Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faux antisemitism outrage 15:23 - Jan 25 with 15670 viewsZedRodgers

Yesterday, the deputy leader of the Green party tweeted this:

Not one of the Twitter accounts that are dedicated to 'calling out' antisemitism on the left has even mentioned it. No posts from Glassers about it. Nothing.

Does it not matter if it's not Labour? Would it be all over these accounts if a Labour politician or a high profile Corbyn supporter had tweeted it?

For the record, Ameila has sincerely apologised and perhaps didn't notice the Israeli flag. Who knows. I happen to think she's one of the better politicians out there and would accept her apology at face value.

No, not at the moment

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:28 - Jan 25 with 5732 viewsMattinLondon

I’m sorry to be ignorant about this but is it actually possible to criticise Israel and not be labelled antisemetic?
Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:30 - Jan 25 with 5721 viewsSteve_M

Yes, lazy thinking about geopolitics isn't confined to the Labour Party.

That doesn't make criticism of the failure of the Labour Party to address it illegitimate which is what your post seeks to do.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:33 - Jan 25 with 5698 viewsZedRodgers

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:30 - Jan 25 by Steve_M

Yes, lazy thinking about geopolitics isn't confined to the Labour Party.

That doesn't make criticism of the failure of the Labour Party to address it illegitimate which is what your post seeks to do.

My post seeks to find out why this wasn't worth mentioning by those opposed to antisemitism

No, not at the moment

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:37 - Jan 25 with 5686 viewsSteve_M

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:33 - Jan 25 by ZedRodgers

My post seeks to find out why this wasn't worth mentioning by those opposed to antisemitism

That's not what a title of "Faux antisemitism outrage" does and you know it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:39 - Jan 25 with 5670 viewsBluefish

Is the answer because it was obviously not done intentionally and that flag was easily missed?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:40 - Jan 25 with 5666 viewsartsbossbeard

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:28 - Jan 25 by MattinLondon

I’m sorry to be ignorant about this but is it actually possible to criticise Israel and not be labelled antisemetic?

STONE HIM!!!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:45 - Jan 25 with 5649 viewsZedRodgers

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:37 - Jan 25 by Steve_M

It can only be considered faux-outrage when people oppose antisemitism from one group and not concerned when it comes from anybody else.

I'm not talking about those that legitimately want to address the antisemitism and people on the left's lack of education on the matter. They are entirely justified.

I'm specifically talking about those who claim to be taking a stand against antisemitism but in fact seek to weaponise it. They do exist.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 15:49]

No, not at the moment

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:45 - Jan 25 with 5650 viewsMattinLondon

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:40 - Jan 25 by artsbossbeard

STONE HIM!!!

I didn’t say jahovah
Login to get fewer ads

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:47 - Jan 25 with 5638 viewsBluefish

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:45 - Jan 25 by ZedRodgers

It can only be considered faux-outrage when people oppose antisemitism from one group and not concerned when it comes from anybody else.

I'm not talking about those that legitimately want to address the antisemitism and people on the left's lack of education on the matter. They are entirely justified.

I'm specifically talking about those who claim to be taking a stand against antisemitism but in fact seek to weaponise it. They do exist.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 15:49]

If you are accusing GB of that then you really are a complete an utter bell end and not very bright

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:48 - Jan 25 with 5620 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

My guess would be that Guido and Rachel didn't spot it so couldn't call in the storm troopers!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:54 - Jan 25 with 5609 viewsZedRodgers

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:47 - Jan 25 by Bluefish

If you are accusing GB of that then you really are a complete an utter bell end and not very bright

It's more aimed at the Rachel Riley's and the GnasherJew's of the world.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 15:55]

No, not at the moment

Faux antisemitism outrage on 16:02 - Jan 25 with 5587 viewsStokieBlue

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:54 - Jan 25 by ZedRodgers

I'm sure they read the board on a daily basis.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Faux antisemitism outrage on 16:05 - Jan 25 with 5572 viewsZedRodgers

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:37 - Jan 25 by Steve_M

Have a read of this if you don't think faux antisemitism outrage is something which should be challenged as part of the battle against antisemitism.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/23/mp-richard-burgon-in-court-for-

The Sun and their political editor Tom Newton Dunn are being taken to court for suggesting a Labour MP and his band had a fetish for Nazi imagery.

The original headline was "What a Nazi Justice Secretary".

These fabrications do nothing to help the fight against antisemitism. Arguably, they detract from it.

No, not at the moment

Faux antisemitism outrage on 16:09 - Jan 25 with 5558 viewsSpruceMoose

Faux antisemitism outrage on 16:05 - Jan 25 by ZedRodgers

Have a read of this if you don't think faux antisemitism outrage is something which should be challenged as part of the battle against antisemitism.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/23/mp-richard-burgon-in-court-for-

The Sun and their political editor Tom Newton Dunn are being taken to court for suggesting a Labour MP and his band had a fetish for Nazi imagery.

The original headline was "What a Nazi Justice Secretary".

These fabrications do nothing to help the fight against antisemitism. Arguably, they detract from it.

I do feel that you're being slightly disingenuous in claiming this isn't posted an attempt to get a rise out of the Right Honourable Member for TWTD Rightys.

I'll allow it though. Carry on.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 16:15]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Faux antisemitism outrage on 16:12 - Jan 25 with 5549 viewsBloomBlue

That's because the Green Party isn't a real political party it's a few friend with nothing else to do.

The type you get in a pub, often there but you never talk to them unless there isn't anyone else in the pub. That makes them feel like they have a friend, they don't but it's better than talking to yourself , you're like a faux friend. In other ways nobody is listening or remotely interested in their opinions.
Faux antisemitism outrage on 17:07 - Jan 25 with 5449 viewsZedRodgers

Faux antisemitism outrage on 16:12 - Jan 25 by BloomBlue

That's because the Green Party isn't a real political party it's a few friend with nothing else to do.

The type you get in a pub, often there but you never talk to them unless there isn't anyone else in the pub. That makes them feel like they have a friend, they don't but it's better than talking to yourself , you're like a faux friend. In other ways nobody is listening or remotely interested in their opinions.

So in summary, antisemitism doesn’t matter unless it’s connected to Labour?

That’s what you’re saying.

No, not at the moment

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:19 - Jan 25 with 5427 viewsBloomBlue

Faux antisemitism outrage on 17:07 - Jan 25 by ZedRodgers

So in summary, antisemitism doesn’t matter unless it’s connected to Labour?

That’s what you’re saying.

No i said nobody is interested in what the Greens say.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 17:20]
Faux antisemitism outrage on 17:22 - Jan 25 with 5411 viewsfactual_blue

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:45 - Jan 25 by MattinLondon

I didn’t say jahovah

Or halibut.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:29 - Jan 25 with 5400 viewsZedRodgers

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:19 - Jan 25 by BloomBlue

No i said nobody is interested in what the Greens say.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 17:20]

Thanks for confirming.

No, not at the moment

Faux antisemitism outrage on 17:34 - Jan 25 with 5395 viewsDarth_Koont

Faux antisemitism outrage on 15:28 - Jan 25 by MattinLondon

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than criticise Israel and not be called an antiSemite by someone.

If someone, not me obviously, was to argue that US foreign policy seems to be about turning a blind eye to Israel and even arming them while going round the rest of the world kicking down doors then they might have a point. But not sure what this meme (with Israeli flag on the scythe) even means so difficult to support on those grounds.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 17:42]

Pronouns: He/Him

Faux antisemitism outrage on 17:37 - Jan 25 with 5387 viewsFelstow1978

Yup. Mines often aimed at Rachel Riley

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Faux antisemitism outrage on 17:57 - Jan 25 with 5339 viewscaught-in-limbo

Faux antisemitism outrage on 17:34 - Jan 25 by Darth_Koont

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than criticise Israel and not be called an antiSemite by someone.

If someone, not me obviously, was to argue that US foreign policy seems to be about turning a blind eye to Israel and even arming them while going round the rest of the world kicking down doors then they might have a point. But not sure what this meme (with Israeli flag on the scythe) even means so difficult to support on those grounds.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 17:42]

It's an old cartoon that's been around a while. The last door was originally Syria, so with all ME countries it made sense.

Latterly, it's been used with Ukraine and now Venezuela and as such the connection to Israel becomes less obvious.

There'll be as many people thinking it's now clearly antisemitic as there'll be people thinking it's just as applicable now as it ever was.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 18:02]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Faux antisemitism outrage on 18:32 - Jan 25 with 5279 viewsGlasgowBlue

"No posts from Glassers about it. Nothing".

FYI I haven't been on the board all day other than a quick post before breakfast this morning. By the time I saw the report of the tweet, the person had issued an apology. I have just logged on and saw your blatant baiting.

It might be worth remembering that when somebody accused you of hating Jews for no other reason that you being a vocal supporter of Corbyn, it was me who said they were out of order and that it isn't doing the fight against antisemitism any good throwing the label at somebody unfairly.

Baiting a man of Jewish heritage over the subject of antisemitism really isn't a good look zed. Best you stop now.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 18:54]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Faux antisemitism outrage on 18:47 - Jan 25 with 5253 viewsGlasgowBlue

And yet you named me in your op.

Iron Lion Zion

Faux antisemitism outrage on 19:01 - Jan 25 with 5207 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is Labour MP John Mann weaponizing antisemitism for defending Rachel Riley?

"“Holocaust revisionism is a problem all over Europe. It’s a problem in my political party."

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/john-mann-warns-about-shoah-revisionism-in-

[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 19:17]

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024