Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? 22:01 - Feb 16 with 2490 viewsMaySixth

if so, Cobbold or Britannia?

any good?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:51 - Feb 16 with 2436 viewsgeg1992

Britannia boxes are far better imo.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:52 - Feb 16 with 2433 viewsMaySixth

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:51 - Feb 16 by geg1992

Britannia boxes are far better imo.

Why?

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:53 - Feb 16 with 2429 viewsgeg1992

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:52 - Feb 16 by MaySixth

Why?

Bigger, more modern, better view.

Cobbold show their age imo.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:58 - Feb 16 with 2419 viewsMaySixth

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:53 - Feb 16 by geg1992

Thanks
Any idea on cost?
Eight of us planning to do a game this season
Ta

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:59 - Feb 16 with 2422 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Britannia was decent earlier this season as a guest of a company box.
Good curry, beer/wine & a splendid view.

A mate of mine back in the 80,s had a box from time to time in Cobbold, the view no where near as good & inside as opposed to outside seating in Britannia.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 23:00 - Feb 16 with 2417 viewsbackwaywhen

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:53 - Feb 16 by geg1992

Plus you sit outside the box for the game and get the full atmosphere... Cobbold is behind the glass and definitely not same experience .
Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 23:14 - Feb 16 with 2376 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 22:58 - Feb 16 by MaySixth

Thanks
Any idea on cost?
Eight of us planning to do a game this season
Ta

Cobbold is poor.

I've never been in Britannia but I understand it's a lot better.

I've not been to many boxes - Ipswich, Villa and Gillingham of all places and to be honest I really don't like them.

Edit; Actually Gillingham wasn't a box, it was just directors area with a soft seat.

Top tip - put your wine in a coffee cup to disguise it as you can't drink in view of the pitch.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 9:13]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone ever been in an executive box at Portman Road before? on 03:14 - Feb 17 with 2263 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As others have said - Cobbold = cr*p, stuck behind glass with no atmosphere. Britannia much better, outside on a balcony in the stand and much better service in the box too, with beer fridge etc

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024