Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Big Mick was still in charge 15:17 - Dec 23 with 855 viewsGlasgowBlue

We'd follow that demoralising result up byt parking the bus and grinding out a draw.

Can't see McKenna doing likewise but we really can't afford to get spanked against Leicester, who are just as dangerous as Leeds on the counter attack.

I would try and beef our defence up at the expense of Broadhead and play three against Leicester on Boxing Day.

Still very attacking with wing backs and Chaplin in behind Hirst.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:21 - Dec 23 with 818 viewsblueislander

Probably demonstrates why you aren’t Town’s manager. It would be absurd to radically change a system which has been honed over a season and a half with huge success for a really important game.
If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:22 - Dec 23 with 804 viewspointofblue

The issue with that is the space Leeds had out wide today. If Leicester follow the same approach, then playing wing backs will just make it worse - especially if there will be expectation of Clarke and Burgess to cover those positions, as they struggle with that.

We'll also be very light up top, with only Chaplin and Hirst as the outright attacking players.

Woolfenden will be back for Tuanzebe; perhaps Williams for Clarke (although there are rumours going around about his relationship with McKenna). Otherwise, I don't expect any other changes.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:32 - Dec 23 with 747 viewsfranz_tyson

I'm sure the club like getting 29000 through the door pretty much every home game. Not sure MM tactics are going to keep that up.
If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:44 - Dec 23 with 722 viewsGlasgowBlue

If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:21 - Dec 23 by blueislander

Probably demonstrates why you aren’t Town’s manager. It would be absurd to radically change a system which has been honed over a season and a half with huge success for a really important game.

It's not a radical change. It's a system that McKenna played for his first twenty+ games.

He used to change team and formation quite a lot depending on the opposition.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:51 - Dec 23 with 686 viewsTrequartista

He would be saying how grateful we should be to be 12th with the 18th biggest budget.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:55 - Dec 23 with 659 viewsblueislander

If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:44 - Dec 23 by GlasgowBlue

It's not a radical change. It's a system that McKenna played for his first twenty+ games.

He used to change team and formation quite a lot depending on the opposition.

I don’t think the formation/system has been changed much this season. Even when the subs are used that doesn’t change.
If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:58 - Dec 23 with 645 viewspointofblue

If Big Mick was still in charge on 15:55 - Dec 23 by blueislander

I don’t think the formation/system has been changed much this season. Even when the subs are used that doesn’t change.

No, and it seems churlish to criticise that considering we're second and seven points clear of a high budget Leeds and (seemingly soon to be) Southampton. But I think, at this level, we need a Plan B, especially away to the top sides.

If Big Mick was still in charge on 16:27 - Dec 23 with 578 viewsStewart27

I get that he is the manager we refer to the most because he was here for far too long.

But can we stop referring to this horrendous part of our history please. I wouldn’t mind him half as much if he didn’t get so much air time.
Login to get fewer ads

If Big Mick was still in charge on 16:31 - Dec 23 with 549 viewspointofblue

If Big Mick was still in charge on 16:27 - Dec 23 by Stewart27

I get that he is the manager we refer to the most because he was here for far too long.

But can we stop referring to this horrendous part of our history please. I wouldn’t mind him half as much if he didn’t get so much air time.

It's only a horrendous part of our history because of the disgraceful actions of some of the fans. In truth, we did reasonably well for the most part under him. Would have been interesting to see how he would have managed the club with Gamechanger like investment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024