Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Radio Suffolk 10:16 - Apr 25 with 3276 viewsAlanFB

[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:30]
Radio Suffolk on 10:38 - Apr 25 with 3202 viewsSuperblue95

Was their last name Clegg by any chance?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Radio Suffolk on 10:44 - Apr 25 with 3186 viewscarlisleaway

Have you seen the state of the paintwork along Portman Road, it needs a good coat of paint. Makes the club look very shabby, Marcus Evans will not fork out for ground repairs let alone new players.
Radio Suffolk on 10:47 - Apr 25 with 3174 viewsBinner

Probably a decorator touting for work.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Radio Suffolk (n/t) on 14:40 - Apr 25 with 2935 viewsAlanFB

Radio Suffolk on 10:47 - Apr 25 by Binner

Probably a decorator touting for work.

Radio Suffolk on 15:10 - Apr 25 with 2883 viewssotd78

I wasn't that person but I too think we need to tidy up the place.The poor state of the ground is down to the fact that it is worthnothing to Marcus Evans; it cannot be monetised.

However, it is a fact that people genuinely do better work in a better environment. The stands are grubby and badly maintained - not just paint work; concrete flooring, seats etc.

You create an atmosphere of inferiority and you get inferior; hopefully the reverse also applies.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Radio Suffolk on 15:26 - Apr 25 with 2852 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I'd rather we smartened up the ground than make another meaningless loan signing. That said, we could easily get a bunch of locals to do it for a few freebies and a nominal fee I'm sure.
Radio Suffolk on 15:35 - Apr 25 with 2832 viewsHeathlander

How about asking for volunteers to paint, clean etc the ground for 2-3 days over the summer. Each gets a free season ticket. Everyone's a winner. Although I suspect people who would volunteer to do this will probably already be season ticket holders.
Radio Suffolk (n/t) on 15:41 - Apr 25 with 2820 viewsAlanFB

Login to get fewer ads

Radio Suffolk on 15:44 - Apr 25 with 2805 viewsskyblue23

Radio Suffolk on 15:35 - Apr 25 by Heathlander

How about asking for volunteers to paint, clean etc the ground for 2-3 days over the summer. Each gets a free season ticket. Everyone's a winner. Although I suspect people who would volunteer to do this will probably already be season ticket holders.

Genuinely I'd help out for free. As a teenager I remember the Colchester United game wasn't going to go ahead unless they cleared the pitch of snow so me and some friends went down with some shovels and cleared the pitch with a load of other random people who wanted to help out. I'm not a Colchester fan but wanted something to do. I'd love to help clean up Portman Road if loads of people were behind it and helping out.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Radio Suffolk (n/t) on 15:47 - Apr 25 with 2789 viewsAlanFB

Radio Suffolk on 15:44 - Apr 25 by skyblue23

Genuinely I'd help out for free. As a teenager I remember the Colchester United game wasn't going to go ahead unless they cleared the pitch of snow so me and some friends went down with some shovels and cleared the pitch with a load of other random people who wanted to help out. I'm not a Colchester fan but wanted something to do. I'd love to help clean up Portman Road if loads of people were behind it and helping out.

[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:32]
Radio Suffolk on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 2733 viewsGeoffSentence

Radio Suffolk on 10:44 - Apr 25 by carlisleaway

Have you seen the state of the paintwork along Portman Road, it needs a good coat of paint. Makes the club look very shabby, Marcus Evans will not fork out for ground repairs let alone new players.

If we had a stand that was 'well insured', it might be cost effective to warm it up with a three bar electric fire and hope against hope that no-one forgot to turn it off before going home.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Radio Suffolk on 05:49 - Apr 26 with 2473 viewsBenters2

Radio Suffolk on 15:10 - Apr 25 by sotd78

I wasn't that person but I too think we need to tidy up the place.The poor state of the ground is down to the fact that it is worthnothing to Marcus Evans; it cannot be monetised.

However, it is a fact that people genuinely do better work in a better environment. The stands are grubby and badly maintained - not just paint work; concrete flooring, seats etc.

You create an atmosphere of inferiority and you get inferior; hopefully the reverse also applies.

Sadly all those ground level little jobs cost money.

Sadly when you walk from town after a pre match piss up,and cut across the car park facing the NS that roof looks disgusting,and it’s only going to get worse.Trouble is cleaning something like that is a highly skilled job,the longer they leave it the worse it’s going to get.
Radio Suffolk on 09:14 - Apr 26 with 2339 viewscarlisleaway

Radio Suffolk on 15:26 - Apr 25 by PrideOfTheEast

I'd rather we smartened up the ground than make another meaningless loan signing. That said, we could easily get a bunch of locals to do it for a few freebies and a nominal fee I'm sure.

At the last Supporters Forum, we offered to paint the areas needed.....all in our own good time FOC, I am sure a local company would provide the paint required. Still waiting for a reply from the club.
Radio Suffolk (n/t) on 14:35 - Apr 26 with 2211 viewsAlanFB

[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:29]
Radio Suffolk on 15:11 - Apr 26 with 2166 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Radio Suffolk on 16:32 - Apr 26 with 2113 viewsrgp1

Perhaps the spare season tickets might end up in a jumble sale somewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024