Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert the messiah 19:36 - Jan 26 with 1820 viewsNSL

Is this really the reality now, that the Manager is being treated like the messiah because the odd game has encouraging signs despite no further points on the board?

Think it’s a bit harsh on the other managers preceding him to be honest, whom we have pretty much torn them a new one for mid table form at worst!

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Paul Lambert the messiah on 19:46 - Jan 26 with 1785 viewswarkthisway

Agreed I don’t understand this Lambert love in because he talks a good fight- he has blatantly failed - yet another Manager who has had previous successs but who has failed here - we need to look at the Watford or Wolves model

bentnkuqi

Paul Lambert the messiah on 19:48 - Jan 26 with 1772 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Paul Lambert the messiah on 19:46 - Jan 26 by warkthisway

Agreed I don’t understand this Lambert love in because he talks a good fight- he has blatantly failed - yet another Manager who has had previous successs but who has failed here - we need to look at the Watford or Wolves model

The Wolves model!!!!!!

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Paul Lambert the messiah on 19:53 - Jan 26 with 1748 viewsBenters2

Paul Lambert the messiah on 19:46 - Jan 26 by warkthisway

Our managers will always struggle thanks to Evans.
Paul Lambert the messiah on 19:56 - Jan 26 with 1724 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s plainly ridiculous to compare his treatment to the alleged son of god.

In so far as his performance, he has done a lot to create a feeling of goodwill with the fans after years of being ignored, and he is doing the best from a very bad starting position with a squad of players whom he didn’t buy (of 30-35, 5 or 6 are his).

We are very likely to be relegated.

He is planning for promotion next season.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy on 20:06 - Jan 26 with 1674 viewsScottCandage

Someone had to say it
Paul Lambert the messiah on 20:32 - Jan 26 with 1585 viewsKeaneish

If only football were as simplistic as your limited observational skills.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Lambert the messiah on 20:33 - Jan 26 with 1585 viewsjpring89

Nobody can judge Lambert yet I’m sorry. Hurst demolished our squad from last year and brought League 1 players meaning we have a league 1 squad. McGoldrick leaving and Waghorn sale couldn’t be prevented but in my opinion the worst bit of business we did was sell Webster and Garner aswell. Lambert is managing a League 1 team in the championship which most of the players are not his own signings. He has to somehow sign players in January being 10 points to 7 points adrift at the bottom of the table plus goal difference, which I’m surprised we have even managed at all and somehow perform a miracle. Some people need to get real and realise there will be no quick fix and In Lambert we really have somebody dedicated to ITFC and will put the club before their ego first and foremost. I’m ready for taking a step back before once again going forward the ITFC way once again.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 0:09]

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Paul Lambert the messiah on 20:39 - Jan 26 with 1556 viewsEastTownBlue

Steve Evans was sacked earlier and will now be available.

A real be careful what you wish for warning for all there.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert the messiah on 21:49 - Jan 26 with 1428 viewsNSL

Paul Lambert the messiah on 20:32 - Jan 26 by Keaneish

If only football were as simplistic as your limited observational skills.

If football was that complicated then thicket ex-footballers wouldn’t be able to be successful managers.

Poll: Who was primarily at fault for the defensive mix-up yesterday?

Paul Lambert the messiah on 22:09 - Jan 26 with 1371 viewsCoco

Paul Lambert the messiah on 19:48 - Jan 26 by WestStanderLaLaLa

The Wolves model!!!!!!

The Watford model!!!!!!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Paul Lambert the messiah on 22:42 - Jan 26 with 1281 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Paul Lambert the messiah on 21:49 - Jan 26 by NSL

If football was that complicated then thicket ex-footballers wouldn’t be able to be successful managers.

I can't remember a worse comeback.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Paul Lambert the messiah on 22:57 - Jan 26 with 1238 viewsMVBlue

A nigling concern is it has been seen before when our very own Paul Jewell came in to Derby during their dismal Premiership season post Billy Davies. They had a terrible squad (sound familiar) and Davies was pushed out in November. Jewell came in with no better ideas and gave excuse after excuse on motd. Their points total at the end of the season was ..........11 points!! Goals scored 20 goals against 89!!

However our story is... McGoldrick. Waghorn. Garner. Webster. Gone for £10 million. Replaced with, well not much Paul Hurst knew about good footballers at this level was there? Prior to him, Mick McCarthy was OK at his job, bloody brilliant in the transfer market, apart from Jonathan Douglas (who has no club since 2017) and Leon bloody Best (who has no club since 2018). Mick also taught his players for 5 years to be direct or ‘hard to beat’ aka combative but not possessive of the ball. Hurst passes through then Lambert comes in, a chap with pedigree in 3 divisions but not without his own club failings, minor as they may be and as much due to internal issues as ability, or perhaps he can’t make a great success everywhere he goes? Needless to say Mick McCarthy and Sam Alladyce departing clubs often causes grief partly due to those clubs attempting to play a new style away from combative football. Wolves for instance plummeted after sacking Mick.

So yes, some perspective needed. Lambert seems decent, but we need to start getting consistent results at some point, in this season and the next, or he will have to go too. Chances are we may have to assess his success mid next season, in whatever league it is.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2019 23:01]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024