Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1981 UEFA Cup 10:35 - Sep 13 with 998 viewsHarleydavidsonBlue

Can any of you good people on here tell who (If any) were the subs over the 2 legs of the 1981 UEFA cup final.
Thanks in advance
1981 UEFA Cup on 10:50 - Sep 13 with 956 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Welzl at Portman Road
Kist and Talan at the Olympisch Stadion

But I guess you knew that!

Kevin O'Callaghan would be my most solid guess for unused Town sub. He was sub in the previous League matches v Middlesbrough before the 1st Leg and v Southampton before the 2nd. Kevin Steggles played v Boro, Tommy Parkin played v Southampton so is most likely to be one of them for the other sub, unless injured.

Guess work!
1981 UEFA Cup on 11:14 - Sep 13 with 900 viewsCityBlue

1981 UEFA Cup on 10:50 - Sep 13 by ArnoldMoorhen

Welzl at Portman Road
Kist and Talan at the Olympisch Stadion

But I guess you knew that!

Kevin O'Callaghan would be my most solid guess for unused Town sub. He was sub in the previous League matches v Middlesbrough before the 1st Leg and v Southampton before the 2nd. Kevin Steggles played v Boro, Tommy Parkin played v Southampton so is most likely to be one of them for the other sub, unless injured.

Guess work!

I'm sure Steggsy started in the final in Amsterdam (he lived with us at the time and it was surreal to see him come back with a winners medaL).

I T I D

1981 UEFA Cup on 11:22 - Sep 13 with 876 viewshomer_123

1981 UEFA Cup on 11:14 - Sep 13 by CityBlue

I'm sure Steggsy started in the final in Amsterdam (he lived with us at the time and it was surreal to see him come back with a winners medaL).

Played in the semi final but not the final, I'm sure.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

1981 UEFA Cup on 11:27 - Sep 13 with 868 viewslongtimefan

Can’t help with the unused Town subs but Kevin Steggles didn’t play in either leg of the final
1981 UEFA Cup on 11:40 - Sep 13 with 853 viewsitfcjoe

Think there was a thing with Beattie where he wanted Robson to name him as a sub (as could name 5) so he could get a winners medal but SBR didn't

I've seen the subs noted somewhere but can't remember where

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

1981 UEFA Cup on 12:55 - Sep 13 with 716 viewsSWGF

Parkin, O'Callaghan and Turner were on the bench in the 2nd leg

No idea how many subs were permitted
[Post edited 13 Sep 2023 12:55]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

1981 UEFA Cup on 12:58 - Sep 13 with 679 viewsitfcjoe

There is a picture in TMWMTT from the 2nd leg which shows Parkin, O'Callaghan and Turner and names them as subs, sounds like Kevin Steggles was another one as mentioned by CityBlue below - and presume Laurie Sivell was the 5th sub.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024