Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sex offenders register and non-sexual violent crimes. 10:13 - Jul 23 with 658 viewswkj

As heinous as sexual assault is, especially when inflicted on a child, does there not seem to be a bit of a gap for people who commit non-sexual violent crimes against children?

Surely people who commit such crimes as child abuse should be put on a register of some sort and also held to the same degree of scrutiny as sex offenders given the deep lasting psychological effect they can have on children, given their deep minds and capacity for learning and retaining knowledge and events.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sex offenders register and non-sexual violent crimes. on 10:17 - Jul 23 with 636 viewschicoazul

I'm not sure I understand your point. By child abuse do you mean I dunno, beating them up or depriving them of meals or similar? But not sexual abuse per se?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sex offenders register and non-sexual violent crimes. on 10:19 - Jul 23 with 618 viewsElderGrizzly

If they are found guilty (and sometimes if not!) the police can put a note on records that will show up on various checks.

Social services will also be made aware etc
Sex offenders register and non-sexual violent crimes. on 10:20 - Jul 23 with 614 viewswkj

Sex offenders register and non-sexual violent crimes. on 10:17 - Jul 23 by chicoazul

I'm not sure I understand your point. By child abuse do you mean I dunno, beating them up or depriving them of meals or similar? But not sexual abuse per se?

Pretty much anything that would deprive a child security and safety, essentially causing harm and suffering. My point being, I can't see why such offenders wouldn't be held to the same degree of post conviction monitoring and scrutiny as someone who committed a sexual crime and ended up on the register.

Crybaby

Sex offenders register and non-sexual violent crimes. on 10:22 - Jul 23 with 605 viewswkj

Sex offenders register and non-sexual violent crimes. on 10:19 - Jul 23 by ElderGrizzly

If they are found guilty (and sometimes if not!) the police can put a note on records that will show up on various checks.

Social services will also be made aware etc

Obviously it would show up on a DAB check, though I wasn't aware of how far beyond that it would reach.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024