Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal 12:57 - Feb 1 with 813 viewskizaitfc

I was gobsmacked, thought he had a solid game last night dealt with a few awful back passes and kept the score reasonable.

We have been very fortunate to keep him off some teams radars in Jan

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:01 - Feb 1 with 791 viewsGiveusaWave

Could have been 5 or 6-0 without Bart.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:07 - Feb 1 with 770 viewsfeelingblue

A surprisingly large number of fans have absolutely no idea what is going on out on the pitch.

Bart is a top Championship/decent Premiership keeper.
Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:16 - Feb 1 with 744 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Firstly, I thought that he made a number of good saves to keep the score down, but I do sort of understand the issue with the first goal, because he didn't actually dive full length to try and save it. In fairness he may not have saved it anyway, but we'll never know because he didn't put the dive in.

It isn't the first time this season I have felt this. The free kick that he conceded against Fulham on boxing day, he actually slid across the goal on his knees to try and get to the ball. There was no way he was going to save the shot like that. Again he may not have saved it anyway, but I was disappointed that at his effort to save it.

I think that he has looked dodgy ever since the Cardiff game (I only go to home matches, so cant comment on away games). He is absolutely rooted to his line on crosses and corners. It looks like he has lost his bottle a bit after dropping that cross.

Poll: Our final position

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:45 - Feb 1 with 699 viewsSwailsey

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:16 - Feb 1 by southnorfolkblue

Firstly, I thought that he made a number of good saves to keep the score down, but I do sort of understand the issue with the first goal, because he didn't actually dive full length to try and save it. In fairness he may not have saved it anyway, but we'll never know because he didn't put the dive in.

It isn't the first time this season I have felt this. The free kick that he conceded against Fulham on boxing day, he actually slid across the goal on his knees to try and get to the ball. There was no way he was going to save the shot like that. Again he may not have saved it anyway, but I was disappointed that at his effort to save it.

I think that he has looked dodgy ever since the Cardiff game (I only go to home matches, so cant comment on away games). He is absolutely rooted to his line on crosses and corners. It looks like he has lost his bottle a bit after dropping that cross.

Sorry, I disagree.

He's been a little shaky, but has saved us as many (if not more) points than Lawrence has won us.

If he was a perfect keeper he wouldn't be here - he'd have been sold to a top 5 Prem team, much to the outcry on here.

We're never going to have world-class players here, at this level.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:58 - Feb 1 with 668 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:45 - Feb 1 by Swailsey

Sorry, I disagree.

He's been a little shaky, but has saved us as many (if not more) points than Lawrence has won us.

If he was a perfect keeper he wouldn't be here - he'd have been sold to a top 5 Prem team, much to the outcry on here.

We're never going to have world-class players here, at this level.

Don't expect him to be world class. I don't disagree that he has made plenty of good saves, but he has gone backwards imo in controlling his 6 yard box, let alone the penalty area.

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:10 - Feb 1 with 653 viewsNo9

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:58 - Feb 1 by southnorfolkblue

Don't expect him to be world class. I don't disagree that he has made plenty of good saves, but he has gone backwards imo in controlling his 6 yard box, let alone the penalty area.

Who is the GK coach?
This is not the first time is it?
Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:29 - Feb 1 with 625 viewsoldbluestu

Well technically you could argue he was correct. Bart is there as the goal keeper to stop balls going into the net. Same as with Knudsen who is always blamed for any goal which comes from the left, fans complaint is Knudsen is left back so by default he should stop everything coming in from the left
Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:41 - Feb 1 with 601 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:29 - Feb 1 by oldbluestu

Well technically you could argue he was correct. Bart is there as the goal keeper to stop balls going into the net. Same as with Knudsen who is always blamed for any goal which comes from the left, fans complaint is Knudsen is left back so by default he should stop everything coming in from the left

My immediate reaction last night was why didn't he dive for it. He may not have got near it (I was at the other end of the ground), but if you don't put the dive in, it could beg the question.

I had the same feeling with the Martin free kick on Boxing day - I cant say that Bart should have saved it, but I thought that his attempt to save the freekick was pretty unconvincing. If he had put a full length dive in, there would be no argument on it in my mind.

Login to get fewer ads

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:49 - Feb 1 with 584 viewskizaitfc

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 13:16 - Feb 1 by southnorfolkblue

It looked to me like it took a deflection so he was initially diving in the correct spot but the deflection took it away from him.

There is no chance he would have saved the shot and to blame him for not making a dive to make himself look like he tried is ridiculous.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:50 - Feb 1 with 580 viewsNo9

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:41 - Feb 1 by southnorfolkblue

My immediate reaction last night was why didn't he dive for it. He may not have got near it (I was at the other end of the ground), but if you don't put the dive in, it could beg the question.

I had the same feeling with the Martin free kick on Boxing day - I cant say that Bart should have saved it, but I thought that his attempt to save the freekick was pretty unconvincing. If he had put a full length dive in, there would be no argument on it in my mind.

If you look closely you may see he was unsighted due to the static Town players in front of him.
Just as important is why was the Derby boy allowed to stand there unmarked?
Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 16:24 - Feb 1 with 494 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Someone behind me yesterday genuinely tried to blame Bart for the first goal on 14:50 - Feb 1 by No9

If you look closely you may see he was unsighted due to the static Town players in front of him.
Just as important is why was the Derby boy allowed to stand there unmarked?

Fair enough that wasn't obvious from the angle that I had. I haven't dared watch the "highlights" again on TV.

As you say, the defending leading up to the shot was diabolical.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024