Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 15:15 - Jun 21 with 2338 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Three days down, two to go. In truth, it hasn’t gone to plan so far. Across the country, the punters generally seem to be struggling this week. Sunday Sovereign and New Graduate both losing this week was tough to take. That being said, Friday was always the biggest day for me with four of the biggest six bets of the week all running within a couple of hours.

2:30 — Albany Stakes (Group 3)
A huge betting day begins with American raider NAYIBETH (5/1) highly fancied antepost by myself (I actually had her introduced in the RequestABet market for this ages ago) but the draw has hindered her chances significantly. I still think (or is it more hope?) that she might be good enough to win a weak looking race but I can’t help but feel the draw may have scuppered her chances. Daayeh is drawn well and the form was franked when Raffle Prize (second to Daayeh on debut) won the Queen Mary. Last Surprise looked useful on debut and is ridden by the high-flying Frankie Dettori. One for a decent each way play at a huge price is GALADRIEL (16/1) who has to be overpriced at 14s for five places with Coral. She flew home on her only start in a listed race at York and Andrea Atzeni is said to be excited by his mount. If you watch her run that day, she was last of 16 with two furlongs to run but grew wings to finish a never nearer fourth. She may be a cracking price here.

3:05 — King Edward Stakes (Group 2)
JAPAN (NAP at 11/10) is my idea of a cracking bet. Firstly, it looks like an extremely weak group 2. Secondly, he ran a very decent race in the Derby. Finally, Aiden O’Brien always said he was coming along before Epsom but not quite fit enough. Here, he’s expected to be at his best. Japan at his best is very likely to be a group 1 horse. I think he wins. Plain and simple. I think he wins. I’ve struggled so far at Ascot but I have to stick to my instincts and believe he will win. I’m on at 4/1 but I’ve had another play at 5/4 after going through the race again after declarations and am expecting to see him start at odds on. Bangkok was one of my two Derby horses but ran poorly and no excuse was given for that dire effort so I’m happy to take him on. Eagles By Day has always looked like a stayer but may lack the class to beat the favourite whilst Private Secretary needs to improve to figure.

3:40 — Commonwealth Cup (Group 1)
Another race and another decent bet here as I have laid TEN SOVEREIGNS (TO LOSE) antepost. Whilst he’s a sprinting type, I don’t think he was solely beaten in the 2000 Guineas because he failed to stay. Whilst he does show pace, he beat a weaker version of the reopposing Jash at Newmarket in the Middle Park and that form may be reversed. Whilst the absence of the injured Calyx and the ill-fated Lady Kaya does improve Ten Sovereigns chances, there’s enough other dangers as well as Jash to get him beat. Advertise was a group 1 winning juvenile but has struggled this year whilst Hello Youmzain benefited from Calyx’s surprise bad run last time. If pressed for one to get the nod, KHAADEM (15/2) does look classy but this is tougher. However, anything beating the favourite here is a cracking result.

4:20 — Coronation Stakes (Group 1)
The last of the big bets now and HERMOSA (11/10) bids for the English and Irish 1000 Guineas and Coronation Stakes treble accomplished by Winter for Aiden O’Brien in 2017. Hermosa galloped them into submission at Newmarket but showed a much improved version of herself after to win the Irish equivalent. On that run, she must be very hard to beat here. Personally, I’m surprised that she isn’t a 4/6 shot — although the wave of beaten favourites this week does help the bookies push the prices out. Jubiliso was impressive last time at Newbury but 9/2 is ridiculously short in a group 1 when she’s only won two minor races. Castle Lady is an unbeaten French classic winner so ought to be the second favourite ahead of Jubiliso but is friendless in the market. Rain will suit her chances if it comes whilst Happen also wants rain to fall to help her. Twist N Shake is one I am on antepost at 40/1 each way but was narrowly beaten in her trial and this is a big ask. She does cope with soft ground though which could come into play. Pretty Pollyanna would be a danger to the favourite if at her best but was beaten fair and square by the selection in the Irish Guineas and the form ought to be confirmed here.

5:00 — Sandringham Stakes (Handicap)
Agrotera landed a huge gamble in this last year with Jamie Spencer delivering her late to blitz her rivals and he’s on well fancied Hotsy Totsy here. The race is full of potentially good horses but most have form in weaker events such as favourite Desirous who is bred to be above average. MAGNETIC CHARM (17/2) beat Twist N Shake at York with the latter one I fancied as a group performer and that form could be boosted by a big run in the group 1 Coronation Cup earlier on the card. Invitational looked good last time and the form looks solid whilst Nonchalance has impressed plenty and must go well. My second dart at this race though is for LADY MADISON (12/1) who ran very green last time at Windsor when impressing to still win easily. Her only defeat in three starts was said to be due to running too quickly after her debut and she may be high class. At a huge 12/1, she is a decent bet here in my view to go very well in a typically wide open renewal.

5:35 — Duke of Edinburgh Stakes (Handicap)
Day four closes with another handicap and last year’s King George V handicap is useful form with BAGHDAD (11/2) beating Corgi. The former has continued progressing and has earnt a crack at a higher level after Ascot but has been primed for a big run here by Mark Johnston. FUJAIRA PRINCE (13/2) is my other dart as a progressive type with three wins and two seconds from his five starts and his game nature may be suited to Ascot with the fast gallop and stiff finish. Secret Advisor hasn’t been seen in 664 days since winning a good prize at York but was talented and has form at the meeting. Lucius Tiberius may be the best of the rest.

Day 4 bets:
2:30 — Nayibeth (7/1 antepost & 5/1) & Galabriel (14/1 each way)
3:05 — Japan 11/10
3:40 — LAY — Ten Sovereigns & Khaadem (small bet 17/2)
4:20 — Hermosa 11/10 & Twist N Shake (40/1 each way antepost)
5:00 — Magnetic Charm 17/2 & Lady Madison 12/1
5:35 — Baghdad 11/2 & Fujaira Prince 13/2

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:19 - Jun 21 with 2321 viewsJ2BLUE

Nice one Rommers, Japan went off at 6/4 so even better. Someone I know was told to have a big bet on it. Sadly I only went in small.

GL.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:32 - Jun 21 with 2288 viewsItfcesssx

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:19 - Jun 21 by J2BLUE

Nice one Rommers, Japan went off at 6/4 so even better. Someone I know was told to have a big bet on it. Sadly I only went in small.

GL.

Andrew Holding professional gambler, speed figure guru.
Has had a 58,000/1 5-fold accumulator at Ascot this week they all won!! Raffle Prize, Crystal Ocean, A'Ali, Star Catcher & Daahyeh!! Now that is what you call great tipping!!
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:35 - Jun 21 with 2277 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:19 - Jun 21 by J2BLUE

GL.

I wrote the preview last night but didn't wake up to submit it unfortunately.

Japan was a tenner at 4/1 but i got stuck in during the week as the price collapsed. One of the bigger bets of the week finally winning. Be some big cheers here if Ten Sovereigns gets beat and/or Hermosa wins.

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:39 - Jun 21 with 2269 viewsJ2BLUE

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:32 - Jun 21 by Itfcesssx

Has had a 58,000/1 5-fold accumulator at Ascot this week they all won!! Raffle Prize, Crystal Ocean, A'Ali, Star Catcher & Daahyeh!! Now that is what you call great tipping!!

I could have used that info 4 days ago!

Truly impaired.

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:47 - Jun 21 with 2255 viewsItfcesssx

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:35 - Jun 21 by The_Romford_Blue

I wrote the preview last night but didn't wake up to submit it unfortunately.

Japan was a tenner at 4/1 but i got stuck in during the week as the price collapsed. One of the bigger bets of the week finally winning. Be some big cheers here if Ten Sovereigns gets beat and/or Hermosa wins.

Well done mate.
Good win on Japan & laying Ten Sovereigns.
Hope the success continues.
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:49 - Jun 21 with 2249 viewsItfcesssx

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:39 - Jun 21 by J2BLUE

I could have used that info 4 days ago!

I only just realised myself, as it was mentioned earlier on William Hill Radio.
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:50 - Jun 21 with 2245 viewsOsborneOneNil

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:32 - Jun 21 by Itfcesssx

I've been using him this week. He didn't chuck that acca up tho!!
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:52 - Jun 21 with 2242 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:47 - Jun 21 by Itfcesssx

Well done mate.
Good win on Japan & laying Ten Sovereigns.
Hope the success continues.

Thanks bud. You too.

The six big ones this week for crazily had four of them today. Last of which is hermosa next up.

Brilliant to see the favourite beat there. Evens is the most crazy price I’ve seen.

Login to get fewer ads

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:00 - Jun 21 with 2218 viewsItfcesssx

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:50 - Jun 21 by OsborneOneNil

Andrew Holding has a website which you have to sucribe & pay for so you can get his best tips, like I say was mentioned on William Hill Radio after Daahyah had won the first race at Ascot today.
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:03 - Jun 21 with 2211 viewsItfcesssx

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:52 - Jun 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Thanks bud. You too.

The six big ones this week for crazily had four of them today. Last of which is hermosa next up.

Brilliant to see the favourite beat there. Evens is the most crazy price I’ve seen.

No problem mate.
Well I hope Hermosa comes in for you.
Yes we love it at William Hill that Ten Sovereign lost as we had some hefty bets on that winning today.
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:14 - Jun 21 with 2178 viewsRyorry

Andy Holding has been class for a long time, a 1-man Aladdin's Cave of background knowledge!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:15 - Jun 21 with 2176 viewsRyorry

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 15:50 - Jun 21 by OsborneOneNil

Hope you went with Advertise tho! ;)

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:19 - Jun 21 with 2165 viewsOsborneOneNil

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:15 - Jun 21 by Ryorry

Hope you went with Advertise tho! ;)

:)

Owe you a beer
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:27 - Jun 21 with 2142 viewsItfcesssx

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:14 - Jun 21 by Ryorry

Andy Holding has been class for a long time, a 1-man Aladdin's Cave of background knowledge!

That's why he works at William Hill 😁
Top guy is Andy and so is Andrew Mount.
Great tip with Advertise, the Guardian tipped Watch Me today!! Right I better get to work, hope you find some more winners mate.
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:30 - Jun 21 with 2129 viewsJ2BLUE

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:27 - Jun 21 by Itfcesssx

That's why he works at William Hill 😁
Top guy is Andy and so is Andrew Mount.
Great tip with Advertise, the Guardian tipped Watch Me today!! Right I better get to work, hope you find some more winners mate.

I'm really savouring each winner I get at WH now.

Truly impaired.

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:35 - Jun 21 with 2118 viewsRyorry

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:19 - Jun 21 by OsborneOneNil

:)

Owe you a beer

Ta but probably best to keep it on ice for the mo, none of the others might come in!

(if people are wondering - as Rommy hadn't posted early doors, I didn't want to do a thread just for mine so just replied to pm). The full list was

3.05 PABLO ESCOBARR 9/1 (1/5) ((unplaced))
3.40 ADVERTISE 7/1 (1/5) ((won))
4.20 MAIN EDITION 50/1 (1/5) ((unplaced))
5.00 I'M AVAILABLE 16/1 (1/4 x 5)
5.30 BAGHDAD 4/1 (1/4 x 5)

All 0.5pt e/w b365

Along with the warning that the day after a big win often means a day of falling flat on the ol' tipping face! esp when these are mostly pretty long-shotty - up against hot favs except for Baghdad - I'd be pleased with some place money -

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 17:08 - Jun 21 with 2074 viewsportmanroadblue

On another note anyone know how Marcus Evans horses are doing?
Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 17:45 - Jun 21 with 2042 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 16:35 - Jun 21 by Ryorry

Ta but probably best to keep it on ice for the mo, none of the others might come in!

(if people are wondering - as Rommy hadn't posted early doors, I didn't want to do a thread just for mine so just replied to pm). The full list was

3.05 PABLO ESCOBARR 9/1 (1/5) ((unplaced))
3.40 ADVERTISE 7/1 (1/5) ((won))
4.20 MAIN EDITION 50/1 (1/5) ((unplaced))
5.00 I'M AVAILABLE 16/1 (1/4 x 5)
5.30 BAGHDAD 4/1 (1/4 x 5)

All 0.5pt e/w b365

Along with the warning that the day after a big win often means a day of falling flat on the ol' tipping face! esp when these are mostly pretty long-shotty - up against hot favs except for Baghdad - I'd be pleased with some place money -

Well done R!

Delighted with Baghdad there! 1st and 3rd! Great day!

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 18:02 - Jun 21 with 2020 viewsRyorry

Romford's racing preview - Royal Ascot 2019 - Day 4 on 17:45 - Jun 21 by The_Romford_Blue

Well done R!

Delighted with Baghdad there! 1st and 3rd! Great day!

Anyootoo Rommy, v. nice price you got for Baghdad! :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024