night in Bolton. My word, that was an experience.
- Losing 0-3 at home in the League Cup in September 1994, then promptly beating Man U the following Saturday.

Bury:
- Selling us David Johnson ... undoubtedly one of the most important signings of the 90s and the catalyst for much of the good stuff we achieved under Burley.
- Drawing 0-0 in a very early season game in the late 90s, Dean Kiely was in goal for them and gave a masterclass in sh**housery.
- Winning 1-0 at Gigg Lane in April 1997 (Stockwell in the second half) to confirm our place in the POs. I lost a contact lens in the scenes, which was a bit of a pain as I was the driver that day. Thankfully found it, intact, on the floor. Went to First Aid and cleaned it with some solution and was fine to pop it back in.

[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 12:18]

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton & Bury memories..... on 11:51 - Aug 27 with 639 viewsSteve_M

All of those Bury ones but I would add:

Marlon Harewood scoring in a 3-0 win at Bury the season after that Stockwell game.

Drinking cans outside Asda with a few Bolton fans before the first leg of the Play Offs in 1999 as the pubs weren't open and then joining them in one of the home ones. I was in the home end that day, only way I could get a ticket in time but in the family enclosure. Me and my mate momentarily forgot that when Johnson should have had a penalty but in those days it was quite friendly and I just chatted football during the rest of the match with the bloke next to me.

And also the piss-poor home defeat in 01-02. It was better than the away one but we weren't very good despite Ulrich Le Pen's best efforts.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bolton & Bury memories..... on 11:52 - Aug 27 with 625 viewschicoazul

When Marcus scored that goal away in the play offs, I knew.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bolton & Bury memories..... on 11:57 - Aug 27 with 613 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton & Bury memories..... on 11:51 - Aug 27 by Steve_M

All of those Bury ones but I would add:

Marlon Harewood scoring in a 3-0 win at Bury the season after that Stockwell game.

Drinking cans outside Asda with a few Bolton fans before the first leg of the Play Offs in 1999 as the pubs weren't open and then joining them in one of the home ones. I was in the home end that day, only way I could get a ticket in time but in the family enclosure. Me and my mate momentarily forgot that when Johnson should have had a penalty but in those days it was quite friendly and I just chatted football during the rest of the match with the bloke next to me.

And also the piss-poor home defeat in 01-02. It was better than the away one but we weren't very good despite Ulrich Le Pen's best efforts.

Can remember that 3-0 at Bury.... I didn't go, but a few Town fans from London I know went on the train.
It was rammed with Millwall fans going to Man City for one of their more lively afternoons out, and they all got off at Stockport. So when the police were waiting for a train full of 'Wall's finest at Manc Picc, all they got was a handful of Town fans heading to Bury.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton & Bury memories..... on 11:58 - Aug 27 with 602 viewsReuser_is_God

Bury:

"Boring boring Bury"

Bolton:

Carlos Edwards a late winner against them in when we stayed up under Mick
Jay-Jay Okocha

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bolton & Bury memories..... on 12:02 - Aug 27 with 580 viewsSteve_M

Bolton & Bury memories..... on 11:57 - Aug 27 by ITFC_Forever

Can remember that 3-0 at Bury.... I didn't go, but a few Town fans from London I know went on the train.
It was rammed with Millwall fans going to Man City for one of their more lively afternoons out, and they all got off at Stockport. So when the police were waiting for a train full of 'Wall's finest at Manc Picc, all they got was a handful of Town fans heading to Bury.

I forgot that bit, I was heading back to Liverpool but the police were out in force that day for that one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024