Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Posh at it again.. 16:46 - May 11 with 3496 viewsstrikalite

Got this guy from Dover, decent record, good punt imo..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39882334
Posh at it again.. on 16:47 - May 11 with 2640 viewsSwailsey

Their chairman is very involved isn't it.

Comments about ME aside, is that normal?

He seems to say the things I would expect to hear from a manager.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Posh at it again.. on 16:47 - May 11 with 2638 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Someone bid for him before he had officially signed for them as well..
Posh at it again.. on 16:49 - May 11 with 2612 viewsstrikalite

Posh at it again.. on 16:47 - May 11 by Swailsey

Owner along with Barry Fry do the recruiting I believe...
on 16:50 - May 11 with 2608 views_

Posh at it again.. on 16:47 - May 11 by Swailsey

Posh at it again.. on 16:56 - May 11 with 2574 viewsSteve_M

on 16:50 - May 11 by _

I think there is some truth in that but he also does a pretty good job for the club.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Posh at it again.. on 17:00 - May 11 with 2536 viewshomer_123

Posh at it again.. on 16:56 - May 11 by Steve_M

I think there is some truth in that but he also does a pretty good job for the club.

He's actually looking to sell and get out of football.

By his own admission, it's too rich for him now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Posh at it again.. on 17:02 - May 11 with 2531 viewschristiand

He is far less of a punt than Moore. He has shown that he can score a bagful in the National Conference, which we all know is a very decent standard of football. This is the sort of guy we should've gone after, makes the Moore signing even more daft especially as he couldn't even get in their first team!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Posh at it again.. on 17:03 - May 11 with 2518 viewshomer_123

What about the chap down the road at Leiston - 30 goals this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Posh at it again.. on 17:05 - May 11 with 2506 viewschristiand

Posh at it again.. on 17:03 - May 11 by homer_123

What about the chap down the road at Leiston - 30 goals this season?

No disrespect Homer, but that is Ryman Premier that's a couple of leagues below the National Conference. I would put that signing on a par with Moore.

Posh at it again.. on 17:05 - May 11 with 2497 viewsPhilTWTD

Posh at it again.. on 16:49 - May 11 by strikalite

Owner along with Barry Fry do the recruiting I believe...

Think Barry Fry is very much the one behind their non-league recruitment record.
Posh at it again.. on 17:08 - May 11 with 2475 viewshomer_123

Posh at it again.. on 17:05 - May 11 by christiand

No disrespect Homer, but that is Ryman Premier that's a couple of leagues below the National Conference. I would put that signing on a par with Moore.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39576834

Posh at it again.. on 17:09 - May 11 with 2469 viewsstrikalite

Posh at it again.. on 17:02 - May 11 by christiand

He is far less of a punt than Moore. He has shown that he can score a bagful in the National Conference, which we all know is a very decent standard of football. This is the sort of guy we should've gone after, makes the Moore signing even more daft especially as he couldn't even get in their first team!

Must admit i was thinking that reading the link earlier, you can't really lose with a guy like this because even if he couldn't make the step up to our level, you can't take his record of goals away so therefore very sellable to say a League One side...wages certainly not a problem..
Posh at it again.. on 17:11 - May 11 with 2477 viewsPhilTWTD

Posh at it again.. on 17:02 - May 11 by christiand

Moore had played in the Championship before, which seems to have been forgotten, not quite someone plucked out of non-league in the same manner. More someone whose career had drifted to that level rather than someone who has progressed up the levels.

Was talking about Ricky Miller the other day with someone and was surprised quite how much of a non-league journeyman he has been, even given his age. More clubs than a Captain Caveman impersonator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Miller
Posh at it again.. on 17:13 - May 11 with 2451 viewschristiand

Posh at it again.. on 17:08 - May 11 by homer_123

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39576834

See your point, but the players that have been listed all play in standards of football higher than the lad from Leiston. That's not to say that he hasn't got those essential ingredients to be a professional footballer. Personally, think there is less risk taking a gamble on player in the National Conference especially if they are doing the business, most sides are professional and the clubs are better run than most league 2 sides. That's why the Moore signing was so bizarre!?

Posh at it again.. on 17:16 - May 11 with 2441 viewschristiand

Posh at it again.. on 17:11 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

Moore had played in the Championship before, which seems to have been forgotten, not quite someone plucked out of non-league in the same manner. More someone whose career had drifted to that level rather than someone who has progressed up the levels.

Was talking about Ricky Miller the other day with someone and was surprised quite how much of a non-league journeyman he has been, even given his age. More clubs than a Captain Caveman impersonator.

Not forgotten Phil, but he didn't really cut it there. He's found his way to Forest Green Rovers and can't even get in their first team that speaks volumes. I wouldn't mind if he had a bit of pedigree, he hasn't even got that with his record at Yeovil.

Posh at it again.. on 17:19 - May 11 with 2414 viewsstrikalite

MacAnthony talking about him winning the golden boot, no pressure there then!

Or you could read it as him just showing real confidence in him...
Posh at it again.. on 17:31 - May 11 with 2359 viewsPhilTWTD

Posh at it again.. on 17:16 - May 11 by christiand

Not forgotten Phil, but he didn't really cut it there. He's found his way to Forest Green Rovers and can't even get in their first team that speaks volumes. I wouldn't mind if he had a bit of pedigree, he hasn't even got that with his record at Yeovil.

He did OK at Yeovil, I believe. The story seems to be that he was advised poorly in going to Norway which rather set him back. He ended up coming back here and going on trial at various places before being taken on at Forest Green. Not sure quite what the situation was with him going out on loan to Torquay as he'd been starting regularly up to a few weeks beforehand and had just won an England C cap.
Posh at it again.. on 17:34 - May 11 with 2334 viewsMullet

Was ace in Italia '90 too for an old boy.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Posh at it again.. on 17:39 - May 11 with 2325 viewschristiand

Posh at it again.. on 17:31 - May 11 by PhilTWTD

He did OK at Yeovil, I believe. The story seems to be that he was advised poorly in going to Norway which rather set him back. He ended up coming back here and going on trial at various places before being taken on at Forest Green. Not sure quite what the situation was with him going out on loan to Torquay as he'd been starting regularly up to a few weeks beforehand and had just won an England C cap.

I do enjoy it when you get involved Phil, the voice of reason. I feel I have to be very persuasive to then get you to be convinced by my side of the argument. All valid points made, which I can't disagree with, but I would then question why no league club then took a punt on him when he went for trials on his return from Norway? I look at Moore, he's a monster - physically intimidating!! I'm sure managers were expecting something that he'd be good at holding the ball up, a colossus in the air or a clinical finisher....I've yet to see any evidence of that and I'm pretty sure that was their reaction too?! Over to you Phil......

Posh at it again.. on 17:42 - May 11 with 2302 viewsMullet

Posh at it again.. on 17:39 - May 11 by christiand

I do enjoy it when you get involved Phil, the voice of reason. I feel I have to be very persuasive to then get you to be convinced by my side of the argument. All valid points made, which I can't disagree with, but I would then question why no league club then took a punt on him when he went for trials on his return from Norway? I look at Moore, he's a monster - physically intimidating!! I'm sure managers were expecting something that he'd be good at holding the ball up, a colossus in the air or a clinical finisher....I've yet to see any evidence of that and I'm pretty sure that was their reaction too?! Over to you Phil......

Forest were pooing themselves and hauling him to the ground every chance they got in fairness last weekend. He also took a very nasty and blatant elbow. You'd hope we can work on that aspect and he'd make a decent sub here.

I actually think he looked good when we were so bad at Hudds, and since then dipped but hasn't really had enough of a sniff to get going. That sitter of a header last game, or had we been more organised at Rotherham might have seen him get a goal he needed too.

Big summer and pre-season for him and Rowe now. One looks far more likely to slot straight into the side, however Moore seems to carry a heavy label because of where he came from. His come into a side struggling and in disarray and seems to be picked on for struggling more than others who haven't been any better.

Posh at it again.. on 17:49 - May 11 with 2266 viewsjas0999

Why didn't we go for a player with this kind of record instead of the hapless Moore?
Posh at it again.. on 17:51 - May 11 with 2259 viewsPhilTWTD

Posh at it again.. on 17:39 - May 11 by christiand

He went to various league clubs, Exeter and Orient but evidently didn't do enough to convince them to take him on. Think he's done OK for us so far in not great circumstances, has made an impression when coming on a few times but without so far pulling up too many trees, although seems to have done well when in the U23s.

As you say, has a lot of physical attributes and appears to have more footballing ability than some other very tall strikers, such as Kevin Francis. Think he should be judged on next season. Certainly think there's more to him than the last striker of his height we had here, Balint Bajner, who I thought was one of the more surprising trialist signings we've ever had.
Posh at it again.. on 17:52 - May 11 with 2250 viewschristiand

Posh at it again.. on 17:42 - May 11 by Mullet

Forest were pooing themselves and hauling him to the ground every chance they got in fairness last weekend. He also took a very nasty and blatant elbow. You'd hope we can work on that aspect and he'd make a decent sub here.

I actually think he looked good when we were so bad at Hudds, and since then dipped but hasn't really had enough of a sniff to get going. That sitter of a header last game, or had we been more organised at Rotherham might have seen him get a goal he needed too.

Big summer and pre-season for him and Rowe now. One looks far more likely to slot straight into the side, however Moore seems to carry a heavy label because of where he came from. His come into a side struggling and in disarray and seems to be picked on for struggling more than others who haven't been any better.

Mullet, Homer makes a good point making reference to the article from the BBC website that in order for a non league player to make the the set up they must have certain essential ingredients in their character to do so. It sounds like I'm picking holes in the poor lad, I'm not as I'm desperate like everyone else on here for the club to being doing well. I just haven't seen enough in his play to indicate to me he has the credentials. I compare him with Rowe and I was impressed with Rowe against Forest. He was prepared to try things, have a go and attempt little tricks and flicks. Moore I have seen more of and have yet to say he can do this or that. To me apart from being a huge physical presence, what else can he do?

Posh at it again.. on 17:57 - May 11 with 2234 viewsMullet

Posh at it again.. on 17:52 - May 11 by christiand

Mullet, Homer makes a good point making reference to the article from the BBC website that in order for a non league player to make the the set up they must have certain essential ingredients in their character to do so. It sounds like I'm picking holes in the poor lad, I'm not as I'm desperate like everyone else on here for the club to being doing well. I just haven't seen enough in his play to indicate to me he has the credentials. I compare him with Rowe and I was impressed with Rowe against Forest. He was prepared to try things, have a go and attempt little tricks and flicks. Moore I have seen more of and have yet to say he can do this or that. To me apart from being a huge physical presence, what else can he do?

I'm inclined to agree.

However I will say he does have a touch that is disarmingly good at times. If he's next season's Nouble in terms of his role he's potentially got the physicality and more about him too.

My concern is that he's that fraction too slow, too naieve mentally and I dunno if that can be taught. Murphy had the kind of instinct that sells dozens of true crime books and spawns a BBC One mini-series. I fear we won't ever see Moore able to do anything but rough a few sides up when games are tight.

Posh at it again.. on 18:48 - May 11 with 2132 viewsSporall

Don't you mean more clubs than Ian Woosnam?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024