Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Comic Relief 20:09 - Mar 15 with 1033 viewsgtsb1966

Don't usually watch it, not because of the cause but I find it boring, but watched the first hour tonight as my grandsons school was on. What struck me though was the volume of people using food banks. What has this country become. It's broken big time.
Comic Relief on 20:25 - Mar 15 with 969 viewsSitfcB

#FûckTheTories

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Comic Relief on 20:38 - Mar 15 with 931 viewshomer_123

Comic Relief on 20:25 - Mar 15 by SitfcB

#FûckTheTories

Nah...people just need to 'try' harder.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Comic Relief on 20:51 - Mar 15 with 901 viewsgtsb1966

Comic Relief on 20:38 - Mar 15 by homer_123

Nah...people just need to 'try' harder.

In all seriousness there are a few who could fall in to that category along with the single mum who keeps producing kids.
Comic Relief on 20:54 - Mar 15 with 895 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our leaders have genuine concerns about this. I think we need to think seriously about their alternative explanations to simple poverty (I agree with you wholeheartedly btw, but am engaging sarcastic mode here).

Is it only a problem because:
a) people “cannot cook properly”?
b) people “fritter money on cigarettes, alcohol, expensive TV subscriptions and holidays“?
c) people “have something wrong with their finances”?
d) users believe it to be “a culture of entitlement rather than poverty”?
e) poor families were “more resourceful in the past”?
f) ‘older people were more respectful and their garden was their foodbank’?

That’s just from Lee Anderson whilst MP and then Chair of the Tory Party.

Or should we just tell food bank users to ‘“F*** off’”if they can afford TVs and phones’? (Andrew Cooper, Tory candidate to replace the disgraced Tory MP Chris Pincher who was suspended after sexual assault allegations).

Or is it only a problem because their users need to “budget better” (Simon Clarke, Tory MP).

Or isn’t it a problem at all and rather a success story because they’re “rather uplifting” and it “shows what a compassionate country we are”? (Jacob Rees-Mogg MP, senior Tory minister including former Leader of the HoC).

(In the interests of fairness and balance I also googled Labour and Lib Dem MPs alongside the term ‘food bank’. The only hits were a Labour MP saying we should use the income from the plastic bag charge to support food banks and a Lib Dem MP holding Anderson’s feet to the fire in the HoC).
[Post edited 15 Mar 20:58]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Comic Relief on 21:42 - Mar 15 with 822 viewsBigalhunter

Comic Relief on 20:51 - Mar 15 by gtsb1966

In all seriousness there are a few who could fall in to that category along with the single mum who keeps producing kids.

‘the single mum who keeps producing kids’
Elaborate on that staggering display on tory-esque ignorance if you’re not too busy sitting on the sofa judging and tutting like a Les Dawson old lady comedy parody.
[Post edited 15 Mar 21:43]
Comic Relief on 22:37 - Mar 15 with 726 viewsgtsb1966

Comic Relief on 21:42 - Mar 15 by Bigalhunter

‘the single mum who keeps producing kids’
Elaborate on that staggering display on tory-esque ignorance if you’re not too busy sitting on the sofa judging and tutting like a Les Dawson old lady comedy parody.
[Post edited 15 Mar 21:43]

Hi Footers...I did say a few,maybe I should've said very few, but someone near me fits that description. Numerous kids, different fathers and the state picks up the bill . Imagine being a Labour voter who thinks that some people are a strain on the welfare system. There are a few of us still thankfully. P.s..my comment was about those few, the mere fact that this country has thousands of people needing food banks is an absolute disgrace.
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:43]
Comic Relief on 00:08 - Mar 16 with 632 viewsBigalhunter

Comic Relief on 22:37 - Mar 15 by gtsb1966

Hi Footers...I did say a few,maybe I should've said very few, but someone near me fits that description. Numerous kids, different fathers and the state picks up the bill . Imagine being a Labour voter who thinks that some people are a strain on the welfare system. There are a few of us still thankfully. P.s..my comment was about those few, the mere fact that this country has thousands of people needing food banks is an absolute disgrace.
[Post edited 15 Mar 22:43]

Excellent, and there was me thinking you were just a prejudiced old relic when you’re actually living through the trauma of having one occupying property on your estate. Any other unsavoury elements causing you ‘very real concerns’ in your manor, soldier.

On a separate note, why did you call me footers?
[Post edited 16 Mar 0:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024