Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from 19:12 - Mar 10 with 3958 viewscarlisleaway

this board. Getting rather boring seeing all the McCarthy news items, the man has gone so get over it and look forward to next season with Lambert attempting to get us back into the Championship. Keep the faith .......
Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:13 - Mar 10 with 3942 viewsSpruceMoose

I find it quite easily to ignore them myself. Sometimes I'm interested enough to click and read them, but usually I give them a miss.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:16 - Mar 10 with 3924 viewsBluefish

Nothing wrong with remembering the good times.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Let it go luv, he's gone x (n/t) on 19:33 - Mar 10 with 3880 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:35 - Mar 10 with 3879 viewsSitfcB

Although obviously not comparable for obvious reasons, Mick McCarthy is part of ITFC’s history now as much as Sir Bobby is.

Don’t think there isn’t a previous manager ever that doesn’t get mentioned.

But because it’s Mick people get a bit upset.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:40 - Mar 10 with 3865 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:35 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

Although obviously not comparable for obvious reasons, Mick McCarthy is part of ITFC’s history now as much as Sir Bobby is.

The same people getting upset would be fine with him being mentioned if we were flying. They just dislike the fact that they have contributed to our current situation. His time was up but he should have left with a big cheer, our thanks and a welcome back any time offer. Instead some people clearly feel a bit silly about their OTT reactions and want to ban all mention of him to save face.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:41 - Mar 10 with 3857 viewsPositivelyPortman

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:35 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

Mainly because after the first 2.5 seasons, he was a boorish, pig headed oaf - and the footie was soporific too.
Imo.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:41 - Mar 10 with 3850 viewsSitfcB

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:40 - Mar 10 by J2BLUE

The same people getting upset would be fine with him being mentioned if we were flying. They just dislike the fact that they have contributed to our current situation. His time was up but he should have left with a big cheer, our thanks and a welcome back any time offer. Instead some people clearly feel a bit silly about their OTT reactions and want to ban all mention of him to save face.

Exactly this.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 07:59 - Mar 11 with 3593 viewsSteve_M

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:40 - Mar 10 by J2BLUE

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 08:12 - Mar 11 with 3561 viewsBluebell

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 09:22 - Mar 11 with 3512 viewsMullysplace1

Its a forum for a reason. So people can air their views. Not for topics that you only agree with.
Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:22 - Mar 11 with 3391 viewsSamWhiteUK

How exactly have these people contributed to our current situation? I'm confused
Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:45 - Mar 11 with 3350 viewsjeera

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:22 - Mar 11 by SamWhiteUK

How exactly have these people contributed to our current situation? I'm confused

What should have been a soft McExit, became a hard McExit.

Actions have consequences and maybe things could have been done differently?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:54 - Mar 11 with 3334 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:22 - Mar 11 by SamWhiteUK

Hypothetically...

If the section of abusive fans hadn't turned like they did, he could have stayed and seen out his contract and left on good terms. Then maybe Knudsen wouldn't have reacted like he did and become the latest scapegoat. Maybe Waghorn wouldn't have left (I think it's ABB who says he wasn't at all impressed with MM's treatment). Yes you can mention wages and Hurst etc and i'm not saying it's definite but he was apparently happy here.

We wouldn't have the media loving our decline and goadingly saying be careful what you wish for.

All hypothetical but i'd be surprised if things weren't a little bit better if MM had left on good terms. We might have even turned to him to save us this season again before getting someone like Lambert in the summer. He could still have done the Ireland job as well.

Truly impaired.

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:56 - Mar 11 with 3328 viewsHarryWright

I actually get incredibly amused at all the Mccarthy is great white knights. NO DONT CRITICISE MY MICKY
Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 17:00 - Mar 11 with 3308 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:56 - Mar 11 by HarryWright

I actually get incredibly amused at all the Mccarthy is great white knights. NO DONT CRITICISE MY MICKY

To be honest, a shiny set of keys is probably enough to incredibly amuse you.

Hardly white knighting for pointing out the truth.

Truly impaired.

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 17:04 - Mar 11 with 3295 viewsjeera

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 16:56 - Mar 11 by HarryWright

Why do some posters do that?

Why does it have to be language like 'white knight' or 'luvver' and all that sort of rubbish?

Is there some complex going on?

Can it not just be the same people trying to have the same common sense approach to these things? Why is a calm, reasoned approach seen as weird by some posters?

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 17:06 - Mar 11 with 3282 viewsjeera

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 17:00 - Mar 11 by J2BLUE

To be honest, a shiny set of keys is probably enough to incredibly amuse you.

Hardly white knighting for pointing out the truth.

Exactly.

I mean, how amused is Harry there?

Lol amused? Rofl amused?

The ' flopter one amused?

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 17:43 - Mar 11 with 3222 viewstractorboysuffolk

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 19:41 - Mar 10 by SitfcB

Exactly this.

Definition of forum - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Perhaps you can apply to the oxford English dictionary and have an amendment stating Mick McCarthy boo boys are exempt and can now pick and choose what people talk about, to make themselves feel better.

It makes me laugh how riled such an obvious contingent of the fan base gets by the stating of simple facts, for (now) obvious reasons!
Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 18:02 - Mar 11 with 3191 viewsjeera

Can we have the threads of anything to do with Norwich and McCarthy removed from on 17:43 - Mar 11 by tractorboysuffolk

Definition of forum - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Perhaps you can apply to the oxford English dictionary and have an amendment stating Mick McCarthy boo boys are exempt and can now pick and choose what people talk about, to make themselves feel better.

It makes me laugh how riled such an obvious contingent of the fan base gets by the stating of simple facts, for (now) obvious reasons!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024