Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone 14:43 - Jan 27 with 592 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's a bit wrong yes. But if you're gonna lose an fa cup game then just solely for keeping the magic of the fa cup alive I'm glad it's a freak result and a club like Maidstone make it into the 5th round.

You won't see many games like that. I see alot of anger about individual performances but you can't go to hard on a side who had over what 30 odd shots at goal. 80 odd possession.

Just a freak game. Probably the most freakish game I've ever watched.

But well done Maidstone and enjoy the next big day out against a prem side.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 542 viewsmarchy

"you can't go to hard on a side who had over what 30 odd shots at goal. 80 odd possession."

Well, I mean, you can, because we had 30 odd shots at goal, 80% odd possession, and scored one goal against a semi-professional football team.
I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone on 14:47 - Jan 27 with 539 viewsJammyDodgerrr

As I said in another thread, sometimes football gonna football. It's a cup competition and this is what it's all about.

Sucks for us, of course.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone on 14:59 - Jan 27 with 486 viewsSitfcB

I can’t like them now I’m afraid, like Lincoln

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone on 15:08 - Jan 27 with 442 viewsStewart27

We had all of our chances in the first 15 minutes. That period where we tried to actually play a bit of football.

After then it wasn’t that freak-ish. We huffed and puffed and clipped 987 floated balls into the box, got something on it and made the keeper look like Allison with an easy caught save prior to going down with cramp.

The fact we created nothing of real note in the second half after we scored I can take a bit of comfort from.
I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone on 15:10 - Jan 27 with 429 viewsdirtyboy

I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone on 14:47 - Jan 27 by marchy

"you can't go to hard on a side who had over what 30 odd shots at goal. 80 odd possession."

Well, I mean, you can, because we had 30 odd shots at goal, 80% odd possession, and scored one goal against a semi-professional football team.

And yet....over and over, history repeats itself, Shrews beating Everton, Bradford beating Chelsea and our dear friends Norwich, premier league at the time, losing to conference Luton at the time.

All games where the favourite dominated and never 'deserved' to lose, but did.

Anyone who says we deserved to lose today do so on emotions alone.

Am I annoyed, a little, don't like losing, am I happy for Maidstone, yeah...kind of, would rather a team like that go through than a team in our own league. We moan about money in football and it's nice to see it go down the pyramid for once.

They were organised and rode their luck somewhat.

Don't think we'd have conceded with Wooly and Hladky on the pitch btw.
I know losing hurts. But I'm made up for maidstone on 15:11 - Jan 27 with 418 viewsKeno

Frimmers Football Genius

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024