Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? 17:14 - Feb 5 with 872 viewsbluelagos

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/dramatic-helicopter-footage-shows-police-kn

Some strong views (on both sides) in the biking community. Wonder where the great and good of TWTD stand?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 17:45 - Feb 5 with 816 viewsJ2BLUE

Fantastic. I can only hope it hurt like hell as well. They had been 'driving dangerously' before the chase began. Why should they be allowed to give police the runaround before being arrested gently?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:36 - Feb 5 with 764 viewsbluelagos

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 17:45 - Feb 5 by J2BLUE

Fantastic. I can only hope it hurt like hell as well. They had been 'driving dangerously' before the chase began. Why should they be allowed to give police the runaround before being arrested gently?

No one gave a sh1te about the bike thief. The arguments were about public safety and whether it is sensible to do when it could cause an accident that could injure others....

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:51 - Feb 5 with 733 viewsWD19

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:36 - Feb 5 by bluelagos

No one gave a sh1te about the bike thief. The arguments were about public safety and whether it is sensible to do when it could cause an accident that could injure others....

Could they not just have used a stinger?

....By stinger I mean a bit of wire strung between two lampposts.
Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:52 - Feb 5 with 724 viewsbluelagos

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:51 - Feb 5 by WD19

Could they not just have used a stinger?

....By stinger I mean a bit of wire strung between two lampposts.

To catch the thief? Sounds a lot safer doesn't it. Wondering if someone could patent it and make a pretty penny :-)

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:53 - Feb 5 with 725 viewsStokieBlue

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:36 - Feb 5 by bluelagos

Surely better to do it in what seemed like a controlled way than let the idiots on the bike endanger public safety by driving dangerously wherever they chose?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:57 - Feb 5 with 706 viewsbluelagos

Appropriate and proportionate response to a bike thief? on 18:53 - Feb 5 by StokieBlue

Surely better to do it in what seemed like a controlled way than let the idiots on the bike endanger public safety by driving dangerously wherever they chose?

SB

My understanding is the police regularly take the decision not to persue bikers (and cars) where they feel the dangers to continuing are too high.

And I guess that's the judgement call - are the riders going to slow down if the police car backs off?

First time I've ever seen the manoeuvre on a motorbike (where they flip the back to cause a spin / crash) but that's not to say it's new or unauthorised.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024