Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert real presence on touchline... 09:30 - Oct 26 with 998 viewsjasondozzell

For some reason (don't ask me why!) I ended up watching quite a bit of Stoke on tv last season as Lambert battled to save them. There was no doubt that he got them organised And committed (no mean feat given the shambles be inherited) and they had a real go.

The West Ham game sticks in mind - they were v unlucky and I remember Lambert on touchline - urging players on, very vocal, living the game and jumping around like a madman. That enthusiasm and energy may be what we need at the moment
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 10:14]
Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:31 - Oct 26 with 857 viewsmonty_radio

You may have chipped in somewhere else, but as a poster whose recent posts were a model of reasonableness, what's your own latest take on developments?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:45 - Oct 26 with 766 viewsjasondozzell

Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:31 - Oct 26 by monty_radio

You may have chipped in somewhere else, but as a poster whose recent posts were a model of reasonableness, what's your own latest take on developments?

Thanks! I try to be fair...

Mixed feelings yesterday to be honest. Shocked at first and saddened by it. Still seemed very early to be making such a decision and goes against all the club stand for, or used to stand for. Never felt it was all Hurst's fault. Think Ben on Bluemonday podcast got it spot on when he highlighted the poor transition between managers and recruitment problems.

Losing Waggy, Didz, Garner and Webster was too much and though new players show promise was asking too much for them all to make jump up immediately.

Wanted Burley yesterday and was initially dismayed by idea of Lambert but it has grown on me. He is clearly capable and with backing and time could do something here. Comes across as intelligent, authoritative and committed. Watched Stoke at tail end of last season and he gave it a real go and kept them fighting - no mean feat.

Really like the story of him going to Dortmund and playing himself into one of Europe's top sides. Shows determination!

I think the key is the three year contract - if that rumour is true. When I heard that yesterday I was happy because it suggests he and Evans see this as more than just fire fighting. Lambert with some stability behind the scenes (unlike Villa, Wolves, Blackburn, Stoke) could be exactly what we need.

We've got to get behind him. I'm already feeling a bit more optimistic about survival which is a good sign.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 10:47]
Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:51 - Oct 26 with 727 viewsrickw

Yes he did get them organised and better motivated, however they got relegated as he still couldn't get them to score goals despite having some decent attackers - Shaqiri, Choupo-Moting, Crouch, Berahino, Biram Diouf.

Not trying to be negative with that comment but that is the truth and is probably his biggest challenge in what's needed to keep us up

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:53 - Oct 26 with 705 viewsjasondozzell

Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:51 - Oct 26 by rickw

Yes he did get them organised and better motivated, however they got relegated as he still couldn't get them to score goals despite having some decent attackers - Shaqiri, Choupo-Moting, Crouch, Berahino, Biram Diouf.

Not trying to be negative with that comment but that is the truth and is probably his biggest challenge in what's needed to keep us up

Yes, but don't think the mess at Stoke was of his making. Some great attacking talent I agree, but no good if you can't get on ball in PL.

I think he will get us going.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 10:55]
Lambert real presence on touchline... on 11:00 - Oct 26 with 663 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:51 - Oct 26 by rickw

We have 2 bog challenges currently.

One is to be more organised such that we don't leak very soft goals.
The second is to score goals.

Both may well be linked to a lack of organisation and tactics. On Wednesday there was a moment when we strung a few passes together and I thought wow that was good before thinking, no that should be expected. We have looked like a group of players that have never trained together for some time now.

The players you list at Stoke have generally been very inconsistent under several managers. We needs to get some consistency from Edwards/Ward and use Dozzell/Nolan/Chalobah effectively.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambert real presence on touchline... on 11:02 - Oct 26 with 647 viewsPilgrimblue

Lambert real presence on touchline... on 10:53 - Oct 26 by jasondozzell

Yes, but don't think the mess at Stoke was of his making. Some great attacking talent I agree, but no good if you can't get on ball in PL.

I think he will get us going.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 10:55]

Good posts and agree that he wouldn't have come here just to see us drown. He must have got assurances from ME so looking forward to January but in meantime perhaps he'll get right balance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024