Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% 11:08 - Aug 22 with 2623 viewsSteve_M

I might quibble that this is football reaching the bottom of the barrel, I'm sure it can sink further.

http://twohundredpercent.net/900000-holes-bury-lancashire/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 11:14 - Aug 22 with 2561 viewshomer_123

Irrespective of how the EFL have handled it.

Should Bury and Bolton be expunged and kicked out if they don't meet their obligations?

Surely, the answer is yes?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 11:59 - Aug 22 with 2448 viewslinhdi

Excellent article. It seems more and more likely that Dale took over Bury to bury it, and profit personally, even as he failed to pay players or other staff. EFL are equally liable, in my opinion, for failing to review his financial adequacy before he took over. Bury were in a mess before Dale took over - he is not the first dodgy owner there.

Bury was the ground where I completed my 92, less than two years, so it has a special place in my heart. The fans were friendly and humorous, though it was obvious the club was in a mess - the shop was almost empty of stock, and that wasn't due to a mad rush.

To lose one wonderful old club is bad enough. To risk losing a second, Bolton, is an utter indictment of the EFL. How could they allow Bolton to start this season, when they failed to finish the last one?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 12:00]
Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 13:04 - Aug 22 with 2336 viewsPilgrimblue

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 11:59 - Aug 22 by linhdi

Excellent article. It seems more and more likely that Dale took over Bury to bury it, and profit personally, even as he failed to pay players or other staff. EFL are equally liable, in my opinion, for failing to review his financial adequacy before he took over. Bury were in a mess before Dale took over - he is not the first dodgy owner there.

Bury was the ground where I completed my 92, less than two years, so it has a special place in my heart. The fans were friendly and humorous, though it was obvious the club was in a mess - the shop was almost empty of stock, and that wasn't due to a mad rush.

To lose one wonderful old club is bad enough. To risk losing a second, Bolton, is an utter indictment of the EFL. How could they allow Bolton to start this season, when they failed to finish the last one?

I guess is was because they relied on asssurances from both. Sad that they both appear now to be failing but if they can't/won't pay their debts in an acceptable way then that's it, end of.
Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 13:10 - Aug 22 with 2312 viewslinhdi

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 13:04 - Aug 22 by Pilgrimblue

I guess is was because they relied on asssurances from both. Sad that they both appear now to be failing but if they can't/won't pay their debts in an acceptable way then that's it, end of.

I agree with you. Would add, no regulator should "rely on assurances", especially when they come from people who want to own football clubs, where there is a high proportion of "people with dubious motivations".

Background checks and ensuring proof of funds should be a minimum expectation of EFL. Result? EFLs failure to do their job has undermined their own league.
Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 13:49 - Aug 22 with 2207 viewsNthQldITFC

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 11:14 - Aug 22 by homer_123

Irrespective of how the EFL have handled it.

Should Bury and Bolton be expunged and kicked out if they don't meet their obligations?

Surely, the answer is yes?

Perhaps a suitable 'punishment' where a club has demonstrably f#[&ed itself with financial irresponsibility (trying to cheat), would be demotion perhaps three or four divisions in the pyramid.

But only reinstate them at their new level after a full season X out, such that all teams potentially involved in promotion and relegation in that division and the ones above and below are aware from the start of season X just what the impact on promotion/relegation places will be. So if Bury for example fail now, they come into National League North or whatever start of season 2021/22.

EFL could have a fund to keep the ground ticking over for a year, and have some sort of oversight panel from the EFL active within all aspects of the club for perhaps five seasons after the misdemeanour.

I don't know enough about Bury/Bolton to say whether they'd meet any particular criteria for this, but you have to have clear rules and decisive action otherwise you just end up pussy-footing around.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 14:11 - Aug 22 with 2157 viewsIllinoisblue

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 11:59 - Aug 22 by linhdi

I'm amazed that Bury got promoted last season. Assume the financial problems haven't just started. Question: how was Dale going to profit? Their crowds are what, 3k a game? They're not awash with money.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 15:26 - Aug 22 with 2067 viewsRadlett_blue

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 13:10 - Aug 22 by linhdi

I agree with you. Would add, no regulator should "rely on assurances", especially when they come from people who want to own football clubs, where there is a high proportion of "people with dubious motivations".

Background checks and ensuring proof of funds should be a minimum expectation of EFL. Result? EFLs failure to do their job has undermined their own league.

The "fit & proper" test has proven a useless piece of legislation. But as owning a struggling lower league club is rarely an attractive financial proposition, no wonder that it's often only dubious characters who are willing to take them on. The real issue is that so many League clubs are allowed to run at a loss, but the EFL bottled FFP in the face of opposition from Championship clubs who wanted to be able to compete with the parachute boys.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 15:36 - Aug 22 with 2044 viewsSaleAway

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 14:11 - Aug 22 by Illinoisblue

I'm amazed that Bury got promoted last season. Assume the financial problems haven't just started. Question: how was Dale going to profit? Their crowds are what, 3k a game? They're not awash with money.

It was an amazing achievement that the players were performing, despite not getting paid sometimes.

In terms of profit - Dale bought them for £1 and RCR Holdings, a business owned by his family was incorporated a few days before the CVA and is apparently owed £7million quid... even at 25 p in the pound, that's not a bad return.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 17:14 - Aug 22 with 1950 viewsFifeITFC

Great article. Whilst I confess to not be a fan of Bolton (their continued denial over their attitude to the 2000 Play Offs as much as anything), I wouldn't wish theirs or Bury's situation on them.

The EFL should have done more, and likewise shouldn't have started the season either as it has made a whole mockery of the division and football in England.

What I don't understand now about Bolton, though, is when Bassini put a block on an "almost complete sale" to Football Ventures (or whatever their group is). The Courts overturned it leaving the sale of the club clear for completion.

That was about 2 weeks ago now. Why hasn't that now completed? Why has that gone quiet? Have they pulled out? We're they even serious or have they got cold feet? Did this takeover actually exist or was it a smokescreen to buy a bit of time?

The Bury guy seems reluctant to allow them to be saved for some reason. The article mentions a business set up by his son in law in June/July and it being more owed millions by the club. Why? How?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 18:34 - Aug 22 with 1894 viewsAlanG296

Good angry piece on Bury and Bolton from 200% on 13:04 - Aug 22 by Pilgrimblue

Football League have been far too soft. If these clubs were non league they would have been chucked out of their division weeks ago. Particularly Bolton who didn't complete last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024