Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Twitter thread is quite painful to read 14:40 - Jul 12 with 7299 viewsmonytowbray

DM comments section is always a classy place.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:44 - Jul 12 with 7259 viewsbluelagos

The Tory councillor resigned over her comments, is that the same lead story?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:55 - Jul 12 with 7224 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Everyone should now allow the inquiry to do its job. Its sad the way this event has been manipulated by sections of the media to attribute blame before the facts are known.

Its pretty clear that no politicians will come out of this well, and those in the wrong will be punished accordingly.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:57 - Jul 12 with 7215 viewsmonytowbray

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:55 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Everyone should now allow the inquiry to do its job. Its sad the way this event has been manipulated by sections of the media to attribute blame before the facts are known.

Its pretty clear that no politicians will come out of this well, and those in the wrong will be punished accordingly.

If those in the wrong have money or power I imagine they'll get off lightly.

I fear another Hillsborough level cover up.

TWTD never forgets…

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:59 - Jul 12 with 7202 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:57 - Jul 12 by monytowbray

If those in the wrong have money or power I imagine they'll get off lightly.

I fear another Hillsborough level cover up.

Lets wait and see rather than jump to conclusions.

Hilsbrough happened 30+ years ago and thats when the cover up started. We cant compare everything to Hilsbrough.

Thats a bit of an Andy Burnham sound bite.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:00 - Jul 12 with 7205 viewsbluelagos

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:55 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

There is huge question though over lack,of trust. Just today, an announcement of a new inquiry into the deaths of over 2400 people who were given infected blood by the NHS decades ago.

By contrast, the French identified, prosecuted and jailed those responsbbile, years ago.

Is any wonder people are suspicious of the official inquiry?

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:03 - Jul 12 with 7178 viewsBlueBadger

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:00 - Jul 12 by bluelagos

There is huge question though over lack,of trust. Just today, an announcement of a new inquiry into the deaths of over 2400 people who were given infected blood by the NHS decades ago.

By contrast, the French identified, prosecuted and jailed those responsbbile, years ago.

The fact that there's been a lot of talk about getting a preliminary report out quickly does rather make me fear that there'll be a lot of skimping over of things.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:06 - Jul 12 with 7164 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Again, we are digging up a case from generations ago to judge modern compliance standards by.

That was a scandal and is rightly being investigated.

There will be so many eyes and attention on this inquiry that it wont be possible to have a mass cover up. Labour for one are using it for their ongoing 'election' campaign, so that should create some balance.

The other point is that the blame is likely to span across political parties, so no one party will come out of this without any blame.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:08 - Jul 12 with 7147 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:03 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

The fact that there's been a lot of talk about getting a preliminary report out quickly does rather make me fear that there'll be a lot of skimping over of things.

The government cant win.

....'we want answers, we demand answers now!!, we demand action!!'

...and then people complain that the report is coming too quickly.

David Lammy even suggested that the judge was the wrong ethnicity.

Login to get fewer ads

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:13 - Jul 12 with 7117 viewsmonytowbray

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 14:59 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lets wait and see rather than jump to conclusions.

Hilsbrough happened 30+ years ago and thats when the cover up started. We cant compare everything to Hilsbrough.

Thats a bit of an Andy Burnham sound bite.

I'm not saying it will happen, but it is a possibility if it isn't handled properly.

TWTD never forgets…

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:15 - Jul 12 with 7106 viewsBlueBadger

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:08 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

The government cant win.

....'we want answers, we demand answers now!!, we demand action!!'

...and then people complain that the report is coming too quickly.

David Lammy even suggested that the judge was the wrong ethnicity.

The Grenfall Action Group had been warning that a tragedy was brewing only to be repeatedly ignored, Previous incidents at tower blocks which, whilst serious led to action being taken. I can't blame them for their lack of faith right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:16 - Jul 12 with 7103 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:13 - Jul 12 by monytowbray

I'm not saying it will happen, but it is a possibility if it isn't handled properly.

Yes, lets hope that it is handled properly.

It would take houdini to get out of this one.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:16 - Jul 12 with 7104 viewsBlueBadger

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:13 - Jul 12 by monytowbray

And histórical precedent isn't currently on their side. Personally, I will be delighted to be proven wrong on this one.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 15:17]

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:20 - Jul 12 with 7086 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:15 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

The Grenfall Action Group had been warning that a tragedy was brewing only to be repeatedly ignored, Previous incidents at tower blocks which, whilst serious led to action being taken. I can't blame them for their lack of faith right now.

I don't see another course of action?

Those people who allegedly ignored their warnings will be answerable to the inquiry.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:23 - Jul 12 with 7062 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:16 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

And histórical precedent isn't currently on their side. Personally, I will be delighted to be proven wrong on this one.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 15:17]

Do we know that historical precedent isnt on their side?

We have chosen to focus on two cover ups from the past half century, the most recent of which was 30 years ago. That doesnt mean 100% of public inquirys result in a cover up.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:29 - Jul 12 with 7057 viewsbluelagos

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:06 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Again, we are digging up a case from generations ago to judge modern compliance standards by.

That was a scandal and is rightly being investigated.

There will be so many eyes and attention on this inquiry that it wont be possible to have a mass cover up. Labour for one are using it for their ongoing 'election' campaign, so that should create some balance.

The other point is that the blame is likely to span across political parties, so no one party will come out of this without any blame.

It's not about historic compliance, it's about our current ability (today) to hold people, especially powerful people, to account.

Last 3 years, dozens of ex-police lied under oath at the inquests. I'll say with without hesitation and happily name half a dozen confident I'd not be libelling anyone. Not one of them is being prosecuted for their clear attempts to pervert the course of justice.

Connected people behave as if they are above the law, always have. And they get away with it, always have. The poor man,,with no money behind him, gets nowhere. Whether it's Blair Peach or Ian Thomlinson, the result is the same....
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 15:36]

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:33 - Jul 12 with 7042 viewsbluelagos

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:03 - Jul 12 by BlueBadger

One of Proffessor Scraton's criticisms of the Taylor report, was the time pressure to get it out. One of the reasons the failures of the emergency response were glossed over in his report.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:43 - Jul 12 with 6992 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:29 - Jul 12 by bluelagos

It's not about historic compliance, it's about our current ability (today) to hold people, especially powerful people, to account.

Last 3 years, dozens of ex-police lied under oath at the inquests. I'll say with without hesitation and happily name half a dozen confident I'd not be libelling anyone. Not one of them is being prosecuted for their clear attempts to pervert the course of justice.

Connected people behave as if they are above the law, always have. And they get away with it, always have. The poor man,,with no money behind him, gets nowhere. Whether it's Blair Peach or Ian Thomlinson, the result is the same....
[Post edited 12 Jul 2017 15:36]

Whats the alternative course of action?

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:56 - Jul 12 with 6960 viewsbluelagos

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:43 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Whats the alternative course of action?

I'd start with the IPCC. They are supposed to hold the police to account and are staffed by a load of excoppers. I'd employ overseas detectives instead of UK,police.

I'd put body cameras on every policeman tkmorrow.

I'd remove the loop holes the police use to collude in their own evidence. (They are allowed to chat before giving statements)

I'd ensure every policeman sacked for misconduct loses 100% of his pension rights. I'd ensure no policemen were allowed to avoid a disciplinary by resigning.

And I'd prosecute every single SYP who changled their statement over Hillsborough. I'd prosecute, jail them and send a message that corruption isn't acceptable.

And I wouldnt give a fck for SYP like PC Scott, who played the "disabled" card at the inquests.

And I'd pass the Hillsborough law, to gaurantee equality of legal funding for those killed by the state. It also compels state employees to tell the truth over deaths, something that many seem unable to do at present.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:58 - Jul 12 with 6952 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:56 - Jul 12 by bluelagos

I'd start with the IPCC. They are supposed to hold the police to account and are staffed by a load of excoppers. I'd employ overseas detectives instead of UK,police.

I'd put body cameras on every policeman tkmorrow.

I'd remove the loop holes the police use to collude in their own evidence. (They are allowed to chat before giving statements)

I'd ensure every policeman sacked for misconduct loses 100% of his pension rights. I'd ensure no policemen were allowed to avoid a disciplinary by resigning.

And I'd prosecute every single SYP who changled their statement over Hillsborough. I'd prosecute, jail them and send a message that corruption isn't acceptable.

And I wouldnt give a fck for SYP like PC Scott, who played the "disabled" card at the inquests.

And I'd pass the Hillsborough law, to gaurantee equality of legal funding for those killed by the state. It also compels state employees to tell the truth over deaths, something that many seem unable to do at present.

I was referring to whether there was an alternative to the PI for the Grenfell issue.

I dont necessarily disagree with any of your comments.

....although you would get a load of people complaining about invasion of privacy re body cams.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 16:07 - Jul 12 with 6933 viewsbluelagos

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:58 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I was referring to whether there was an alternative to the PI for the Grenfell issue.

I dont necessarily disagree with any of your comments.

....although you would get a load of people complaining about invasion of privacy re body cams.

Sorry, my mistake.

The Grenfell residents have little option but to go along with the inquiry. It is really important though that their interests are represented (funded) and that the inquiry is wide enough to cover all the issues.

If I was in their shoes, I'd be making as much noise as possible, in the hope that the press ensured their concerns / worries are addressed.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 16:17 - Jul 12 with 6907 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 16:07 - Jul 12 by bluelagos

Sorry, my mistake.

The Grenfell residents have little option but to go along with the inquiry. It is really important though that their interests are represented (funded) and that the inquiry is wide enough to cover all the issues.

If I was in their shoes, I'd be making as much noise as possible, in the hope that the press ensured their concerns / worries are addressed.

I think they will be funded, pretty sure thats been agreed. Dont forget they also have the Labour party behind them, not to mention the media, so I dont think theyll be the 'little man' in this one.

I think we can all be certain that they are very much making as much noise as possible. Certainly the woman on GMB was who had dragged her 4 kids along.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 16:28 - Jul 12 with 6867 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's absolutely huge. It hadn't really sunk in until I heard an interview this morning with someone who was diagnosed relatively recently. Basically, anyone who had an operation pre-1991 may have been infected as hospitals weren't routinely telling people if they had needed a transfusion or not during an operation. Also anyone who had a tattoo is immediately discounted. They reckon the 2,400 is the tip of the iceberg. Scarey stuff.

Also it's absolutely amazing that they knew about this at the time but decided to keep it quiet and use infected people as unbeknown guinea pigs for medical trials.

Yeah, it's no surprise people are suspicious.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 16:54 - Jul 12 with 6811 viewsBasuco

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 15:20 - Jul 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don't see another course of action?

Those people who allegedly ignored their warnings will be answerable to the inquiry.

It needs a corporate manslaughter charge against those in charge of the failings, this never seems to happen so the people who benefit financially from the actions taken are never held to account. There will not be a change of attitude until this happens and that will send out a powerful message to others and go along way to stop this happening again.
This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 17:00 - Jul 12 with 6791 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 16:54 - Jul 12 by Basuco

It needs a corporate manslaughter charge against those in charge of the failings, this never seems to happen so the people who benefit financially from the actions taken are never held to account. There will not be a change of attitude until this happens and that will send out a powerful message to others and go along way to stop this happening again.

We'll have to see what comes from the PI.

This Twitter thread is quite painful to read on 18:54 - Jul 12 with 6651 viewsstickymockwell

Yeah go the Daily Mail.
I wonder what Darce would do if his family were in that fire.
What would you do if your family was in that fire?
It's disgusting that the DM is bringing this up. The poor and ethnic minority's are again being blamed for making a stand.
I wish that rag was shut down.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024