Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we learnt last night 10:10 - Jan 23 with 1325 viewsnodge_blue

1. Well that was fun wasn't it? You just have to enjoy these evenings after all those years of dross. No matter what comes in the remainder of the season. We are still on an upward and improving curve right now.

2. Travis = Decent. Morsy = better.

3. Great performance from Hladkey. Don Goodman made a decent point that he gambled for one of the saves in the way he did for Jack Clarkes strike. This time it paid off.

4. Hutchinson looked a real handful. He has had a touch of stick. For me that's unfair. Only question has been final pass but in congested penalty areas that's not always easy. But in full flow he is exciting to watch. See point 1.

5. First half we couldn't touch them. Really weird turn around. I think Leicester gassed it. That intense press wasn't sustained anywhere near. Then their manager left his subs too late and we had the game by the scruff of the neck. The fact we did that against Leicester should give us confidence v anyone.

6. Taylor looked much more assured when he came on. Actively got on the ball.
[Post edited 23 Jan 10:19]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

What we learnt last night on 10:21 - Jan 23 with 1224 viewsGuthrum

On point 4, I thought he looked back to his best after a couple of slightly "off it" (by his standards) games.

On 5, I think virtually all teams struggle to keep up the required intensity of press for the entire game (it's hard work) and most lack the high-energy subs to continue it after an hour or so, when we're bringing on fast and tricky players like Hutchinson, Sarmiento, Broadhead and Taylor.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What we learnt last night on 10:25 - Jan 23 with 1184 viewsnodge_blue

What we learnt last night on 10:21 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

On point 4, I thought he looked back to his best after a couple of slightly "off it" (by his standards) games.

On 5, I think virtually all teams struggle to keep up the required intensity of press for the entire game (it's hard work) and most lack the high-energy subs to continue it after an hour or so, when we're bringing on fast and tricky players like Hutchinson, Sarmiento, Broadhead and Taylor.

Kieron pretty much said the game plan was get to 70 minutes and bring on the cavalry. You know that he knew how it would go. We could even have won that. Which would have been harsh on Leicester.

We possibly sat too deep in midfield first half. They seemed to have a lot of space to play the pass into.

What we learnt last night on 11:09 - Jan 23 with 998 viewswischip

I learnt that I might have a lucky bright orange jumper, that I put on yesterday afternoon without any conscious forethought about our game in the evening and our away strip. This jumper might be my new lucky away match garment, the first since I threw out my lucky Wembley 2000 pants in about 2010.
What we learnt last night on 11:30 - Jan 23 with 903 viewsnodge_blue

What we learnt last night on 11:09 - Jan 23 by wischip

I learnt that I might have a lucky bright orange jumper, that I put on yesterday afternoon without any conscious forethought about our game in the evening and our away strip. This jumper might be my new lucky away match garment, the first since I threw out my lucky Wembley 2000 pants in about 2010.

Yeah Ive been wearing my Bonne white away shirt too much in that belief as well. I suspect it's not really true.

What we learnt last night on 12:28 - Jan 23 with 754 viewsLion

What we learnt last night on 11:09 - Jan 23 by wischip

Poll: Is Blue Badger ( booooooooooooooo ) a cyber bully?

What we learnt last night on 12:55 - Jan 23 with 661 viewsHelp

What we learnt last night on 11:30 - Jan 23 by nodge_blue

Yeah Ive been wearing my Bonne white away shirt too much in that belief as well. I suspect it's not really true.

I think our lucky (insert item) defo or lucky ritual has more to do with winning and not losing than the manager and players on the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024