Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone 10:23 - Jun 7 with 2427 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-44393573/arizona-police-violently-

Nothing outside the norm I guess.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:32 - Jun 7 with 2398 viewsnoggin

That is extremely disturbing.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:36 - Jun 7 with 2394 viewsCheltenham_Blue

....I am surprised.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44281691
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 10:38]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:44 - Jun 7 with 2375 viewsjeera

There's absolutely no need for any of it. One of them, 2 max, to get the man to comply with minimal force required.

Cowardly bastards with no sense of shame and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that position of responsibility.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:46 - Jun 7 with 2364 viewsCheltenham_Blue

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:44 - Jun 7 by jeera

There's absolutely no need for any of it. One of them, 2 max, to get the man to comply with minimal force required.

Cowardly bastards with no sense of shame and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near that position of responsibility.

Took him a while to go down though. Good on him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:47 - Jun 7 with 2361 viewsjeera

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:46 - Jun 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'd like to see how that would pan out in a fair exchange, one at a time.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:51 - Jun 7 with 2356 viewsconnorscontract

The headline misses three important facts:

1 Robert Johnson is a black man

2 He wasn't being investigated for any crime. He just happened to be at the home of someone who Police turned up to interview.

3 He was standing up against a wall. That's all he was doing. Keeping out of the way.

So after that terrible thing happened, the Mesa Police Chief says:

"The things that he said, and in leaning against a wall, made the officers feel as though they needed to have him sit down. So when he didn't sit down they applied force to have him sit down."

He was punched multiple times by four cops, and kicked, and at least once his head is punched so hard that it recoils back and smacks the wall.

He was then arrested for Disorderly Conduct.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 10:58]
US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:53 - Jun 7 with 2349 viewsjeera

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:51 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

2 He wasn't being investigated for any crime. He just happened to be at the home of someone who Police turned up to interview.

3 He was standing up against a wall. That's all he was doing. Keeping out of the way.

"The things that he said, and in leaning against a wall, made the officers feel as though they needed to have him sit down. So when he didn't sit down they applied force to have him sit down."

He was punched multiple times by four cops, and kicked, and at least once his head is punched so hard that it recoils back and smacks the wall.

Still, at least society has come a long way.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:05 - Jun 7 with 2317 viewsPendejo

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:46 - Jun 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Only because he was against the wall with officers holding him. He took at least one lunch whilst unconscious.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:09 - Jun 7 with 2311 viewsLord_Lucan

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:36 - Jun 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

....I am surprised.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44281691
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 10:38]

I'm surprised that people are surprised

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:13 - Jun 7 with 2305 viewsLord_Lucan

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 10:51 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

I'm not sure if being black really comes into it, the leading most aggressive copper was black as well, so how can a racial element come into it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:16 - Jun 7 with 2291 viewsjeera

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:13 - Jun 7 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not sure if being black really comes into it, the leading most aggressive copper was black as well, so how can a racial element come into it?

Maybe. although there does always seem to be a disproportionate element of violence towards black males, let's face it.

Maybe he's trying to fit in with his own colleagues? Who knows?

Maybe I've made that up.

Hi btw. Thanks for making the effort the other week and all that.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:17 - Jun 7 with 2289 viewsconnorscontract

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:13 - Jun 7 by Lord_Lucan

That was clearly the editorial decision made by the Beeb as well, but it comes into it as the latest in a long line of incidents where innocent Black people have been assaulted, or worse, by US law enforcement officers.

A white innocent bystander doesn't tend to get that reaction so often.
US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:19 - Jun 7 with 2284 viewschicoazul

Like the fact the meathead bald black guy punches like such a pussy that he has to resort to an elbow.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:33 - Jun 7 with 2255 viewsLord_Lucan

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:17 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

That was clearly the editorial decision made by the Beeb as well, but it comes into it as the latest in a long line of incidents where innocent Black people have been assaulted, or worse, by US law enforcement officers.

It is without doubt black people have suffered racism and violence hugely in America for many years and undoubtedly still do in many parts.

On the face of it this instance isn't one of them. I long to see a world where racism doesn't exist but my personal view is that highlighting instances like this as racist just because a black man is involved is counter productive and just adds more fuel to the fire.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:35 - Jun 7 with 2250 viewschicoazul

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:33 - Jun 7 by Lord_Lucan

It is without doubt black people have suffered racism and violence hugely in America for many years and undoubtedly still do in many parts.

On the face of it this instance isn't one of them. I long to see a world where racism doesn't exist but my personal view is that highlighting instances like this as racist just because a black man is involved is counter productive and just adds more fuel to the fire.

From my admittedly-huge distance it seems to me that a lot of police violence in the States is based on poverty rather than race necessarily.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:36 - Jun 7 with 2245 viewsjeera

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:35 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

From my admittedly-huge distance it seems to me that a lot of police violence in the States is based on poverty rather than race necessarily.

Well, quite likely, yes.

But then one is in no small part due to the other surely.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:38 - Jun 7 with 2241 viewschicoazul

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:36 - Jun 7 by jeera

Well, quite likely, yes.

But then one is in no small part due to the other surely.

Oh yes very good point and that occured to me as soon as I posted!

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:47 - Jun 7 with 2224 viewsLord_Lucan

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:35 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

That's world over though.

Take Stop and Search, would you put your officers on the streets of South London looking for £20 wraps of crack or on The Kings Rd at night where you would confiscate thousands of pounds of coke?

They're heading south baby!

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:51 - Jun 7 with 2213 viewsjeera

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:47 - Jun 7 by Lord_Lucan

That's world over though.

Take Stop and Search, would you put your officers on the streets of South London looking for £20 wraps of crack or on The Kings Rd at night where you would confiscate thousands of pounds of coke?

They're heading south baby!

This is true, though I wonder where reality lies with links to street crime/violence and the two ends of the spectrum.

I sincerely don't know and won't pretend to, but do more people get hurt in every day life due to one or the other?

Maybe add some caveat to that, and say 'innocent people'. Those not involved.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:03 - Jun 7 with 2192 viewsLord_Lucan

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:51 - Jun 7 by jeera

This is true, though I wonder where reality lies with links to street crime/violence and the two ends of the spectrum.

I sincerely don't know and won't pretend to, but do more people get hurt in every day life due to one or the other?

Maybe add some caveat to that, and say 'innocent people'. Those not involved.

Yes, I think that is the point.

The yuppies on Kings Rd probably aren't causing a lot of problems yet the £20 crack wrap bicycles are leading to theft, burglary and robbings.

Of course if we legalised everything it would solve a lot of this - but undoubtedly cause many other problems.

It's a social issue fuelled by a certain mindset and consumerism. You can walk around the slums of Hong Kong where they have real poverty and you are not going to get mugged.

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:08 - Jun 7 with 2186 viewsBetablocker

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 11:17 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

The problem is simple. Black males are more likely to commit crime in the US, an unfortunate truth

And btw the violence towards that man sickens me
US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:21 - Jun 7 with 2156 viewsconnorscontract

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:08 - Jun 7 by Betablocker

The problem is simple. Black males are more likely to commit crime in the US, an unfortunate truth

And btw the violence towards that man sickens me

Leaving aside the whole issue as to why that might be, it clearly should be irrelevant in every single case of violence against INNOCENT black people, and also shouldn't be a factor in cases of disproportionate violence by Police/Sheriff's Officers against black people.

But your point makes the point: stereotyping is so ingrained into many Officers (including Black and Hispanic officers in recent high profile cases) that a disproportionate response is triggered in them, even when the individuals are innocent bystanders who they have sworn, as their first duty, to "Protect and Serve".
[Post edited 7 Jun 2018 12:21]
US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:23 - Jun 7 with 2142 viewsconnorscontract

See my reply about stereotyping above.
US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:38 - Jun 7 with 2119 viewsTractorWood

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:03 - Jun 7 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, I think that is the point.

The yuppies on Kings Rd probably aren't causing a lot of problems yet the £20 crack wrap bicycles are leading to theft, burglary and robbings.

Of course if we legalised everything it would solve a lot of this - but undoubtedly cause many other problems.

It's a social issue fuelled by a certain mindset and consumerism. You can walk around the slums of Hong Kong where they have real poverty and you are not going to get mugged.

Petty crime (that aligns with our interpretation) doesn't really exist in South East Asia. In my experience there are usually other things you need to think about like getting quoted more than locals for taxis on trivial journeys, being suggested places that have referral arrangements and officially unofficial money changers. All are easy avoidable but to the untrained and untravelled eye, they aren't that obvious.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:43 - Jun 7 with 2104 viewsLord_Lucan

US Police.....just beating the c**p out of someone on 12:38 - Jun 7 by TractorWood

Petty crime (that aligns with our interpretation) doesn't really exist in South East Asia. In my experience there are usually other things you need to think about like getting quoted more than locals for taxis on trivial journeys, being suggested places that have referral arrangements and officially unofficial money changers. All are easy avoidable but to the untrained and untravelled eye, they aren't that obvious.

But you are talking from a tourists position and those same things happen throughout the world - including Europe.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024