Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another big potential plus/tick point for Lamberr 08:24 - Oct 26 with 951 viewsTerry_Nutkins

As we let the news settle in the other thing i like about the appointment is it isnt JUST a quick fix potentially (like an old boy might me). He has shown before he can build something which i like. The first bit of his job is almost impossible though. My biggest fear is he wont get time as the squad we have left just is THAT poor. Get us to jan Paul in touching distance and Evans will HAVE to release some funds.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Another big potential plus/tick point for Lamberr on 08:32 - Oct 26 with 882 viewsdavblue

He's not going to be able to get any loans in currently.

I wouldn't be surprised if we let a few go. Graham, Edun look vulnerable if we aren't going to bring anyone in on a perm basis.
Another big potential plus/tick point for Lamberr on 08:38 - Oct 26 with 832 viewshomer_123

As I said last night: "Lambert is going to need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to make a silk purse out of this sows ear of a team. "

He needs to hit the ground running and get points on the board quickly. This teams confidence is shot, those players coming up a division or two are really struggling and in the short term there is not a huge amount Lambert can do.

I posted also last night that Evans might now have no choice but to make proper transfer funds available in Jan - if we are still in a relegation scrap - it'll be the dice he ash to throw. What a waste that will be - to think that he finally spends some money after the years Mick had little to work with and all in the aid of staving off relegation.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Another big potential plus/tick point for Lamberr on 08:42 - Oct 26 with 808 viewsRegencyBlue

I think Evans will release some funds, the question in my mind is will he release enough?

This is a salvage job of massive proportions and if Evans is serious about keeping us up he's not going to be able to do his usual penny pinching act. It will take serious money.
Another big potential plus/tick point for Lamberr on 08:51 - Oct 26 with 744 viewsBluearmy71

Another big potential plus/tick point for Lamberr on 08:38 - Oct 26 by homer_123

As I said last night: "Lambert is going to need to pull a rabbit out of a hat to make a silk purse out of this sows ear of a team. "

He needs to hit the ground running and get points on the board quickly. This teams confidence is shot, those players coming up a division or two are really struggling and in the short term there is not a huge amount Lambert can do.

I posted also last night that Evans might now have no choice but to make proper transfer funds available in Jan - if we are still in a relegation scrap - it'll be the dice he ash to throw. What a waste that will be - to think that he finally spends some money after the years Mick had little to work with and all in the aid of staving off relegation.

Hopefully ME has learnt from his non investment when we were laying 2nd in the table and us fans were screaming out for it!

I think you are right, if ME wishes Town to remain in this division then he has to invest and invest heavily in January, sitting around hoping for the f*cking miracle that PL may get us out of the sh!t with the squad we have to happen is too much of a gamble to risk!
Another big potential plus/tick point for Lamberr on 08:52 - Oct 26 with 738 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

I don't subscribe to the view that the squad is that poor. I think the new manager can mix the battle hardened McCarthy players with the bright young talent at the club, and not all PH's signings were bad. Edwards looks a decent winger, Jackson with good service should do well and I think there is a half decent right back there with Donacien. Simply round pegs in round holes, and tactics to enable more service to the front players plus playing with confidence. If it is to be Lambert I for one will be pleased. I still shudder at the memory of his Norwich side tearing us apart.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024