Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? 07:55 - Nov 11 with 1784 views3_5_2

Roberts has done well but can’t help thinking Harrison might be better in that role

Jackson looked lost yesterday and he is a player that likes to play on the shoulder and use his pace rather than have his back to goal and bring players in.

Clearly we need at least one striker come January but will a fit Harrison do better and keep us in touch with the pack?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 7:56]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 07:57 - Nov 11 with 1772 viewsPendejo

Long term Harrison should be fine

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 07:58 - Nov 11 with 1767 views3_5_2

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 07:57 - Nov 11 by Pendejo

Long term Harrison should be fine

Do we know how far away from returning he is?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 07:59 - Nov 11 with 1767 viewsGerkensBeard

Roberts may well keep improving. But I like the thought of one replacing the other at 60 minutes than Jackson coming on.
Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 08:29 - Nov 11 with 1683 viewsBurwell_Blue

Both Harrison and Jackson are not rated by *some* of the squad. I would think one or both will fizzle out and go on loan.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2018 8:29]
Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 08:47 - Nov 11 with 1639 viewsitfcjoe

Harrison *should* be far superior- he is a proven goakscorer in L1 who had a very good season up front playing a more physical game like is being asked here.

Roberts is a makeshift striker who was mostly a sub in L2 last season, and who hasn’t looked anything special in the U23s.

He’s done really well in first team, but with the support he’s getting, Harrison could be really good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 08:54 - Nov 11 with 1609 viewsBluebell

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 08:47 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

Harrison *should* be far superior- he is a proven goakscorer in L1 who had a very good season up front playing a more physical game like is being asked here.

Roberts is a makeshift striker who was mostly a sub in L2 last season, and who hasn’t looked anything special in the U23s.

He’s done really well in first team, but with the support he’s getting, Harrison could be really good

I agree with that.

Robert also tires easily, understably after not playing first team games all season.

I like to think that, under Lambert, Harrison can get back to scoring goals especially with players feeding him balls. When he has played this season under Hurst he was up front on his own getting balls hoofed to him when he needs balls to his feet. Hopefully, when fit, he will get back the ability he had in League 1.
Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 09:35 - Nov 11 with 1537 viewsOsborneOneNil

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 08:54 - Nov 11 by Bluebell

I agree with that.

Robert also tires easily, understably after not playing first team games all season.

I like to think that, under Lambert, Harrison can get back to scoring goals especially with players feeding him balls. When he has played this season under Hurst he was up front on his own getting balls hoofed to him when he needs balls to his feet. Hopefully, when fit, he will get back the ability he had in League 1.

Yeah, and you can count the number of genuine goalscoring chances Ellis had one hand. Maybe one finger, actually. Rotherham.
Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:02 - Nov 11 with 1500 viewsSteve_M

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 09:35 - Nov 11 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, and you can count the number of genuine goalscoring chances Ellis had one hand. Maybe one finger, actually. Rotherham.

Two at Hillsborough as well. One shot from the edge of the are where he forced a good save and a very good one late on he took too long over.

I certainly think he'll look better in a Lambert team than he did in a Hurst one, he holds the ball up well and looks strong. I'm not sure how good his finishing is though, hopefully we'll get to find out over the course of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:07 - Nov 11 with 1489 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 09:35 - Nov 11 by OsborneOneNil

And Sheffield Wednesday. The fact he failed to get his shot off concerns me.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:12 - Nov 11 with 1474 viewsbrogansnose

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:07 - Nov 11 by WestStanderLaLaLa

And Sheffield Wednesday. The fact he failed to get his shot off concerns me.

Agree, he only had to stick his foot out. Some of this talk about Harrison is classic TWTD's he's been out of the team for a while therefore he must be alright ala Hyam.
Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:20 - Nov 11 with 1445 viewsitfcjoe

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:12 - Nov 11 by brogansnose

Agree, he only had to stick his foot out. Some of this talk about Harrison is classic TWTD's he's been out of the team for a while therefore he must be alright ala Hyam.

I don’t think he’s going to be brilliant, but he *should* be better than Roberts as is much more experienced, with a much better record, at a higher level - and is a striker

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:24 - Nov 11 with 1430 viewsxrayspecs

Quite possibly. Whether either is good enough to play as the one up front in the championship is another matter.

Jackson will work best in a front two, playing alongside a target man.
Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:28 - Nov 11 with 1427 viewsbrogansnose

Will a fit Harrison do better in this system ? on 10:20 - Nov 11 by itfcjoe

I don’t think he’s going to be brilliant, but he *should* be better than Roberts as is much more experienced, with a much better record, at a higher level - and is a striker

Its been said above Joe, but i do think that he'll be better in a PL team simply because I'm sure that he won't be played up top on his own with no support. Question is will he make that much difference or does he need more development time ? Certainly hope he's a bit better at least then Jackson who a lot has been asked of and who may or may not make the grade.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024