Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fecking scammers man 15:37 - Oct 12 with 2712 views_clive_baker_

Just had a call from a withheld number claiming to be O2 (my network provider). Quite clearly a scam as they don't call from withheld numbers for a start, but the guy was saying they're giving me a 30% discount for 12 months (LOL) and that they'll send me a 6 digit code via text that I need to give them to activate it.

They're basically online and hit the request a reset code for my password, so it obviously does promptly send a 6 digit code through from O2 while this guy is on the phone to me. Asks me to read it out to him.

Scary that some people will no doubt fall for this sort of stuff.

Fecking scammers man on 16:11 - Oct 12 with 2546 viewsBlueBadger

Had one phone up the other day claiming to be from Three Mobile.

Properly got the arse when I pointed out my incoming call screen was not only giving me a different 'company name' but a totally different location to where they were claiming to be calling from.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fecking scammers man on 16:53 - Oct 12 with 2401 viewsLord_Lucan

Mother got scammed a few months back via text from someone claiming to be me.

Shameful.

โ€œHello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.โ€ Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fecking scammers man on 16:56 - Oct 12 with 2387 views_clive_baker_

Fecking scammers man on 16:11 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

Had one phone up the other day claiming to be from Three Mobile.

Properly got the arse when I pointed out my incoming call screen was not only giving me a different 'company name' but a totally different location to where they were claiming to be calling from.

I thought if they're going to waste my time I'll waste a bit of theirs. Strung them along for a bit, read out some random 6 digit numbers. When he could tell I was being an idiot I said 'listen you c***, stop wasting my time and stop defrauding innocent people you sh1thouse'. He hung up.

P1sses me off.
Fecking scammers man on 17:09 - Oct 12 with 2341 viewsBlueBadger

Fecking scammers man on 16:53 - Oct 12 by Lord_Lucan

Mother got scammed a few months back via text from someone claiming to be me.

Shameful.

How was your holiday in the Caribbean?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Fecking scammers man on 17:20 - Oct 12 with 2296 viewsPlums

Fecking scammers man on 16:56 - Oct 12 by _clive_baker_

I thought if they're going to waste my time I'll waste a bit of theirs. Strung them along for a bit, read out some random 6 digit numbers. When he could tell I was being an idiot I said 'listen you c***, stop wasting my time and stop defrauding innocent people you sh1thouse'. He hung up.

P1sses me off.

I kept one going for 10 minutes the other day. In the end, he told me to go fck myself four times and hung up. Job done.
I always keep them talking as it stops them ringing vulnerable people

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Fecking scammers man on 17:24 - Oct 12 with 2271 viewsPippin1970

My favourite are the ones who are hrmc or Internet provider. I play a game just going toilet. See how long before they hang up 25 mins is record so far
Fecking scammers man on 17:30 - Oct 12 with 2250 viewsbluelagos

Few years ago there was a poster on here called Sydney.R.Burbridge (Say it out loud) which got me thinking.

Inspired, I set up a fake email in the name of Thurman Lanebridge (Third mainland bridge is a famous bridge in Lagos) and played a few scammers.

Even got one to go to the airport with a sign with my name on it once.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fecking scammers man on 17:52 - Oct 12 with 2189 viewsnorfsufblue

Fecking scammers man on 17:20 - Oct 12 by Plums

I kept one going for 10 minutes the other day. In the end, he told me to go fck myself four times and hung up. Job done.
I always keep them talking as it stops them ringing vulnerable people

When accident claim scams were rife I once got called in my car with wife and daughter listening on hands free audio...
Ant when I was asked about "my recent accident " I replied ..which one? Then reeled off a series of purely fictional incidents I had been involved in!

After a couple of minutes I got a go forth and multiple reply and was hung up on..
Very rude I thought
๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Login to get fewer ads

Fecking scammers man on 18:03 - Oct 12 with 2134 viewsKeno

a few years back some database had me and my aged dad muddled up and I kept getting calls offering me a bath lift

After a lot of these and reaching breaking point with them a lady phoned me late one Friday afternoon. I suggested a agree a deal in that if she came and shared a bath with me if needed a lift to help me I would but one but I could get in and out without any assistance they wouldnt call me again.

She put the phone down and I never heard from them again
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 18:03]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Fecking scammers man on 18:27 - Oct 12 with 2039 viewsRob88

They target the old, senile and vulnerable.
Fecking scammers man on 18:30 - Oct 12 with 2016 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fecking scammers man on 18:27 - Oct 12 by Rob88

They target the old, senile and vulnerable.

They got all three in this case then!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fecking scammers man on 18:44 - Oct 12 with 1976 viewsFixed_It

Fecking scammers man on 17:52 - Oct 12 by norfsufblue

When accident claim scams were rife I once got called in my car with wife and daughter listening on hands free audio...
Ant when I was asked about "my recent accident " I replied ..which one? Then reeled off a series of purely fictional incidents I had been involved in!

After a couple of minutes I got a go forth and multiple reply and was hung up on..
Very rude I thought
๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I had a bit of an emotional breakdown when receiving one such call. Told them tearfully that it was awful, blood everywhere and I've been having nightmares ever since. I was in full flow when they hung up...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Fecking scammers man on 08:43 - Oct 13 with 1577 viewstextbackup

Fecking scammers man on 17:52 - Oct 12 by norfsufblue

Very rude I thought
๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I got a call about โ€˜an accident that wasnโ€™t my faultโ€™

I said to the bloke on the phone โ€˜are you taking the piss mate, not my fault? I was 6 times over the limit and face 6 years in prison due to the crash killing a blokeโ€™

He went very quiet ๐Ÿ˜‚

Weโ€™ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fecking scammers man on 13:13 - Oct 13 with 1434 viewsDinDjarin

I am usually quite savvy with this kind of stuff but I actually got caught on this one.

Twigged during the call what was happening and found myself locked out of my O2 account as they had obviously changed my password.

Quickly locked my debit card down and phoned O2 who changed the password for me and cancelled the ยฃ900 phone that was in process of being ordered on my account!!!!

They only have to catch you off guard once the scumbags.
Fecking scammers man on 14:46 - Oct 13 with 1325 viewsRyorry

Fecking scammers man on 13:13 - Oct 13 by DinDjarin

I am usually quite savvy with this kind of stuff but I actually got caught on this one.

Twigged during the call what was happening and found myself locked out of my O2 account as they had obviously changed my password.

Quickly locked my debit card down and phoned O2 who changed the password for me and cancelled the ยฃ900 phone that was in process of being ordered on my account!!!!

They only have to catch you off guard once the scumbags.

Likewise with an online Covid jab invite scam (in 2020 iirc). Had legitimately been told to expect an appointment imminently, as had many other people, so absolutely shameless opportunism by the scammers.

Email looked 100% genuine, NHS logo etc. etc. It was only when I got to the 'enter your card details' around page 6 that I twigged. Had to phone banks etc & not only change pws but other security check details, as every time you went on to the next page your details were harvested.

They're all scum.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? รฐลธยคโ€

Fecking scammers man on 14:52 - Oct 13 with 1304 viewsblueasfook

They are the scum of the earth, and getting increasingly sophisticated so even people who are reasonably tech savvy can be fooled.

Even multi-factor authentication can be exploited by them as in your case here.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024