Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please help - what would you do? 18:06 - Apr 19 with 1056 viewsChrisAllen7

Hi guys,

Me and my son booked flights for the Huddersfield game from Sweden. I have been to 7 game this season and he has been to 4. He missed Middlesbrough because he was sick and I didn't bother purchasing a ticket as I didn't think the first dibs would be 5 + games.

So I have 5+ he has 4

Would you either:

(A)
Book myself a ticket on Monday and then chance getting him one close to me on Tuesday sale?

(B)
I wait and book us both tickets together on Tuesday?

I'm so worried about missing out on Tuesday when I have chance of getting a ticket for myself on Monday.

Any advice?

Thank you

Please help - what would you do? on 18:11 - Apr 19 with 982 viewswitchdoctor

maybe get a ticket on Monday but try and get one which only has a single next to it or a less popular area ..even if it’s R V …to stand a better chance of obtaining one for him..
Please help - what would you do? on 19:13 - Apr 19 with 824 viewsChrisAllen7

Please help - what would you do? on 18:11 - Apr 19 by witchdoctor

maybe get a ticket on Monday but try and get one which only has a single next to it or a less popular area ..even if it’s R V …to stand a better chance of obtaining one for him..

Thank you, that sounds like a plan 👍
Please help - what would you do? on 19:27 - Apr 19 with 778 viewsVegtablue

My answer's dependent on the age of your son. If he needs to sit next to you, or if the website wouldn't allow you to purchase his ticket separately, then you're pretty locked into B). You don't want to be reliant on the ticket office Tuesday morning.

If the above doesn't apply, I would check the website at different times of day on the Monday, with a view to only buying earlier in the day if it looks like we're soon to sell out. Hopefully this won't be the case, and I'd then be able to make my decision Monday evening before bed. If we look to be below 500 or 1000 tickets, I'd be tempted to buy one in a more available area, preferably with one spare seat either side. If the ticket picked up on Tuesday is nearby, a reasonable person on their own would be fine to swap on the day. If there are lots left though, I'd wait and join the queue first thing Tuesday.
Please help - what would you do? on 19:43 - Apr 19 with 732 viewsChrisAllen7

Please help - what would you do? on 19:27 - Apr 19 by Vegtablue

My answer's dependent on the age of your son. If he needs to sit next to you, or if the website wouldn't allow you to purchase his ticket separately, then you're pretty locked into B). You don't want to be reliant on the ticket office Tuesday morning.

If the above doesn't apply, I would check the website at different times of day on the Monday, with a view to only buying earlier in the day if it looks like we're soon to sell out. Hopefully this won't be the case, and I'd then be able to make my decision Monday evening before bed. If we look to be below 500 or 1000 tickets, I'd be tempted to buy one in a more available area, preferably with one spare seat either side. If the ticket picked up on Tuesday is nearby, a reasonable person on their own would be fine to swap on the day. If there are lots left though, I'd wait and join the queue first thing Tuesday.

Thanks for your post. He's 9. So maybe a bit young to leave 3 blocks down 😂

I think I will see how the seats are selling. Maybe leave it late until Monday look where there are most seats and book there hoping to get one early in the morning. Thanks for your advice 👍
Please help - what would you do? on 19:54 - Apr 19 with 693 viewsStewart27

Firstly great effort to get in 7 games this season from Sweden!

Heck of a predicament.

I’d play it by ear on Monday. If they are shifting then commit. Then on Tuesday try and get your son in the same block. There will be people around you on their own who I’m sure wouldn’t mind swapping to enable your son to sit close to you.

Also If you do get two tickets apart in the same block then come on here afterwards and see if anybody will swap with you.
Please help - what would you do? on 20:01 - Apr 19 with 670 viewsVegtablue

Please help - what would you do? on 19:43 - Apr 19 by ChrisAllen7

Thanks for your post. He's 9. So maybe a bit young to leave 3 blocks down 😂

I think I will see how the seats are selling. Maybe leave it late until Monday look where there are most seats and book there hoping to get one early in the morning. Thanks for your advice 👍

Ha no worries. Do you know you can buy a ticket for him on the website, without also buying yours at the same time? I would want this confirmed before proceeding with plan A) in your situation.
Please help - what would you do? on 20:41 - Apr 19 with 572 viewsRonFearonsHair

Got to be worth phoning the ticket office surely? It only takes someone with admin rights to make your son’s account eligible one day early and, given this situation, I wouldn’t hesitate if it were up to me.
Please help - what would you do? on 20:48 - Apr 19 with 543 viewsDubtractor

Buy a long raincoat, then get your lad to sit on your shoulders and go in as one tall person. Solves the problem AND saves you money*.

*depending on cost of raincoat.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024