Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There really isn't much between these two statements 12:06 - Aug 16 with 730 viewsGeoffSentence

“Listen, to go longer-term, sometimes you have to go short-term.”

and

“You might have to short-term to get where you want to get to sometimes,”

PJ was much ridiculed for the first one, but PL seems to be on exactly the same page.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

There really isn't much between these two statements on 12:12 - Aug 16 with 689 viewsSuperblue95

Thankfully Lamberts version doesn’t include playing four 30+ midfielders at the same time

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

There really isn't much between these two statements on 12:13 - Aug 16 with 685 viewsBlueBadger

There really isn't much between these two statements on 12:12 - Aug 16 by Superblue95

Thankfully Lamberts version doesn’t include playing four 30+ midfielders at the same time

Yet.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

There really isn't much between these two statements on 13:00 - Aug 16 with 617 viewsDarth_Koont

Bit harsh.

Jewell went short term and screwed us over long term by going with an older, expensive team. The team he left us with ultimately limited progression into our team and led to us not investing in our younger talent and the Academy for a damaging period of time.

I don't think Lambert is generally creating those kinds of long-term problems so I think an occasional focus on short-term results is fair enough. And FWIW I think short-term performance will always have a defining effect on long-term strategies anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him

There really isn't much between these two statements on 13:14 - Aug 16 with 576 viewsPhilTWTD

PJ was right in what he said, managers need to get results in the short term in order to stay in their jobs long enough to carry out their longer term plans.

Same with PL, if you can't get players in on long-term deals for whatever reasons, then obviously you have to look at loans, even if it's not ideally what he wants to do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024