Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window 17:21 - Jan 5 with 1484 viewsBluedanW

Evans has one eye on selling the club, despite anything else he says. Players will be too expensive in the January window to try and add new players of our own. So we will be left with Loanees and free transfers.
So as a season holder what do I have to look forward to? A club that has already accepted relegation, many a hammering to come this second half of the season
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:23 - Jan 5 with 1459 viewsgt81

To be fair, I'd rather we didn't spend a fortune now only to get relegated anyway.

Save whatever pennies for next season.
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:25 - Jan 5 with 1438 viewsBurwell_Blue

How do you know?
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:27 - Jan 5 with 1408 viewsBloomBlue

The trouble is we need quality players but no quality player is going to permanently join a team at the bottom of the championship, just accept it.
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 1403 viewsyorkshire

1) Who do you think will want to come here

2) What is the point in paying inflated prices for a player that would come here !

There is no chance we will be escaping based on the way we are playing right now - and I don't see how throwing money at it will help - the squad is deflated, the fans are deflated and really we just need this season to be over with and take stock in the summer
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:29 - Jan 5 with 1396 viewsFunge

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:25 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

How do you know?

Well, a cursory review of the last 6 years combined transfer windows gives a reasonably good guide as to how our transfer business will pan out; I'd propose that the OP isn't a million miles away with his summation...
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:30 - Jan 5 with 1386 viewsTrequartista

Aside from the loan fees and wages, i would hope we don't. Who is going to sign for us on wages that we can sustain in League One?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:31 - Jan 5 with 1374 viewsBurwell_Blue

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:29 - Jan 5 by Funge

Well, a cursory review of the last 6 years combined transfer windows gives a reasonably good guide as to how our transfer business will pan out; I'd propose that the OP isn't a million miles away with his summation...

Oh, so you don’t.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:33 - Jan 5 with 1367 viewsblueconscience

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:27 - Jan 5 by BloomBlue

The trouble is we need quality players but no quality player is going to permanently join a team at the bottom of the championship, just accept it.

Evans never has and never will pay for the quality of players required. Going down was only a matter of time.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:34 - Jan 5 with 1362 viewsjas0999

I wouldn’t mind betting Evans brings money in through sales though ...
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:36 - Jan 5 with 1346 viewsFunge

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:31 - Jan 5 by Burwell_Blue

Oh, so you don’t.

Thanks for clearing that up.

George Burley Ruined This Club, Newmie.
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:37 - Jan 5 with 1335 viewsgt81

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:34 - Jan 5 by jas0999

I wouldn’t mind betting Evans brings money in through sales though ...

50p and a packet of Quavers for Spence?
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:39 - Jan 5 with 1307 viewsRyorry

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:36 - Jan 5 by Funge

George Burley Ruined This Club, Newmie.

I take it you're being ironic there, or ..?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:41 - Jan 5 with 1286 viewsRyorry

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:33 - Jan 5 by blueconscience

Evans never has and never will pay for the quality of players required. Going down was only a matter of time.

Maybe he's had a few mill on us going down at 2/1 ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:41 - Jan 5 with 1278 viewsBluedanW

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:37 - Jan 5 by gt81

50p and a packet of Quavers for Spence?

I'll take the Quavers only
Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:42 - Jan 5 with 1276 viewsblueconscience

Worst thing is we will still not spend a penny on players this transfer window on 17:41 - Jan 5 by Ryorry

Maybe he's had a few mill on us going down at 2/1 ...

Wouldn’t surprise me.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024