Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Hive Mind topic: Allergy tests 10:08 - Feb 24 with 476 viewsNthQldITFC

Does anyone have experience of allergy testing? Home kits, GPs, Pharmacies, Postal etc?

I haven't done much reading yet, but TWTD is such a marvellous home of diverse knowledge that I always make it one of my first ports of call.

I'm thinking foodstuffs primarily.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

TWTD Hive Mind topic: Allergy tests on 10:19 - Feb 24 with 437 viewsKeno

Not food stuffs but I allergic to these hairy b'stards

and his godawful vile repulsive stuff

I seemed to have got on top of occasional hay fever but eating local honey in the Autumn

Hope that helps

love Keno xx
[Post edited 24 Feb 10:19]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TWTD Hive Mind topic: Allergy tests on 10:28 - Feb 24 with 396 viewsRyorry

Haven’t used any kits or had formal medical testing, but am familiar and experienced in using dietary exclusion testing if that’s any help. Feel free to PM.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

TWTD Hive Mind topic: Allergy tests on 10:49 - Feb 24 with 362 viewsKingsCrossBlue

I have weird problems with histamine intolerance. I sorted it all out with Boots, was about £130 which I thought a bit rich at the time, especially when they basically sellotape different food stuff to your arm to see what happens. However, they followed up with blood and saliva tests and the results were bang on. Some things, I already knew - like an intolerance to milk; but other stuff was a game changer and now it’s easy to avoid certain foods.

Not sure if Boots still offer it nowadays, but I’d thoroughly recommend paying for the service. My sister tried a home kit and it was pretty useless. It’s not so much the testing, but the recommendations and consultancy that you are paying for.
TWTD Hive Mind topic: Allergy tests on 11:49 - Feb 24 with 313 viewsLord_Lucan

No, but I have a mildy amusing story

When I was about 16 I had some kind of allergy and my GP was a bit useless so Mother suggested I go down an alternate route.

At the time Mother was into all the psychic medium nonsense and she went to readings with some nut job called Dusk Rainer (or something like that)

Anyhoo, Mother advised me that her husband was an allergy testing guru so I went round their crazy house on London Rd and Mr Rainer proceeded to put various liquidised and concentrated substances on my skin and test my muscle reaction.

I mentioned that I thought I might be allergic to fish as I worked at the time with fish and I also did a lot of fishing.

He advised that he didn't have any fish testing concentrate ready so he proceeded to put a jar of Shiphams crab paste on my belly.
[Post edited 24 Feb 11:58]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024