Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oz travel advice 20:20 - Aug 18 with 1443 viewsartsbossbeard

Right,I've just now committed the family Beard to visiting my cousin in summer 2019.

She lives over on the Gold Coast. What's the best flight options, fellow blues? Not saying cost isn't an issue but happy to spend a few quid on things. Shoot.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oz travel advice on 20:48 - Aug 18 with 1387 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

I flew malaysia airlines to Brisbane via KL - very enjoyable
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 20:49]
Oz travel advice on 20:57 - Aug 18 with 1367 viewsartsbossbeard

Oz travel advice on 20:48 - Aug 18 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I flew malaysia airlines to Brisbane via KL - very enjoyable
[Post edited 18 Aug 2017 20:49]

How long did you have in KL?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oz travel advice on 21:05 - Aug 18 with 1353 viewsForza_Blue

Gone to and fro a few times with Singapore, Malaysia and Emirates. Singapore always fantastic, Malaysia not far behind... Emirates way off the pace of those two with regards to service IMO. Also Singapore, if you haven't been, is well worth having some stopover time in - fantastic place.
Oz travel advice on 21:12 - Aug 18 with 1339 viewsfactual_blue

Oz travel advice on 20:57 - Aug 18 by artsbossbeard

If you're in KL, I'd recommend the Sama Sama hotel at the airport. The express service into the city centre is ideal for sight-seeing. The hotel is really good, with a buggy to bring you to and from the terminal (all of about 300 yards). They'll also automatically give you a late check-out - handy if you're flying back to the UK when the flights will typically be 23:00hrs or later.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Oz travel advice on 21:16 - Aug 18 with 1328 viewsfactual_blue

Oz travel advice on 21:05 - Aug 18 by Forza_Blue

Gone to and fro a few times with Singapore, Malaysia and Emirates. Singapore always fantastic, Malaysia not far behind... Emirates way off the pace of those two with regards to service IMO. Also Singapore, if you haven't been, is well worth having some stopover time in - fantastic place.

We're off to NZ next year and have already booked with Singapore Airlines which was well recommended.

We've a thirteen hour stopover in Singapore on the outward leg. There's a transit hotel that you can book in six hour blocks, so we'll book a six hour slot plus another couple of hours on top.

We're staying in Singapore for three nights on the way back. Singapore Airlines do stopover breaks which look goodish value - range of hotels, transfers to & from airport, the hop-on hop-off bus tour and free entrance to about fifteen tourist attractions.

Oz travel advice on 21:24 - Aug 18 with 1312 viewsForza_Blue

Oz travel advice on 21:16 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

We're off to NZ next year and have already booked with Singapore Airlines which was well recommended.

We've a thirteen hour stopover in Singapore on the outward leg. There's a transit hotel that you can book in six hour blocks, so we'll book a six hour slot plus another couple of hours on top.

We're staying in Singapore for three nights on the way back. Singapore Airlines do stopover breaks which look goodish value - range of hotels, transfers to & from airport, the hop-on hop-off bus tour and free entrance to about fifteen tourist attractions.

You'll love it, so much to do. The zoo is worth a look (more of a small scale safari than a zoo), obvious ones like tea (or Singapore Sling) at Raffles... but for something a bit different I'd recommend a trip to the museum on the site of Changi POW camp. My Grandad was POW there so had some personal sentimental value but even without that, is an extremely humbling experience.
Oz travel advice on 21:29 - Aug 18 with 1298 viewsfactual_blue

Oz travel advice on 21:24 - Aug 18 by Forza_Blue

You'll love it, so much to do. The zoo is worth a look (more of a small scale safari than a zoo), obvious ones like tea (or Singapore Sling) at Raffles... but for something a bit different I'd recommend a trip to the museum on the site of Changi POW camp. My Grandad was POW there so had some personal sentimental value but even without that, is an extremely humbling experience.

Thanks for the tip.

I think Raffles rather than the POW camp on Mrs Factual's birthday, which falls while we're there.

Oz travel advice on 21:33 - Aug 18 with 1286 viewsForza_Blue

Oz travel advice on 21:29 - Aug 18 by factual_blue

Thanks for the tip.

I think Raffles rather than the POW camp on Mrs Factual's birthday, which falls while we're there.

You're welcome... yeah Changi maybe a tad heavy for birthday celebrations!
Login to get fewer ads

Oz travel advice on 21:34 - Aug 18 with 1280 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Oz travel advice on 20:57 - Aug 18 by artsbossbeard

On the way out, we took the chance to spend a few days seeing Malaysia - KL, penang, langkawi etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024