Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! 00:18 - Sep 15 with 2751 viewsunstableblue

He wasn’t holding back in expressing his disappointment at not being in the staring 11

Don’t think he expected to come here and be on the bench.

He’s looked good in the latter cup games and in cameos, but he looked off the pace in pre-season, and will have to really make a strong impact if he’s going to displace Massimo.

Having said that what brilliant back up and competition.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 07:58 - Sep 15 with 2426 viewsPioneerBlue

I’m sure he is. I’m sure more minutes will be coming. These are the things that test the coaching leadership and the players in keeping the squad cool when game time is limited. In the last 18 months we seem to have managed this quite spectacularly with very little in season fallout but that comes with a progressing team. I’m sure with the way the coaching is now, training intensity and player improvements there is something in there for everyone and a game at the weekend is end of process stuff. It’s great that we are in a position where a new player can be given a number of weeks to settle, build up and contribute from a position of strength.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 08:07 - Sep 15 with 2407 viewsDinDjarin

Once in the 11 will be hard to shift as is an outstanding player on the up.

Looked quality when he came on v Cardiff.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2023 9:13]
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 08:27 - Sep 15 with 2316 viewsBiGDonnie

You reckon he'd get in the Leeds team though?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 08:35 - Sep 15 with 2293 viewsunstableblue

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 08:07 - Sep 15 by DinDjarin

It was interesting to hear Taylor saying McKenna has asked him to operate in the Mass left sided advanced ‘pocket’, align to the McKenna system, but to bring his own attributes, which includes driving forward into the box and ‘get on the end of things’

I think Luongo is very assured and reads the game very well, and can make things happen when playing more advanced and wider.

Again great options to have.

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 09:16 - Sep 15 with 2147 viewsPique

He's a fine player, and while I can understand his frustration, I doubt he needs to worry - he'll get plenty of minutes this season. Luongo by his own admission is unlikely to play 46 games, and Morsy will probably miss games through suspension and possibly AFCON.

Taylor is clearly ahead of Ball, Evans and Humphreys when any of those things happen.
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 09:25 - Sep 15 with 2109 views_clive_baker_

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 08:07 - Sep 15 by DinDjarin

Yeah, only a matter of time until he's the preferred partner to Morsy IMO.
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 11:26 - Sep 15 with 1946 viewsbilllm

Been saying thisa while,
Outstanding footballer,
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 11:36 - Sep 15 with 1922 viewsBloomBlue

I would be disappointed if he wasn't itching to start. When he gets a run in the team I'll also be disappointed if Luongo isn't itching to get back into the team.

That's what you need in a squad but in the championship you can run the danger of unrest with some players not getting a start in the team. Which is why I like the balance in the squad at the moment with the likes of Baggott & Humphreys, youngsters who are hopefully happy just to be part of the squad and learning in training. Come Jan we can bring in a couple of additions to help us cement our position at the top of the league and allow them to go out on loan for the 2nd half of the season win, win all around.
Login to get fewer ads

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 14:01 - Sep 15 with 1735 viewsunstableblue

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 11:36 - Sep 15 by BloomBlue

I would be disappointed if he wasn't itching to start. When he gets a run in the team I'll also be disappointed if Luongo isn't itching to get back into the team.

That's what you need in a squad but in the championship you can run the danger of unrest with some players not getting a start in the team. Which is why I like the balance in the squad at the moment with the likes of Baggott & Humphreys, youngsters who are hopefully happy just to be part of the squad and learning in training. Come Jan we can bring in a couple of additions to help us cement our position at the top of the league and allow them to go out on loan for the 2nd half of the season win, win all around.

It was interesting in a recent interview that McKenna stated that he expected both
Humphreys and Baggot to get some league minutes this season.

Think Humphreys is closer to a start that some may think.

These are top quality young players.

I think both could do a job in the first team.

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 14:38 - Sep 15 with 1672 viewswrightsrightglove

We’re now coming into a very busy part of the season and I can’t see Mass starting Saturday and Tuesday every week. Taylor will get his chance and it’s nice that he hasn’t had to be chucked straight into the team, players have taken a couple of months to get fully up to speed with McKenna-ball so he should be ready to hit the ground running when he gets the chance and will know his job perfectly.
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 14:50 - Sep 15 with 1631 viewsKeno

He can probably get cream for that, it would help him concentrate when hes playing

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 15:30 - Sep 15 with 1570 viewsOldFart71

Isn't that the McKenna way though and why should any player expect to replace another unless injury or loss of form makes them a contender. Hladky for instance didn't replace Walton even when he was having a wobbly spell. He's only come in since Walton was injured and has done well.
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 16:59 - Sep 15 with 1438 viewsEdwardStone

Taylor does have a wonderful piercing glare....

I think he should easily be in our staring 11

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 07:12 - Sep 16 with 1035 viewsyorkshireblue

Out of interest, how is it decided which player does the game presser?
I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 10:08 - Sep 16 with 871 viewsKeno

I think it’s fair to say Taylor is itching for his first start!! on 07:12 - Sep 16 by yorkshireblue

Out of interest, how is it decided which player does the game presser?

Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024