Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
History Channel - History of football 21:01 - May 29 with 1479 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Anyone caught any of this yet?

Just watched the One Night in Turin special about Italia 90 - just before my time so good to understand what went on there and see SBR in action. Pretty good watch although main criticism would be you can very much tell it’s made by/for the History Channel and not Sky Sports!

Decent watch if you want to get excited for the World Cup.

Engerrrrlanddddd.
History Channel - History of football on 21:14 - May 29 with 1441 viewsMVBlue

That was some tournament. Pavarotti, hot summer, stylish kits, stylish football teams, legends of the game.

1998 was a classic too.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

History Channel - History of football on 21:28 - May 29 with 1415 viewsMatt_Netherlands

History Channel - History of football on 21:14 - May 29 by MVBlue

That was some tournament. Pavarotti, hot summer, stylish kits, stylish football teams, legends of the game.

1998 was a classic too.

The kits were something special, some questionable haircuts on show thoigh - all the players looked about 10 years older than the average player now!

98 was the first WC I saw... that Argentina game had it all - the Owen goal, the red card, the disallowed goal! (Oh and a losing penalty shootout)
History Channel - History of football on 21:29 - May 29 with 1415 viewsitfcjoe

That's an older documentary made for DVD not the History Channel - based on Pete Davies' book All Played Out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

History Channel - History of football on 21:40 - May 29 with 1386 viewsbluelou

History Channel - History of football on 21:29 - May 29 by itfcjoe

That's an older documentary made for DVD not the History Channel - based on Pete Davies' book All Played Out

Wasn’t it based on the book “one night in Turin”?
It was Pete Davies tho. Great read, really eye opening to understand the environment for football fans at the time

The history channel have made a new one though, called Return to Turin. That was what was on last night. Terry Butcher and Paul Parker came into work to talk about it the other week. They were hilarious.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

History Channel - History of football on 21:53 - May 29 with 1356 viewsSWGF

Made by Lineker's production company wasn't it? Watched it this afternoon. It was OK. Some interesting interviews. Thought Lineker was a bit "me, me, me".

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

History Channel - History of football on 22:09 - May 29 with 1330 viewsitfcjoe

History Channel - History of football on 21:40 - May 29 by bluelou

Wasn’t it based on the book “one night in Turin”?
It was Pete Davies tho. Great read, really eye opening to understand the environment for football fans at the time

The history channel have made a new one though, called Return to Turin. That was what was on last night. Terry Butcher and Paul Parker came into work to talk about it the other week. They were hilarious.

Book was originally called All Played Out, think it was released again around the film with a new title

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024