Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan 10:14 - Apr 14 with 2300 viewsBouncebackIpswich

Hi Tractor Boys and Girls,

I'm a Leicester fan but have a real soft spot for Ipswich for no real reason in fact would say they are my 2nd team. Despite that game in the snow a few years back and you having had a tosser like Roy Keane as manager!

I follow Ipswich's results, lurk on this forum a lot, watch the highlights of your games on Youtube have and even convinced my partner to spend Valentine's weekend in Ipswich a couple of years ago to see the place! Next on the list - actually getting to a game at Portman Road.

Anyway to the point I remember in the mid 00s we were in a similar situation to Ipswich - little funding in team, journeymen passing through the club, falling further away from promotion each year and eventually being relegated to League 1. It hurt like hell and there was a lot of bitterness, towards Ian Holloway and our owner at the time Milan Mandaric. But it shook up the club and I don't need to talk about the last decade at Leicester since that relegation.

So - feel you for all this morning, but flip side of coin, you've been in a gradual decline and sometimes it takes a major event like this relegation to shock people into action and change things around. If you can get the money grabbers and bogeymen to leave the club, keep the good'uns, get in hungry players with potential and rebuild the club, who knows what can happen when you start winning games regularly and build momentum. There's no guarantee it will go that way, but you only need look at us, Southampton, your friends down the road for instance after relegation to League 1.

All the best for next season - I'll be keeping a keen eye on how you're doing and hope to see you boys start winning games again. And down the road let's hope for a Leicester-Ipswich match in the Premier League in near future!

Good Luck!

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 10:23 - Apr 14 with 2218 viewsSwailsey

Thanks man. I was totally caught up in Leicester’s title win and spent a bit of time lurking on Foxes Talk around that time.

As you say, a gradual decline, we can only hope we rebuild.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 10:23 - Apr 14 with 2216 viewsEdwardStone

Thank you for your kind words at this sad time

You couldn't lend us Mr Vardy for next season please....
Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 10:33 - Apr 14 with 2125 viewspaulmarci

Your hope for us is appreciated.
Remember many years back how we seemed to follow Leicester in results and positions and the great FA cup matches we had...hope to see you in the future up where you are and not where we are going.
Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 10:36 - Apr 14 with 2107 viewspennyfathersleg

Thanks for the words! I hope you know the real ITFC fans and not how we are being portrayed by the media and the ‘careful what you wish for brigade’. If you’re on here enough, you will know that anyway. Plus, you can probably relate when olly was in charge and you got relegated.

LCFC are a model club for clubs our size and we can only aspire to be a club like yours!

See you soon......hopefully anyway
Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 10:48 - Apr 14 with 2018 viewsDubtractor

Nice post, though "convinced my partner to spend Valentine's weekend in Ipswich" made me feel for your other half!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 11:14 - Apr 14 with 1904 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 10:48 - Apr 14 by Dubtractor

Nice post, though "convinced my partner to spend Valentine's weekend in Ipswich" made me feel for your other half!

I am very sorry that you were relegated yesterday and it pains me coming from Ipswich to see a club steeped so much in history being relegated to League 1. It should never have happened and with the right investments and the right decisions at the right time, it could so easily have been avoided.

I just hope you bounce back and you are a great fan base and I am sure you will be back in the Championship come 2020/2021.
Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 11:28 - Apr 14 with 1846 viewsArnieM

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 11:14 - Apr 14 by newcastlefan1984

I am very sorry that you were relegated yesterday and it pains me coming from Ipswich to see a club steeped so much in history being relegated to League 1. It should never have happened and with the right investments and the right decisions at the right time, it could so easily have been avoided.

I just hope you bounce back and you are a great fan base and I am sure you will be back in the Championship come 2020/2021.

Oh bloody hell , so sorry mate it was meant to be a big thumbs UP. Useless typing on an iPhone , I am !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 11:58 - Apr 14 with 1767 viewsBouncebackIpswich

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 10:23 - Apr 14 by EdwardStone

Thank you for your kind words at this sad time

You couldn't lend us Mr Vardy for next season please....

Haha, he'd get you 100+ points but without him we'd be looking at relegation too!

Would offer you Kelechi Iheanacho but you'd be much better off with Freddie Sears and Will Keane up front!
Login to get fewer ads

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 12:06 - Apr 14 with 1725 viewsagentp

Love that you convinced your partner to spend a Valentines weekend in Ipswich - impressive. Did she take you for much in the divorce?

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 14:52 - Apr 14 with 1444 viewsronnyd

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 12:06 - Apr 14 by agentp

Love that you convinced your partner to spend a Valentines weekend in Ipswich - impressive. Did she take you for much in the divorce?

Sympathy and message of hope from a Leicester fan on 15:10 - Apr 14 with 1393 viewsmrshallisfit

One big difference between us though. You got taken over by a really committed owner. We still have Marcus Evans. Therefore we are going nowhere fast.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024