Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch 22:20 - Dec 29 with 1706 viewswiltshireblue

Whilst everyone will be whinging about the poor performance I would like to take the opportunity to whinge about something else - the pitch

I was only watching on town TV and I know there's been a hell of a lot of rain but it seemed to be cutting up pretty bad, especially towards West Stand / SBR.

Caveat - I know f**k all about gardening, grass, all these fancy systems we paid lots for, just genuine surprise rightly or wrongly.

On a positive note although I think he only had a couple of touches I have a bit of optimism about Buabo, seems strong and able to hold the ball up nicely.

The rest of the stand ins I'm afraid dispel this strength in depth idea, maybe switching one or two out but I think it showed today what we need. Roll on January
Pitch on 22:27 - Dec 29 with 1595 viewsRyorry

Natural ground everywhere is a quagmire with all the rain. You's hope our new pitch would cope with it, but if there's an inch in a couple of hours (? I don't live in E. Anglia) I think any pitch would struggle.

Was it Buabo's first league minutes for us? If so, particular kudos to him, looked very calm & assured as well as obviously talented, going by those few minutes.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Pitch on 22:38 - Dec 29 with 1474 viewswiltshireblue

Pitch on 22:27 - Dec 29 by Ryorry

Natural ground everywhere is a quagmire with all the rain. You's hope our new pitch would cope with it, but if there's an inch in a couple of hours (? I don't live in E. Anglia) I think any pitch would struggle.

Was it Buabo's first league minutes for us? If so, particular kudos to him, looked very calm & assured as well as obviously talented, going by those few minutes.

Yep, totally agree, fair points.

I suppose I just naively thought given the extensive renovation, all the drainage systems, the fact its hybrid etc that it would be best placed of all to handle it and to not look how it did.

But like I say I have no facts or knowledge to base it on

Buabo wise I believe his only previous minutes for us were two cup games, Arsenal U21s and against Bracknell
Pitch on 23:56 - Dec 29 with 1249 viewsRyorry

Pitch on 22:38 - Dec 29 by wiltshireblue

Yep, totally agree, fair points.

I suppose I just naively thought given the extensive renovation, all the drainage systems, the fact its hybrid etc that it would be best placed of all to handle it and to not look how it did.

But like I say I have no facts or knowledge to base it on

Buabo wise I believe his only previous minutes for us were two cup games, Arsenal U21s and against Bracknell

Cheers for the info.

Didn't realise Buabo was returning from injury - hope he might be fit enough for a longer spell v. Stoke, given our current injury/illness situation.

Pitch on 23:59 - Dec 29 with 1207 viewsSitfcB

Ashton said it will take a year or so to get up to its full potential…has a 10 year life span.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Pitch on 00:03 - Dec 30 with 1169 viewsRyorry

Pitch on 23:59 - Dec 29 by SitfcB

Ashton said it will take a year or so to get up to its full potential…has a 10 year life span.

Interesting, thanks.

Bit shocked it only has a 10-year life for that kind of money though! How long had the previous one been in situ, do you happen to know?

Pitch on 00:25 - Dec 30 with 1090 viewsstonojnr

Id suggest going back and looking at how the pitch looked a few seasons back if you think the current one isnt looking that good, not even going back to the days when we had to colour the sand green to hide it, or the days when it was pretty much just mud through winter.

it looks perfectly fine, the ball still plays well, rolls predictably, doesnt bobble, any poor performance is down to the players, not the pitch.
Pitch on 00:41 - Dec 30 with 1032 viewsExiled2Surrey

Pitch on 00:25 - Dec 30 by stonojnr

Id suggest going back and looking at how the pitch looked a few seasons back if you think the current one isnt looking that good, not even going back to the days when we had to colour the sand green to hide it, or the days when it was pretty much just mud through winter.

it looks perfectly fine, the ball still plays well, rolls predictably, doesnt bobble, any poor performance is down to the players, not the pitch.

Totally agree - don’t think we could have employed the play out from the back style anywhere near as effectively on last season’s pitch
Pitch on 11:15 - Dec 30 with 781 viewsSitfcB

Pitch on 00:03 - Dec 30 by Ryorry

Interesting, thanks.

Bit shocked it only has a 10-year life for that kind of money though! How long had the previous one been in situ, do you happen to know?

Not sure how much that actual pitch is to replace but it obviously won’t be as much as it was for the works during the summer as it was a complete rebuild. Assume when it’s replaced it’s just the top layer of threading and new seed.

Think the only pitch was replaced every other year, sometimes every year!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch on 11:22 - Dec 30 with 726 viewsunstableblue

Pitch on 00:03 - Dec 30 by Ryorry

Interesting, thanks.

As sitters states, the vast cost will mainly relate to the complex drainage, irrigation and heating platform the sand pitch now sits on, and the associated plant (tanks, pumps, utilities) that sit between the cobbold and churchman’s.

Also the pitch perimeter ground works.

So in ten years it’s more taking off the surface, stitched fibres, relaying and reseeding.

Won’t be cheap, but significantly lower cost.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Pitch on 11:26 - Dec 30 with 697 viewsEireannach_gorm

Pitch on 22:27 - Dec 29 by Ryorry

Astonished that the sprinklers were used at half time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024