Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. 16:43 - Oct 19 with 1552 viewsericclacton

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 17:15 - Oct 19 with 1508 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 17:17 - Oct 19 with 1506 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 17:30 - Oct 19 with 1497 viewsEireannach_gorm

Another Taste of Rory.

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 17:39 - Oct 19 with 1478 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 18:06 - Oct 19 with 1442 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 19:29 - Oct 19 with 1411 viewsericclacton

Izabella.

[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 19:36]
Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 19:41 - Oct 19 with 1389 viewsBugs

Pretty sure the second guitar solo in this was voted one of the best of all time (not that means anything).

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:03 - Oct 19 with 1374 viewsericclacton

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 17:17 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

What a talent Rory was, that solo was straight out of Claptons head.......truly amazing.

Login to get fewer ads

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:09 - Oct 19 with 1355 viewsfactual_blue

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:03 - Oct 19 by ericclacton

What a talent Rory was, that solo was straight out of Claptons head.......truly amazing.

I remember seeing him in about 1971 at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London, just after Taste had split up.

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:12 - Oct 19 with 1346 viewsfactual_blue

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 17:30 - Oct 19 by Eireannach_gorm

Another Taste of Rory.

He's playing a Telecaster though.

#epicfail.

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:18 - Oct 19 with 1343 viewsericclacton

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:09 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

I remember seeing him in about 1971 at the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London, just after Taste had split up.

I never saw him live which is a big kick in the balls for me............some really good guitarists have slipped off my radar over all the years now behind me, still you can't have everything pity though, i think i might have been preoccupied with other stuff going on.....you know the story.

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:21 - Oct 19 with 1331 viewsericclacton

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:12 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

He's playing a Telecaster though.

#epicfail.

yeah i was going to mention it, but thought it was splitting hairy hares.
Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:29 - Oct 19 with 1298 viewsblueasfook

There are a few iconic players of the strat but nobody came close to this guy. RIP Jeff Beck :(

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:13 - Oct 19 with 1274 viewsericclacton

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:29 - Oct 19 by blueasfook

There are a few iconic players of the strat but nobody came close to this guy. RIP Jeff Beck :(

Oh yes saw him at the roundhouse chalk farm, he was brilliant, i was right up front near the PA and when they started playing me and my mate Nimmy Clark fell backwards with hundreds of others, later on during the performance nimmy was in the medical room nothing to do with falling over........ i think he had too many flying saucers.

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:15 - Oct 19 with 1266 viewsWeWereZombies

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 20:09 - Oct 19 by factual_blue

I saw him that same year at Weeley, and I have just found the set list

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rory-gallagher/1971/festival-arena-weeley-england

And then twice the next year at Bardney Great Western Festival near Lincoln (he played twice because Helen Reddy was not able to make it, must have pleased Helen Reddy fans...)

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 1261 viewsblueasfook

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:13 - Oct 19 by ericclacton

Oh yes saw him at the roundhouse chalk farm, he was brilliant, i was right up front near the PA and when they started playing me and my mate Nimmy Clark fell backwards with hundreds of others, later on during the performance nimmy was in the medical room nothing to do with falling over........ i think he had too many flying saucers.

Sweet. You're lucky to have got to see him. I had tickets to see him at the Albert Hall in May 2020. But of course, the gig got cancelled because of Covid. Now I'll never get the chance. Don't mind admitting I cried when I heard he'd passed away. Genuinely one of my heroes

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:27 - Oct 19 with 1248 viewsericclacton

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:17 - Oct 19 by blueasfook

Sweet. You're lucky to have got to see him. I had tickets to see him at the Albert Hall in May 2020. But of course, the gig got cancelled because of Covid. Now I'll never get the chance. Don't mind admitting I cried when I heard he'd passed away. Genuinely one of my heroes

That was the band he had at the time i saw him.... good album after a few plays.

ooops a Les Paul

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:42 - Oct 19 with 1219 viewsblueasfook

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:27 - Oct 19 by ericclacton

That was the band he had at the time i saw him.... good album after a few plays.

ooops a Les Paul

He was just class wasn't he. His whole career he was just amazing. Another player I have a lot of time for is Guthrie Govan. He can play just about any style from hard rock to jazz fusion.

Here is a clip of him in the studio, recording with Steven Wilson.

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 23:49 - Oct 19 with 1175 viewsfactual_blue

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 21:15 - Oct 19 by WeWereZombies

I saw him that same year at Weeley, and I have just found the set list

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rory-gallagher/1971/festival-arena-weeley-england

And then twice the next year at Bardney Great Western Festival near Lincoln (he played twice because Helen Reddy was not able to make it, must have pleased Helen Reddy fans...)

Sadly no set list recorded for the time I saw him

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rory-gallagher/1971/queen-elizabeth-hall-london-e

I'm surprised my parents let me go: 31 May would have been days before my O Levels began.

Would you like to listen to another bloke playing a Strat. on 00:46 - Oct 20 with 1160 viewsBugs

Telecaster rather than a Strat. I have been told by more than a few talented axe men that the Tele is the true king of Fenders.

There is something about beat up looking old guitars getting absolutely played that is extremely cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024