Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night 08:17 - Jun 4 with 6945 viewsstickymockwell

She basically thinks the sun shines out of her family's behind and everything they do is perfect. Honestly they can do no wrong in her eyes, where as my family don't always live up to her standards.
Last Weekend her mum came back from Edinburgh with an expensive bottle of Gin for us, and she's been banging on about opening it for the last few days like it's a major thing. So yesterday I emptied it and filled it with prison grade co-op gin that's been tapped of an old tramps barrel of ethanol.
As she whooped with delight at staggering taste of this beverage with repeated statements of "you can really taste the difference can't you?" I was finding hard not to crack up.
Anyway she has a bit of a minging hangover this morning. I'm feeling a little bad, but I do have some really nice gin concealed in a co-op bottle at the back of the cupboard

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

on 08:19 - Jun 4 with 6383 views_

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 08:20 - Jun 4 with 6367 viewsBenters

Nice one.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:11 - Jun 4 with 6215 viewsbritbiker

It may be petty but sometimes you have to win a minor battle for your own sanity. Now give her the switched cheap bottle and enjoy as she comments on
N how cheap it tastes.
played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:16 - Jun 4 with 6192 viewsblue_oyster

Sounds like you wanted to do the gin test more than actually trick her personally. Same applies to wine and other 'fine' drinks -- it's mostly all in the mind.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:18 - Jun 4 with 6183 viewstaximan

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 08:20 - Jun 4 by Benters

Nice one.

agree
played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:18 - Jun 4 with 6180 viewsNewcyBlue

Ex-wife's family were a pain in the backside...

I feel your pain...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:28 - Jun 4 with 6140 viewsTLA

This is the kind of light relief we all need sometimes - proper funny!

I've got a mate who is 'considerably richer than me'. Years ago we were having a meal and he said he had a couple of bottles of very expensive wine, recommended by his dad. After the first sip, I had to tell him it tasted like rotten fish - he tried to pretend it was brilliant for a while and then said the it must have been the '92, rather than the '93 that was the vintage. The second bottle didn't get opened and we drank the supermarket wine that I brought along, which was nice!
played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:50 - Jun 4 with 6071 viewsLord_Lucan

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:11 - Jun 4 by britbiker

It may be petty but sometimes you have to win a minor battle for your own sanity. Now give her the switched cheap bottle and enjoy as she comments on
N how cheap it tastes.

Yes, they must both drink the other bottle and Sticky should wait and get her comments before revealing his man treachery.

It's only things like this that get me through the day.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 9:51]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 11:18 - Jun 4 with 5875 viewsRoyKeanesDog

That is fantastic.

Poll: Best Football Song

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 11:32 - Jun 4 with 5844 viewsbournemouthblue

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 09:50 - Jun 4 by Lord_Lucan

Yes, they must both drink the other bottle and Sticky should wait and get her comments before revealing his man treachery.

It's only things like this that get me through the day.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 9:51]

Although it could have a downside if she decides that the co-op stuff is a hidden gem

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 11:36 - Jun 4 with 5830 viewsPendejo

Does she have a surname that's a mundane word pronounced in a strange way?

Is she...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 12:21 - Jun 4 with 5766 viewsGeoffSentence

on 08:19 - Jun 4 by _

Those are the best ones! Well played Sticky.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

on 12:37 - Jun 4 with 5713 views_

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 12:21 - Jun 4 by GeoffSentence

Those are the best ones! Well played Sticky.

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:21 - Jun 4 with 5394 viewsDeano69

Little victories. Love it.

25 years for me this year, these little victories keep it enjoyable.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:33 - Jun 4 with 5352 viewsstickymockwell

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:21 - Jun 4 by Deano69

Little victories. Love it.

25 years for me this year, these little victories keep it enjoyable.

Cheers Deano
I might follow it up by buying her favourite farm shop produce from the Spa and putting it in brown paper bags and seeing how that goes?

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:33 - Jun 4 with 5350 viewsHARRY10

Perhaps you should ask yourself why she feels the need to behave that way.

Otherwise I have had my wicked way with a number of 'slightly less than attractive women' over the years

The trick I have found is never to tell them that fact
played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:41 - Jun 4 with 5322 viewsReuser_is_God

There is literally nothing worse than a food/drink snob.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:41 - Jun 4 with 5324 viewsstickymockwell

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:33 - Jun 4 by HARRY10

Perhaps you should ask yourself why she feels the need to behave that way.

Otherwise I have had my wicked way with a number of 'slightly less than attractive women' over the years

The trick I have found is never to tell them that fact

Don't get me wrong she's a fabulous girl. It's great she loves her family so much but sometimes it verges on the ridiculous. She is also snobbish about certain things but then again who isn't. It was just a bit of mischief in my own head.

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:45 - Jun 4 with 5301 viewsvapour_trail

on 12:37 - Jun 4 by _

That'll never last.

I'm guessing your current strategy is to use all of us as a pressure valve!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 21:04 - Jun 4 with 5255 viewstextbackup

Regularly do this, but put cheap tomato sauce in a Heinz bottle, or have turkey instead of chicken. Never ever notices.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 21:14 - Jun 4 with 5232 viewsvapour_trail

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 21:04 - Jun 4 by textbackup

Regularly do this, but put cheap tomato sauce in a Heinz bottle, or have turkey instead of chicken. Never ever notices.

Hang on, she can't spot a turkey posing as a chicken? I'd be tempted to see how far this can be pushed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

on 21:51 - Jun 4 with 5170 views_

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:45 - Jun 4 by vapour_trail

That'll never last.

I'm guessing your current strategy is to use all of us as a pressure valve!

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 22:22 - Jun 4 with 5114 viewsHARRY10

played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 20:41 - Jun 4 by Reuser_is_God

There is literally nothing worse than a food/drink snob.

I think last night's events might suggest otherwise
played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 08:57 - Jun 5 with 4935 viewssolemio

on 12:37 - Jun 4 by _

It doesn't have to I can promise you.
played a bit of a trick on my Wife last night on 18:43 - Jun 13 with 4717 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

Just had to bump this - it's brilliant and made me laugh and laugh!

Thank you for sharing 😄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024