Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough 13:52 - Jan 10 with 6831 viewsArnieM

And now we need strikers too, so our defensive brittleness will become all too evident .

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/24040076.ipswich-town-defensive-reinforcements-need

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 13:55 - Jan 10 with 3987 viewsCoastalblue

I'm not sure Don Goodman is the best choice to back up your argument, particularlt not when you were banging on about this preseason and six months later we sit second in the table.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 13:56 - Jan 10 with 3972 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Jackson was prolific in League 1? He's so poorly researched it's ridiculous and comes across every week on Sky.

The way we play means it's pretty difficult not to leak goals, and there's no way we're going to significantly improve the calibre of defenders we have in this window.
As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:01 - Jan 10 with 3920 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 13:56 - Jan 10 by PrideOfTheEast

Jackson was prolific in League 1? He's so poorly researched it's ridiculous and comes across every week on Sky.

The way we play means it's pretty difficult not to leak goals, and there's no way we're going to significantly improve the calibre of defenders we have in this window.

That's hilarious, Jackson had one alright season in League One (2019) in partnership with Norwood where he scored what 9/10? He's barely notched up 5 goals a season since.
As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:04 - Jan 10 with 3896 viewsBlueBadger

Cookie isn't coming back Arn, he's not coming back.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:07 - Jan 10 with 3838 viewsFrimleyBlue

Arnie, that's one of the worst pieces of evidence to back up an opinion since mine about 5 minutes ago.

Jackson prolific, he scored about 18 goals across 4 years lol.

At the moment though I think the defensive brittleness won't become evident until we actually find a new striker and other players get their mojo back, we've kinda fallen into a lambert era spell of controlling and passing the ball well without hurting teams...... but defensively we're sound, considering we've got injured fullbacks, and one of our star players this season has gone on international duty.

I think what may help us moving forwards though is the transfer of travis. Many of the goals we've conceded has been a collective in slow defensive work by the likes of Morsy at the back.. not his fault directly, he's everywhere and ageing. But imo adding Travis to that defensive role and maybe letting Morsy be more flexible up the pitch, it may add a bit to both attacking and defensive performances.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:07 - Jan 10 with 3854 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

You've been proven wrong time and again on this, why do you keep embarrassing yourself?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

As I’ve always suggested on here ArnieM doesn't know enough about football on 14:26 - Jan 10 with 3710 viewsBiGDonnie

And within every post, it's all too evident.
[Post edited 10 Jan 14:51]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:28 - Jan 10 with 3714 viewshomer_123

I suggest you are a tad obsessed with this Arnie. We've chatted before about it.

The way KM has us playing is very much focused on creating high quality scoring opportunities but it is never at the expenses of defending. Whereas under Royle, as we know, there was little to no focus on the defensive part of the game.

Under KM it's very different (EDIT: It's clear that out of possession and in the transition from in to out - we work hard to recover the ball quickly, if we don't players revert to their defensive positions. Also, we very much defend from the front, hence why replacing Hirst is not simply a case or getting a 'goal scorer' in.). Yet Davis, for example, clearly has licence to join attack after attack. Clarke and Williams often over and under lap Burns for example. This approach ensures that we very very rarely see a game that doesn't contain excellent goal scoring chances.

We've talked in the past about the defence and you wanting to 'shore it up'. However, you have constantly seemed blinkered to the fact that by doing so always comes with a cost, that cost will be reducing our creativity in front of goal.

I've argued, I believe I'm correct here, that KM has the balance pretty much spot on. Away from home we are a little more reserved, a little tighter but still effective going forward. At home, we are more expansive, as it should be.

As expected, we've had a run of tough games with some of the results not going our way. But if we take this season or even KMs tenure to this point - there is zero evidence to suggest he needs to change our approach.
[Post edited 10 Jan 14:32]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:36 - Jan 10 with 3646 viewsSteve_M

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 13:55 - Jan 10 by Coastalblue

I'm not sure Don Goodman is the best choice to back up your argument, particularlt not when you were banging on about this preseason and six months later we sit second in the table.

Has Don Goodman ever said anything positive about us?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:41 - Jan 10 with 3633 viewsBarcaBlue

Over the Xmas period Woolfenden was arguably our most consistent performer ably assisted by Tuanzebe, Burgess and Edmundson. Any defensive fraility is complete nonsense and only exists in your obsessions. Last season each time we conceded (AGAIN) it was like no other team in the league ever had goals against. You were absolutely wrong then as you are now. AGAIN.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:50 - Jan 10 with 3546 viewsbraveblue

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:57 - Jan 10 with 3499 viewsKeno

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 14:36 - Jan 10 by Steve_M

Has Don Goodman ever said anything positive about us?

there is a very clear and precise reply to that on twitter

Dan Goodman W anker

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

As I’ve always suggested on here ArnieM doesn't know enough about football on 15:16 - Jan 10 with 3419 viewsBlueBadger

As I’ve always suggested on here ArnieM doesn't know enough about football on 14:26 - Jan 10 by BiGDonnie

And within every post, it's all too evident.
[Post edited 10 Jan 14:51]

OP is so wrong, even Frimmers has spotted that they're wrong.
[Post edited 10 Jan 15:48]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 15:26 - Jan 10 with 3356 viewsIllinoisblue

Are you related to unstableblue?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

As I’ve always suggested on here ArnieM doesn't know enough about football on 15:28 - Jan 10 with 3350 viewsBiGDonnie

As I’ve always suggested on here ArnieM doesn't know enough about football on 15:16 - Jan 10 by BlueBadger

OP is so wrong, even Frimmers has spotted that they're wrong.
[Post edited 10 Jan 15:48]

Would love an argument between the two of em on here.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

As I’ve always suggested on here ArnieM doesn't know enough about football on 15:34 - Jan 10 with 3319 viewsBlueBadger

As I’ve always suggested on here ArnieM doesn't know enough about football on 15:28 - Jan 10 by BiGDonnie

Would love an argument between the two of em on here.

Up there with a politics argument between Chico and Harry10.

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 17:39 - Jan 10 with 3038 viewsGarv

And yet we've conceded 1 goal in our last three, that being against Leicester.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 17:47 - Jan 10 with 3001 viewsMK1

Defensively we are absolutely fine. Midfield is absolutely fine. Two new attackers and we are sorted. Don't worry yourself about it.
As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:15 - Jan 10 with 2944 viewsArnieM

Anything I post on here is ridiculed so I thought what the hell. I’ve given up now tbh . Happy days guys ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:17 - Jan 10 with 2932 viewsBlueBadger

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:15 - Jan 10 by ArnieM

Anything I post on here is ridiculed so I thought what the hell. I’ve given up now tbh . Happy days guys ….

Mate, even Frimmers has spotted that you're wrong. That's how wrong(and ridiculous) it is.

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:21 - Jan 10 with 2901 viewsHerbivore

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:15 - Jan 10 by ArnieM

Well you've repeatedly suggested that Woolfenden can't defend. That's an opinion that deserves nothing other than ridicule. If we don't go up we're going to struggle to keep hold of him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:21 - Jan 10 with 2887 viewsFrimleyBlue

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:17 - Jan 10 by BlueBadger

Mate, even Frimmers has spotted that you're wrong. That's how wrong(and ridiculous) it is.

Tbf it's more the link and the content. I'm still loving the Jackson prolific bit. I mean really.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 2875 viewshomer_123

As I say, this is a topic you have posted ad infinitum over Arnie.

I've said to you before, there are ways you can position this as a topic for discussion and ways not to. Example:

Could we be a bit more defensively sound?

as opposed to

Our defence isn't strong enough!

Can you see the difference. The first would allows you to share your views and concerns and allow discussion around them - it's likely to generate a discussion (yes, some would say no, some would say possibly, some might say yes.

But you posted the later, a statement - not only that it was along with a link to an article, that of itself, has little worth or insight. So it's little wonder you are called out over it.

In short, the defence, over the course of KMs tenure has proved itself to be strong enough. We got promoted and lie 2nd on the league. Could it be better, I doubt many would argue against it being stronger and better but that doesn't mean it isn't strong enough. Two different things...you see my point?
[Post edited 10 Jan 18:36]

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:29 - Jan 10 with 2864 viewshomer_123

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:21 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Well you've repeatedly suggested that Woolfenden can't defend. That's an opinion that deserves nothing other than ridicule. If we don't go up we're going to struggle to keep hold of him.

I can't remember which ex player/ manager said of Woolfy but....in L1 he was a L1 defender. In the Championship, he'll be a Champ defender and in the Prem he'll be a Prem defender....or words to that effect.

As I’ve always suggested on here our defence isn’t strong enough on 18:31 - Jan 10 with 2854 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We have conceded 1 goal in our last 3 league matches and 0 since Hirst last played.

With Hirst, we conceded 7 goals in his last 3 matches.

If you are saying our defensive record will get worse from the 1 in 3, I am sure you are right. If you are saying it will be because we are missing Hirst, I make you wrong. If you are saying we haven't got enough defenders already, I make you wrong. If you are saying the defenders we have who got us to second in the table aren't good enough, I make you wrong too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024