Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth & Bury 15:41 - Jul 23 with 1412 viewsJackPITFC

Similar to us last season when Shrewsbury hated us for raiding their club. Plymouth have taken Bury's manager (I know its nothing to shout about as Hurst was Dire.) As well as 5 players!

Absolute madness, poor Bury...
Plymouth & Bury on 15:44 - Jul 23 with 1385 viewsKieran_Knows

Plymouth took like 3 other members of the backroom staff also.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Plymouth & Bury on 16:01 - Jul 23 with 1301 viewsJackPITFC

Plymouth & Bury on 15:44 - Jul 23 by Kieran_Knows

Plymouth took like 3 other members of the backroom staff also.

Done them over good and proper, I presume they also got the Backfroom staff, Manager and players all on free transfers also due to the problems ongoing at the club.
Plymouth & Bury on 16:10 - Jul 23 with 1256 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Plymouth & Bury on 16:01 - Jul 23 by JackPITFC

Done them over good and proper, I presume they also got the Backfroom staff, Manager and players all on free transfers also due to the problems ongoing at the club.

How have they done them over?

Bury cannot pay them.

What are they supposed to do? Stay and let their kids go hungry or lose their houses? League Two footballers earn no more than most of us on here do.

Plymouth have offered them contracts in a division they know they can excel in under a manager who they know has confidence in them. It's actual a big move for all of them given that they could easily have moved to Oldham, Macclesfield, Rochdale, Fleetwood, Blackpool, Morecambe etc.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Plymouth & Bury on 16:15 - Jul 23 with 1226 viewspatrickswell

And the jury still out on Nolan and Nsiala too.
Plymouth & Bury on 16:17 - Jul 23 with 1216 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Plymouth & Bury on 16:15 - Jul 23 by patrickswell

Both were very good when they featured in the last 6-8 games and were two of the best players in this division the season before.

They'll be fine.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Plymouth & Bury on 16:22 - Jul 23 with 1182 viewstitanicclown

Plymouth & Bury on 16:15 - Jul 23 by patrickswell

No its not!
Plymouth & Bury on 16:32 - Jul 23 with 1157 viewspatrickswell

Plymouth & Bury on 16:17 - Jul 23 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Both were very good when they featured in the last 6-8 games and were two of the best players in this division the season before.

They'll be fine.

They needed to be very good in the first 30-odd games. Looking the part when relegation is virtually confirmed and they could get away from the Championship and take us on a League One tour means that the jury is still out (for me).
Plymouth & Bury on 16:43 - Jul 23 with 1106 viewspatrickswell

Plymouth & Bury on 16:22 - Jul 23 by titanicclown

No its not!

It may be unfair of me, but I look at Hurst's signings and all any of them have achieved, in my eyes, is getting the club relegated. Bart, Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse, Sears, Ward etc may all have underachieved badly last season, but all at least have some credit in the bank from previous years and I can excuse the younger players like Kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell and Downes because they're still early in their careers (and Dozzell lost a year of football development). But the 2018-19 signings? What have any of them done to improve us or stabilise us? Some big seasons needed this year and we have to hope that if they pull it off and bring us back, they learnt enough not to fall to pieces again if they get another crack at the Championship.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 16:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth & Bury on 17:41 - Jul 23 with 990 viewsCoastalblue

Plymouth & Bury on 16:43 - Jul 23 by patrickswell

It may be unfair of me, but I look at Hurst's signings and all any of them have achieved, in my eyes, is getting the club relegated. Bart, Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse, Sears, Ward etc may all have underachieved badly last season, but all at least have some credit in the bank from previous years and I can excuse the younger players like Kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell and Downes because they're still early in their careers (and Dozzell lost a year of football development). But the 2018-19 signings? What have any of them done to improve us or stabilise us? Some big seasons needed this year and we have to hope that if they pull it off and bring us back, they learnt enough not to fall to pieces again if they get another crack at the Championship.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2019 16:47]

I see your point, but I think they were affected in the same way that our established players by being thrown into a completely new side with little consistency to it's structure or approach and then expected to swim like mad.

I think most of the signings would have slotted in nicely and looked OK if they had been absorbed into an established team with an established way of playing.

If, and it's a big if, we do come back up then I would suggest that the year of playing winning and consistent football will likely mean they make the step up fine at second time of asking.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024