Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Imagine at the end of last season 13:01 - Mar 6 with 1419 viewsIllinoisblue

Someone telling you Walton would get injured in pre-season so we’d have Hladky in goal every game and that we’d lose Hirst to a season-ending injury at Xmas. And we’d be championship highest scorers and sitting second in mid-March. Madness.

And this is not a dig at Hladky at all, just recognizing the fact Walton was our undisputed number 1 keeper during a promotion season.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Imagine at the end of last season on 13:05 - Mar 6 with 1356 viewshype313

Imagine saying to fans away at Bristol Rovers last Feb, that this time next year, we'll be second in the league with 10 games to go on 78 points.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Imagine at the end of last season on 13:17 - Mar 6 with 1282 viewsIllinoisblue

Imagine at the end of last season on 13:05 - Mar 6 by hype313

Imagine saying to fans away at Bristol Rovers last Feb, that this time next year, we'll be second in the league with 10 games to go on 78 points.

I suspect a lot of posts on here last Jan/feb would make for interesting reading!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Imagine at the end of last season on 15:09 - Mar 6 with 1106 viewsLeithblue

Imagine at the end of last season on 13:05 - Mar 6 by hype313

and which league!
Imagine at the end of last season on 18:35 - Mar 6 with 939 viewswaveneyblue

Imagine at the end of last season on 13:17 - Mar 6 by Illinoisblue

I suspect a lot of posts on here last Jan/feb would make for interesting reading!

I do believe there was a glorious selection of McKennas out, around the Bristol Rovers draw....
Imagine at the end of last season on 18:58 - Mar 6 with 858 viewsSharkey

I think Walton was questioned a bit, January/ Feb last year.
Imagine at the end of last season on 19:00 - Mar 6 with 846 viewsITFC_Forever

It’s incredible, unbelievable.

I know they’re phrases that get chucked around a lot, but what we’ve done in the last couple of years is incredible and unbelievable, especially when you consider the last 20 or so years.

When Gamechanger took over, I saw an interview with Mike O’Leary that evening that said ITFC should be in the Prem, or at least right at the top of the Champ, battling to get out - and he was 1000% right. And it made me realised how we had slowly allowed our club and expectations to managed downwards through the last 20 years.

And now here we are, doing exactly what MO’L said, but while league positions can be measured, it’s the unmeasurables that are even better.
The way we play, the character and likability of the squad and club personnel, the feel good factor and connection with the fans, the way that kids in the town are interested again - and were relevant again, not just locally, but nationally as well.

We don’t have to hide away, we can be proud of who we are once more.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Imagine at the end of last season on 19:10 - Mar 6 with 797 views_clive_baker_

Imagine at the end of last season on 18:35 - Mar 6 by waveneyblue

I do believe there was a glorious selection of McKennas out, around the Bristol Rovers draw....

Very few and far between I would say. Let’s not forget there was even 1 chump on his case from his 1st press conference.

That said I don’t think there’s been a time since he joined where for every 1 numpty there hasn’t been 100 sane voices supporting him. We’re very lucky to have McKenna here, I would say there’s a decent chance he’ll win more in the next 20 years than ITFC does.
Imagine at the end of last season on 19:46 - Mar 6 with 672 viewsChorleyBoy

Imagine at the end of last season on 13:17 - Mar 6 by Illinoisblue

There are indeed, just go nearly 700 pages back.

I looked at the posts from this day (March 6th) last year and was interested to read this one:

How many points for automatic promotion? by SmithersJones 6 Mar 2023 13:04
Even if Plymouth slip up in their next couple of games I can't see where they're going to drop more than a few after that. I know we need to concentrate on getting points ourselves and all that, but we could be needing not far off 100 to go up. That seems ridiculous.

"I know we need to concentrate on getting points ourselves and all that, but we could be needing not far off 100 to go up. That seems ridiculous."

366 days later and we're in exactly the same position. We've done it once, so ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024