Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My thoughts (for what they are worth) 15:08 - Dec 23 with 658 viewstractorboy1978

Would be easy to be despondent after that but ultimately it is one game and it was more important for them to win than it was for us given our 10 point lead going into it. We earned the right to be in that position by doing so well to beat Watford and Boro earlier in the month.

4-0 is a bit of a pasting but we know this team has heart and character in abundance so I don't see it really knocking us. Albeit you'd rather be going into a nice home game now rather than Leicester!

It'll be interesting to see if McKenna has learned at all from today when we go to Leicester in January. I know it was a pretty bad day at the office generally but it's extremely hard to go and impose our normal game on a team like Leeds when they've got so much attacking quality to exploit the gaps. We played into their hands really and allowed it to be open in the first half. If we'd gone and sat in/been more compact we wouldn't have lost in that manner. That's not our style though and I guess you have to admire McKenna's bravery.

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:10 - Dec 23 with 632 viewsHerbivore

The early goal somewhat forced a dynamic where we had to be brave and take risks and they could keep compact and look to hit us on the break. Think McKenna's analysis was pretty spot on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:13 - Dec 23 with 585 viewspointofblue

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:10 - Dec 23 by Herbivore

The early goal somewhat forced a dynamic where we had to be brave and take risks and they could keep compact and look to hit us on the break. Think McKenna's analysis was pretty spot on.

Arguably we were too open too soon. 1-0 at Elland Road early in the first half; we didn't need to be gung ho straight away.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:17 - Dec 23 with 565 viewstractorboy1978

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:10 - Dec 23 by Herbivore

I'm not sure we played any differently before/after the goal. We were brave from the outset and we played our normal game with Davis pushed well up the pitch. The first goal comes from them hitting us on the counter attack and winning the corner (albeit was possibly a foul on Chaplin). Summerville was a big problem. Felt sorry for Clarke as he was left exposed really. That's the way we play and the RB has to do a lot of one v one defending if we get countered - he was up against a decent PL level player.
My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:19 - Dec 23 with 551 viewsHerbivore

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:13 - Dec 23 by pointofblue

Arguably we were too open too soon. 1-0 at Elland Road early in the first half; we didn't need to be gung ho straight away.

I wouldn't say we were gung ho though, the second we had the ball in a good area, lost it (they'd have got a free kick out of it at the other end) but we ended up with plenty enough players defending our box to not concede. Leif just didn't get himself properly set and let the ball hit him when he should have been in a position to clear it.

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:22 - Dec 23 with 525 viewsHerbivore

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:17 - Dec 23 by tractorboy1978

I'm not sure we played any differently before/after the goal. We were brave from the outset and we played our normal game with Davis pushed well up the pitch. The first goal comes from them hitting us on the counter attack and winning the corner (albeit was possibly a foul on Chaplin). Summerville was a big problem. Felt sorry for Clarke as he was left exposed really. That's the way we play and the RB has to do a lot of one v one defending if we get countered - he was up against a decent PL level player.

It's not possibly a foul, it's as clear a foul as you're likely to see. He shoved him with two hands. In a way, that passage was telling as they started off pushing up on us aggressively which would have given us opportunities if we could do what Chaplin did and get around the aggressive press. After the goal they didn't need to be quite so aggressive and they were happy to keep their shape, which made it harder for us to find spaces to exploit as we would usually do.

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:48 - Dec 23 with 444 viewspointofblue

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:17 - Dec 23 by tractorboy1978

Has to be said, Burns was absolutely non-existent in support of Clarke today. Can't recall any time when he was back defending alongside him, albeit the second half in particular was a bit of a blur.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

My thoughts (for what they are worth) on 15:53 - Dec 23 with 404 viewsDubtractor

I actually think we played much better in the first half, just got sucker punched on the counter 3 times. We did ask some questions - Chaplin's shot against the post, Broadhead shot wide, a few crosses from Burns - even if we were far from our best.

Even though we kept the score down, I thought we were pretty hopeless in the second half! Didn't lay a glove on them, and could easily have conceded more, with some pretty hapless defending.

It's just one game though, and we know we'll bounce back, even if that may not be in the next game this time!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024