Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just a thought 09:55 - Jul 25 with 1739 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

But I wonder why the club haven't thought about offering Spence + cash to Blackpool for Curtis Tilt, then bringing in free agent Moses Odubajo to replace Spence.

That way we've improved our RB spot significantly and got in a solid CB. I know MO would have been on big wages at Hull, but he's been out for 2(?) years, and with Didz, Waggy and (in this scenario) Spence going, surely we could at least match what Brentford would offer him.
Just a thought on 09:56 - Jul 25 with 1714 viewsbluesym

Because Spence is so sh1t even Blackpool wouldnt want him?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Just a thought on 09:57 - Jul 25 with 1709 viewsBluebell

Were you there yesterday evening?

I thought Spence had a good game and don't think we should get rid of him!
Just a thought on 09:57 - Jul 25 with 1697 viewsDanTheMan

Last thing we need is less players. We need a bigger squad.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just a thought on 09:58 - Jul 25 with 1681 viewsSWGF

Just a thought on 09:57 - Jul 25 by Bluebell

I thought Spence had a good game and don't think we should get rid of him!

I thought he was the poorest of the defenders (inc Kenlock when he came on). Doesnt have the required quality going forward (nor arguably, in defence).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Just a thought on 10:01 - Jul 25 with 1645 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Just a thought on 09:57 - Jul 25 by DanTheMan

Last thing we need is less players. We need a bigger squad.

This would be getting rid of 1 and bringing in 2. That increases the squad size and quality.
Just a thought on 10:01 - Jul 25 with 1643 viewsSomethingBlue

That's a bit Championship Manager. Why would Spence agree to go there, and how fit for action is Odubajo?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Just a thought on 10:14 - Jul 25 with 1556 viewstextbackup

oh come on, poor Blackpool are in a mess as it is, don't heap misery and make them have Spence too

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Just a thought on 10:19 - Jul 25 with 1513 viewsJon_456

Why would Spence drop to league 1 and reduce his wage when he has a contract here?
Login to get fewer ads

Just a thought on 10:24 - Jul 25 with 1469 viewsBrianTablet

Just a thought on 10:19 - Jul 25 by Jon_456

Why would Spence drop to league 1 and reduce his wage when he has a contract here?

'musies?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Just a thought on 10:26 - Jul 25 with 1458 viewsBrianTablet

Just a thought on 09:56 - Jul 25 by bluesym

Because Spence is so sh1t even Blackpool wouldnt want him?

I think Spence will do a great job for someone someday.
It just won't be us.
And it won't be as a footballer.

[Post edited 25 Jul 2018 10:27]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Just a thought on 11:09 - Jul 25 with 1354 viewsStowTractorBoy

I personally do not rate Spence at all. He is far too loose for a full back and is definitely not good enough for us as a centre back. His positional sense is dreadful and at times he seems in a dream world. Never forgiven him for the Fulham fiasco last season. If selected for ITFC I will support him of course but we need better than him I'm afraid.
Just a thought on 11:12 - Jul 25 with 1328 viewsitfcjoe

Just a thought on 11:09 - Jul 25 by StowTractorBoy

I personally do not rate Spence at all. He is far too loose for a full back and is definitely not good enough for us as a centre back. His positional sense is dreadful and at times he seems in a dream world. Never forgiven him for the Fulham fiasco last season. If selected for ITFC I will support him of course but we need better than him I'm afraid.

I think he is ok - his issue is he is too patchy.

When he does something good he can look excellent for next 15-20 minutes - but if he makes a mistake he looks like he's totally shot and mistake follows mistake and he looks drunk for a bit.

If he could remove that from his game he'd be a perfectly serviceable at this level

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just a thought on 11:17 - Jul 25 with 1270 viewsagentp

PH is a Football manager and ME a club owner. Both have been in/around the game for some time. I think we can give them both more credit TBH.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Just a thought on 11:24 - Jul 25 with 1228 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Just a thought on 10:01 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

That's a bit Championship Manager. Why would Spence agree to go there, and how fit for action is Odubajo?

This.

How do we know what deals have/haven't been considered/offered? But the idea that we offer a player we don't want (who you admit is no better than someone else available on a free and at same wages). If such deals go through they depend on players agreeing. As soon as an agent becomes aware of the desire for a manager to move a player on it creates a different can of worms and scenarios where the agent is looking out for their own interests and the player is looking out for theirs.

The potential outcome you have is Spence unsettled, us paying a higher fee for Tilt after the Spence element falls through and us having to pay off Spence's contract while Blackpool sign the other player or he asks for far too high wages for the quality we rate him as.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Just a thought on 11:27 - Jul 25 with 1200 viewsMrTown

Looked at Moses Odabajuo earlier in the transfer window, still struggling with injury firstly and secondly and the deciding factor is that he was on 40,000 a week at Hull.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024