Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now is not the time for the yoof or hoof 16:45 - Oct 3 with 488 viewsSouperJim

While it is an entirely valid argument that the players Hurst has brought in look no better than our youngsters, it's pretty naïve for so many fans to be calling for those youngsters to all be thrown in. I've read some truly ridiculous stuff like drop Chambers for Woolfenden...

Two things are really hurting us at the moment, the lack of quality in our attacking play and the lack of overall experience and "nous" on the field. Young players are not going to dig us out of a relegation scrap, what we need in the here and now is experience to help deal with the current adversity and attacking threat to take the pressure off the defence. Once we've got some kind of a platform, then we can maybe bring some of those young players in.

Bart
Chambers Pennington Nsiala Knudsen
Skuse
Edwards Nolan Dozzell Edun
Sears

I agree to a certain extent that Hurst can't legislate for individual errors like we saw last night, but we must carry more of an attacking threat than the line-up against Boro or those errors will keep coming. Why Edwards was on the bench is beyond me, I'd rather have a somewhat tired Edwards from the off than Grant "bang average" Ward. Our attacking 4 last night of Graham, Nolan, Ward and Jackson isn't going to scare anyone at this level. While it was obvious that Boro played within themselves somewhat second half, it's also no coincidence that we improved so much with Edwards, Sears and Dozzell on the pitch.

Right now we can't score for toffee and we're leaking goals. The best form of defence is attack, we have to believe in ourselves and start playing football again to get out of this mess, particularly at home. But put too many relatively inexperienced players in at once and we will simply get turned over.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Now is not the time for the yoof or hoof on 17:38 - Oct 3 with 447 viewsCurrie10

Based on how capable we are of playing football, I would argue if we want to win games it is exactly the time for hoof.........
Now is not the time for the yoof or hoof on 18:26 - Oct 3 with 426 viewsEireannach_gorm

yoof AND hoof.

Plenty of long balls up to youngsters that can run around all day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024