Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roger Waters. 07:58 - Oct 14 with 6274 viewsericclacton

Roger Waters. on 08:20 - Oct 14 with 3379 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is antisemitic to his rotten core.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Roger Waters. on 09:43 - Oct 14 with 3269 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Roger Waters. on 08:20 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

It's hard to draw that conclusion after listening to the above. I'm sure you will refer to his back catalogue though to which I am not party.
On a more positive note though a good excuse for this...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Roger Waters. on 09:52 - Oct 14 with 3229 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roger Waters. on 09:43 - Oct 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

It's hard to draw that conclusion after listening to the above. I'm sure you will refer to his back catalogue though to which I am not party.
On a more positive note though a good excuse for this...

Nothing to do with what was posted above. He has a long record of antisemitism. Nick Griffin has also condemned the attacks on Gaza. That doesn’t make him less of a racist.

There are plenty of decent people speaking up for the Palestinian people. Not sure why we need to hear from a racist on the subject.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 9:56]

Iron Lion Zion

Roger Waters. on 10:42 - Oct 14 with 3166 viewsblueasfook

Roger Waters. on 08:20 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

I saw this video earlier. I thought "Oh here we go, Roger is piling in" but actually what he says is quite sane for him!

Though I can't see his proposal of a single state solution ever working. Far too much bad blood on both sides

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Roger Waters. on 11:10 - Oct 14 with 3092 viewsDarth_Koont

Roger Waters. on 10:42 - Oct 14 by blueasfook

I saw this video earlier. I thought "Oh here we go, Roger is piling in" but actually what he says is quite sane for him!

Though I can't see his proposal of a single state solution ever working. Far too much bad blood on both sides

It’s actually the only option left. The two-state solution is gone and we’ve stood by and watched it happen.

And I think Israeli and Palestine citizens are ultimately in the same situation. Separating them puts civilians on opposing sides and extremes, and ensures it’s the loopy ethno-religious leaders who call the shots.

Pronouns: He/Him

Roger Waters. on 11:11 - Oct 14 with 3101 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roger Waters. on 10:42 - Oct 14 by blueasfook

A single state solution surrounded by hostile nations would see the Jews driven into the sea.

Look what happened the day Israel gained nationhood. Attacked from all sides.

And whether his view in this particular issue sounds sane or not, I don’t want to hear from a China apologist, Putin supporting anti semite.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 11:12]

Iron Lion Zion

Roger Waters. on 11:21 - Oct 14 with 3048 viewsblueasfook

Roger Waters. on 11:11 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

A single state solution surrounded by hostile nations would see the Jews driven into the sea.

And whether his view in this particular issue sounds sane or not, I don’t want to hear from a China apologist, Putin supporting anti semite.

Every word demonstrably true.

I read he told audience members to f### off the other night when they got up and walked out of his show as it was crap. The dark side redux thing he's done sounds terrible. It's basically DSOTM with all Gilmours great guitar work removed. I won't be falling over myself to give it a listen.

On a positive note, I have a feeling that DG is back in the studio and recording a new album. Hopefully a tour from him next year maybe

Roger Waters. on 11:29 - Oct 14 with 3009 viewsDarth_Koont

Roger Waters. on 11:21 - Oct 14 by blueasfook

Every word demonstrably true.

I read he told audience members to f### off the other night when they got up and walked out of his show as it was crap. The dark side redux thing he's done sounds terrible. It's basically DSOTM with all Gilmours great guitar work removed. I won't be falling over myself to give it a listen.

On a positive note, I have a feeling that DG is back in the studio and recording a new album. Hopefully a tour from him next year maybe

Wouldn’t surrounding countries be less opposed to a true democratic, multi-ethnic and multi-faith than a state which, certainly from the Palestinian/Arab perspective, is built and increasingly run on the occupation and oppression of another race?

The current unbalanced and unhealthy situation has been perfect for extremism to flourish.

Login to get fewer ads

Roger Waters. on 11:32 - Oct 14 with 2984 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roger Waters. on 11:29 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

Wouldn’t surrounding countries be less opposed to a true democratic, multi-ethnic and multi-faith than a state which, certainly from the Palestinian/Arab perspective, is built and increasingly run on the occupation and oppression of another race?

The current unbalanced and unhealthy situation has been perfect for extremism to flourish.

Yeah. Iran and Syria are heavily invested in democratic, multi faith states.

Iron Lion Zion

Roger Waters. on 11:34 - Oct 14 with 2969 viewsblueasfook

Agree from a security perspective but personally I just can't see all sides ever getting around a table and agreeing to it. Too much mistrust, hatred, etc

Roger Waters. on 11:37 - Oct 14 with 2958 viewsDJR

Roger Waters. on 11:11 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

Yes, that seems to me a complete non-starter.

Given all they have suffered over centuries, the Jewish people deserve their own homeland.

So do the Palestinian people, and it is just a shame that this clause of the 1947 UN Resolution was never given effect to because it was rejected by Arab states and overtaken by events.

"Independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem, ... shall come into existence in Palestine two months after the evacuation of the armed forces of the mandatory Power has been completed but in any case not later than 1 October 1948."
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 11:40]
Roger Waters. on 11:41 - Oct 14 with 2932 viewsDarth_Koont

Roger Waters. on 11:32 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah. Iran and Syria are heavily invested in democratic, multi faith states.

Compared to the current ideologically suspect Jewish-only version that shows little to no care or concern for their people, culture and beliefs?

When you address the causes and underlying injustices, extremism and extreme enmity have nowhere to take root and flourish.

Roger Waters. on 11:45 - Oct 14 with 2915 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roger Waters. on 11:34 - Oct 14 by blueasfook

Agree from a security perspective but personally I just can't see all sides ever getting around a table and agreeing to it. Too much mistrust, hatred, etc

Not with Netanyahu being kept in power by ultra religious terrorist supporting fanatics. But it’s come very close in the past.

Camp David failed because of Arafat’s ego and as I was reminded the other day by Clapham_Junction, Olmert offered the Palestinians pretty much everything they could hope to get in 2008, even half of Jerusalem but Abbas got snotty about it because it didn't include a full right of return.

Take Bibi and Hamas out of the equation whilst weakening Iran’s influence and there may still be a chance.

Iron Lion Zion

Roger Waters. on 11:50 - Oct 14 with 2883 viewsDarth_Koont

Roger Waters. on 11:37 - Oct 14 by DJR

Given all they have suffered over centuries, the Jewish people deserve their own homeland.

So do the Palestinian people, and it is just a shame that this clause of the 1947 UN Resolution was never given effect to because it was rejected by Arab states and overtaken by events.

"Independent Arab and Jewish States and the Special International Regime for the City of Jerusalem, ... shall come into existence in Palestine two months after the evacuation of the armed forces of the mandatory Power has been completed but in any case not later than 1 October 1948."

“Given all they have suffered over centuries, the Jewish people deserve their own homeland”

I think that’s been the accepted narrative at least here in the West. But there’s no logic to how that will work when it necessarily involves the exclusion of others, and indeed the oppression of others.

We have to move from talking about people’s homeland to talking about a more universal and essential right for people to have a home. That’s true for both Palestinian and Israeli civilians who are entitled to that right because this is where both now live.

Roger Waters. on 11:50 - Oct 14 with 2878 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roger Waters. on 11:41 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

Compared to the current ideologically suspect Jewish-only version that shows little to no care or concern for their people, culture and beliefs?

When you address the causes and underlying injustices, extremism and extreme enmity have nowhere to take root and flourish.

I agree with the sentiment and Netanyahu is a roadmap to what you are describing, but it’s worth remembering that there are still Palestinian Muslim Arabs in the Israeli Parliament , army, police service and Judiciary.

Sadly, I don’t see the recent Hamas atrocities conning the Israeli people to elect another Peres or Olmert.

Iron Lion Zion

Roger Waters. on 11:51 - Oct 14 with 2884 viewsGuthrum

What then would governments of surrounding countries have as a cause celebre to distract their citizens from domestic rights abuses and economic failures?

The Arab nations and Iran have made use of the Palestinian people for their own ends since 1948, all the time ignoring, marginalising or even attacking them when inconvenient or troublesome. Not to mention grabbing and occupying what was left of their territory after starting and losing a war which destroyed the UN-mandated settlement establishing a sovreign Palestinian state.

I sympathise with Israel (not its present government) and the Palestinian people, but not at all with the way their neighbours have behaved.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Roger Waters. on 11:51 - Oct 14 with 2880 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Roger Waters is another one who needs to get in the bin.

At least the Tories were smart enough to ask for money for offering weak as p1ss excuses for Putin.
Roger Waters. on 11:53 - Oct 14 with 2868 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roger Waters. on 11:37 - Oct 14 by DJR

The Palestinians were sold out by their religious leaders who demanded they go into exile rather than enter into a two state agreement, and by their Arab neighbours who attacked Israel from all sides. Especially Jordan who annexed the West Bank.

Iron Lion Zion

Roger Waters. on 11:55 - Oct 14 with 2838 viewsBigCommon

Kremlin simp'....... Utter tosser...
Roger Waters. on 11:57 - Oct 14 with 2820 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roger Waters. on 11:51 - Oct 14 by Guthrum

What then would governments of surrounding countries have as a cause celebre to distract their citizens from domestic rights abuses and economic failures?

The Arab nations and Iran have made use of the Palestinian people for their own ends since 1948, all the time ignoring, marginalising or even attacking them when inconvenient or troublesome. Not to mention grabbing and occupying what was left of their territory after starting and losing a war which destroyed the UN-mandated settlement establishing a sovreign Palestinian state.

I sympathise with Israel (not its present government) and the Palestinian people, but not at all with the way their neighbours have behaved.

Summed up very well as usual Guthers.

Iron Lion Zion

Roger Waters. on 12:08 - Oct 14 with 2799 viewsDarth_Koont

Roger Waters. on 11:51 - Oct 14 by Guthrum

But isn’t that the point? It’s only the fact that opposition to Israel and its lived reality for the Palestinians is an entirely legitimate and understandable view among their people that it can be exploited in this way.

We can also learn from our own experience of this in Northern Ireland, not to mention any number of previously intractable conflicts between peoples. When you start looking at it from humanitarian and objective viewpoints rather than ideological or otherwise entrenched positions the reality for the people suffering in the middle takes over. As well as solutions that focus on their real needs and interests rather than the more abstract geo-political or faith-based “needs” and interests.

Roger Waters. on 12:22 - Oct 14 with 2764 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Roger Waters. on 11:45 - Oct 14 by GlasgowBlue

Not with Netanyahu being kept in power by ultra religious terrorist supporting fanatics. But it’s come very close in the past.

Camp David failed because of Arafat’s ego and as I was reminded the other day by Clapham_Junction, Olmert offered the Palestinians pretty much everything they could hope to get in 2008, even half of Jerusalem but Abbas got snotty about it because it didn't include a full right of return.

Take Bibi and Hamas out of the equation whilst weakening Iran’s influence and there may still be a chance.

I'm not sure using Bibi, his pet and army nickname, is appropriate. Makes him sound quite cuddly.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Roger Waters. on 12:25 - Oct 14 with 2745 viewsGuthrum

Roger Waters. on 12:08 - Oct 14 by Darth_Koont

But isn’t that the point? It’s only the fact that opposition to Israel and its lived reality for the Palestinians is an entirely legitimate and understandable view among their people that it can be exploited in this way.

We can also learn from our own experience of this in Northern Ireland, not to mention any number of previously intractable conflicts between peoples. When you start looking at it from humanitarian and objective viewpoints rather than ideological or otherwise entrenched positions the reality for the people suffering in the middle takes over. As well as solutions that focus on their real needs and interests rather than the more abstract geo-political or faith-based “needs” and interests.

They have a vested interest in stirring it up. That's why Hamas and Gaza is the flashpoint, rather than the Fatah and the West Bank, despite the fact it's the latter area where settler incursions are a serious problem. Hamas being a client of Tehran and their main point of contact for direct action (Hezbollah being far to cautious and not wanting to upset the applecart in Lebanon).

Northern Ireland, South Africa - great examples of situations where the poison has been drawn from a long-running sore by a hmanitarian and compromising approach. But both needed outstanding leaders, both within the warring communities and supporting them among the powers aligned on ether side. I can't currently see anyone who fulfills that role, whether in Israel/Palestine or outside.

While there are leaders prepared to pander to the most hateful elements and eschewing all compromise, in order to stay in power, backed by people outside who magnify the distress of one community or other to their own ends, if nobody is prepared to take a step back, putting away the decades of aggravation, then the situation will continue it's miserable festering.

Neither a one- or two-state solution will be the answer while the above remains true.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Roger Waters. on 12:26 - Oct 14 with 2743 viewsblueasfook

Roger Waters. on 11:51 - Oct 14 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Roger Waters is another one who needs to get in the bin.

At least the Tories were smart enough to ask for money for offering weak as p1ss excuses for Putin.

I think you're getting tories confused with Jeremy Corbyn there

Roger Waters. on 12:30 - Oct 14 with 2720 viewsDarth_Koont

Roger Waters. on 12:26 - Oct 14 by blueasfook

I think you're getting tories confused with Jeremy Corbyn there

Reminder: Making up your own misinformation is even worse than uncritically receiving and spreading it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024