Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham 16:49 - Mar 31 with 4273 viewsJ2BLUE

From BBC:

Posted at 67 mins
Birmingham 1-0 Ipswich

Remember when I said Ipswich hadn't registered a shot on target in this game, earlier?

They still haven't shot on target and we're approaching the final 20 minutes, here.

Mick McCarthy's side haven't scored in their past three matches. Could that be four matches in a matter of minutes?

I really don't know why anyone is bothered that MM is off. He's a good manager and he'll do well somewhere with more quality but his approach is completely wrong for us.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 16:49]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:54 - Mar 31 with 4177 viewsElderGrizzly

I’d suggest not scoring or having shots on target is the wrong approach for anyone
We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:55 - Mar 31 with 4150 viewsJ2BLUE

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:54 - Mar 31 by ElderGrizzly

I’d suggest not scoring or having shots on target is the wrong approach for anyone

Well if he is at a side with plenty of money to buy attacking players who can carve our a few more chances and score a few more goals then he'll do very well.

Fair point though.

Truly impaired.

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:56 - Mar 31 with 4117 viewsTractorWood

I'm going to miss 75th minute like for like substitutions when trying to change games.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:57 - Mar 31 with 4085 viewsJ2BLUE

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:56 - Mar 31 by TractorWood

I'm going to miss 75th minute like for like substitutions when trying to change games.

It took a penalty to beat us

That's basically a win to MM

Truly impaired.

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:58 - Mar 31 with 4059 viewsBackToRussia

Is this the players doing trying their all to finish as high as possible "for the gaffer" is it? Maybe we shouldn't think Chambers' opinions are shared by all.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:03 - Mar 31 with 3973 viewsquirkie

They got quality players.
They are in a false position.

Going to miss that.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:05 - Mar 31 with 3936 viewsCoastalblue

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:03 - Mar 31 by quirkie

They got quality players.
They are in a false position.

Going to miss that.

Good team Birmingham

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:07 - Mar 31 with 3913 viewsRyorry

What I've missed most during his tenure is actually - excitement. I mean that's what football, essentially, is supposed to be about, isn't it??!! Wonder if he's ever actually stopped to think about it from the fans' point of view?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:08 - Mar 31 with 3885 viewsJ2BLUE

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:07 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

What I've missed most during his tenure is actually - excitement. I mean that's what football, essentially, is supposed to be about, isn't it??!! Wonder if he's ever actually stopped to think about it from the fans' point of view?

Are you questioning him numbskull?

Truly impaired.

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:10 - Mar 31 with 3867 viewsfooters

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:07 - Mar 31 by Ryorry

We had a shot on target, what more excitement do you need?

Congrats to the poor sods who made the trip up. At least Brum's a good place to drown your sorrows.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:10 - Mar 31 with 3859 viewsSomethingBlue

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 16:58 - Mar 31 by BackToRussia

Is this the players doing trying their all to finish as high as possible "for the gaffer" is it? Maybe we shouldn't think Chambers' opinions are shared by all.

Yes because if they lose a tight away match 1-0 they're clearly phoning it in, you're right.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:13 - Mar 31 with 3828 viewsRyorry

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:08 - Mar 31 by J2BLUE

Are you questioning him numbskull?

Can't help wondering if MM ever actually listens to anyone, even these days including TC.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:28 - Mar 31 with 3749 viewsBackToRussia

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:10 - Mar 31 by SomethingBlue

Yes because if they lose a tight away match 1-0 they're clearly phoning it in, you're right.

No, you're right, they sounded inspired today.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:30 - Mar 31 with 3730 viewsSomethingBlue

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:28 - Mar 31 by BackToRussia

Ok, have it your way.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:35 - Mar 31 with 3681 viewsDarth_Koont

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:28 - Mar 31 by BackToRussia

To be fair BTR, it wasn't a casual performance today by any stretch. We put in the yards and worked hard throughout.

We didn't have enough quality on the ball (neither did Birmingham) but whoever made the first mistake was going to lose. That was us.

Pronouns: He/Him

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 18:21 - Mar 31 with 3566 viewsBackToRussia

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 17:35 - Mar 31 by Darth_Koont

To be fair BTR, it wasn't a casual performance today by any stretch. We put in the yards and worked hard throughout.

We didn't have enough quality on the ball (neither did Birmingham) but whoever made the first mistake was going to lose. That was us.

That's sort of the problem isn't it? All work and no end product. You could see this game panning out the way it did from a mile off. As Watson says, far too many of these games. The phrase glass ceiling comes to mind. You just wish someone would take one of these games by the scruff of the neck and try something else.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 18:31 - Mar 31 with 3532 viewsSteve_M

It's not that his approach is completely wrong as much as we need a change. It's really only a question of degree with lots of other managers at this level, when it's going well it's great but when it isn't it can be awful.

FWIW there was no lack of effort today, we played ok in patches but only to the edge of the area. Then the decision making and lack of composure let us down. We didn't really give Birmingham three easy points either.

We look though like a team that doesn't believe it will score and is trying too hard to do so, many of the failings were down to over-playing, trying to make sure of the ball. We didn't deserve to lose but nor were we good enough to change that.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2018 18:52]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We are an absolute gift for teams like Birmingham on 19:26 - Mar 31 with 3440 viewsVaughan8

When the news about MM came out this week, a few (mostly) Arsenal supporting friends said "i see you are going to get relegated next season then", which i thought is this the view of a lot of people outside the club.

However, when I mentioned the 2 goals in 9 home games, I didn't get a response. I think Mick has done well convincing the outside world he is our saviour. I do think he has done a decent job, but the last 2 season have been pretty bad.

Just looked at the games since the 4-2 forest win, and we have had 20 games, scored 12 goals and got 20 points. That is pretty rubbish if you look at it like that. We were probably one of the top scorers until that point.

I do think teams don't mind playing us as if they get the first goal, we are unlikely to win.
It would be interesting to see stats on points from losing positions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024