Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This feels quite different to how it felt before. 17:20 - Apr 7 with 1532 viewsNthQldITFC

After any defeat a few years ago, Sunday would be a right ba**ard. After a defeat to Narwich, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and most of Wednesday would be the same.

So what is it that, for me at least, made me feel so chilled out about this one as early as Sunday morning?

1. We are very close to a possible automatic promotion - it's in our hands.
2. The club is in SUCH a good place, on such a fantastic trajectory.
3. I'm older and wiser. (half of that is true, half probably isn't)
4. The sun is out.
5. We're 20 (twenty) points ahead of those chirpy little fellas - almost a different league.

We've got a very exciting five games ahead of us. COYB!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 18:38 - Apr 7 with 1350 viewsFtnfwest

Me too to a degree, probably what’s the difference in not beating them over 14 games instead of 13 anyway I guess.
Don’t want to harp on about where we were a couple of years ago anymore but looking at it from the other perspective (whilst admitting all this is our own fault of course) they’ve had at least a 20 year head start on us financially, have a better equipped academy, have a European and wider scouting set up, all of which will take us a few years to compete with. The striker cost the same or more than our current first team ffs.
Ultimately the 3 we’ve been competing with all season plus West Brom, Norwich, Middlesbrough etc are all still financially beyond us due to ffp limits at this point.
So I guess the fact (and credit to him) that Wagner had to play basically a negative game plan to stop us despite all those advantages ought at least to give us confidence for the future that once we realise some of those things ourselves we’ll step up again. Who knows where we’ll be by then as well!
This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 18:44 - Apr 7 with 1316 viewsbazza

Probably deep down we knew we might not get the result, and no shame in a 1-0 loss. Just glad it’s out of the way as well. Hopefully don’t play them again in a long while, and if we do, we have an established premier league squad. 🙏🏻 and hump them 5-0

Oh, And 1-5 .
This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 19:39 - Apr 7 with 1158 viewsNthQldITFC

This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 18:38 - Apr 7 by Ftnfwest

Me too to a degree, probably what’s the difference in not beating them over 14 games instead of 13 anyway I guess.
Don’t want to harp on about where we were a couple of years ago anymore but looking at it from the other perspective (whilst admitting all this is our own fault of course) they’ve had at least a 20 year head start on us financially, have a better equipped academy, have a European and wider scouting set up, all of which will take us a few years to compete with. The striker cost the same or more than our current first team ffs.
Ultimately the 3 we’ve been competing with all season plus West Brom, Norwich, Middlesbrough etc are all still financially beyond us due to ffp limits at this point.
So I guess the fact (and credit to him) that Wagner had to play basically a negative game plan to stop us despite all those advantages ought at least to give us confidence for the future that once we realise some of those things ourselves we’ll step up again. Who knows where we’ll be by then as well!

I'd assume that in terms of squad value, if we go up, we'll already be well ahead of them next season (given TV income), if we both stay down it will be pretty close as well after sales and their final rebalancing to a Championship budget and managing their debts.

Academy-wise, assuming the building at Playford Road is finished and commissioned by the start of next season, presumably we'll already have/know who is going to recruit to it and staff it and I have no doubt that those choices will be excellent.

Scouting wise, I'd presume we are or already have put in place the framework for this, and again can recruit well and quickly.

So get promoted and we're well and truly back where we always have been (apart from a forgettable short blip) as East Anglia's premier football club. Stay up first season, stick with the plan and solidify that.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 20:37 - Apr 7 with 1039 viewsFtnfwest

This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 19:39 - Apr 7 by NthQldITFC

I'd assume that in terms of squad value, if we go up, we'll already be well ahead of them next season (given TV income), if we both stay down it will be pretty close as well after sales and their final rebalancing to a Championship budget and managing their debts.

Academy-wise, assuming the building at Playford Road is finished and commissioned by the start of next season, presumably we'll already have/know who is going to recruit to it and staff it and I have no doubt that those choices will be excellent.

Scouting wise, I'd presume we are or already have put in place the framework for this, and again can recruit well and quickly.

So get promoted and we're well and truly back where we always have been (apart from a forgettable short blip) as East Anglia's premier football club. Stay up first season, stick with the plan and solidify that.

May we’ll be in that instance but was referring to the actual cost of assembling both current squads, which of course is for us a fraction of theirs.
This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 20:59 - Apr 7 with 981 viewsbadadski

The difference is it’s still just a single loss and only the 6th of the season and after which we are still 2nd. Take away who it was against which is an irritation but would still rather be us than them so we still had the last laugh.
This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 23:56 - Apr 7 with 810 viewsKropotkin123

Leeds losing took the edge off significantly.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

This feels quite different to how it felt before. on 08:42 - Apr 8 with 506 viewsArnieM

Agree with all of the above. The derby games are almost insignificant when viewed in the grand scale of things. We’ve come a long, long way in such a short time and our prospects are massive. By contrast the budgies have treated these two derby games like it was their cup final and the level of gloating by them more illustrates their standing and perspective of their small world than a bigger picture. It shows their whole world revolves around all things Ipswich Town- we are in essence the centre of their tin pot world, bless ‘em.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024