Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked 00:08 - Aug 20 with 3758 viewsJimInGreensboro

From the QPR post-match chat:

"For all the talk of Ipswich being great, they were poor and really there for the taking. We pressed well and forced them to play longer passes in the first half and had a couple of chances that really worked Christian Walton."

Who's going to tell him?

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:11 - Aug 20 with 3693 viewsBcarefulwhatUWish4

Hmm...classic mistake. Wonder if he was at the match?
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:14 - Aug 20 with 3678 viewsNutkins_Return

Couldn't watch the game live today but have watched it back. I actually thought we were by far and away the better team. A little sloppy at times and they had 2-3 good chances (mainly through our own slack moments) but we had good chances as well and dominated the ball.

We could have been more ruthless but from comments I thought I was going to watch a quality QPR performance. Not at all.
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:14 - Aug 20 with 3656 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Maybe it worked him in terms of thinking of things to say in the studio.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:14 - Aug 20 with 3660 viewsJimInGreensboro

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:11 - Aug 20 by BcarefulwhatUWish4

Hmm...classic mistake. Wonder if he was at the match?

He was there with me. We both thought Tyrone Mings played very well.
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:59 - Aug 20 with 3484 viewsthe_toff

Don’t actually disagree really. Wasn’t a vintage town performance m, our worst in a while but we got the points. Up the blues.
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 01:04 - Aug 20 with 3477 viewsburnbudgiesburn

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:14 - Aug 20 by Nutkins_Return

Couldn't watch the game live today but have watched it back. I actually thought we were by far and away the better team. A little sloppy at times and they had 2-3 good chances (mainly through our own slack moments) but we had good chances as well and dominated the ball.

We could have been more ruthless but from comments I thought I was going to watch a quality QPR performance. Not at all.

I agree with this, also having just watched it back in full.

Wasn't that impressed with QPR, they got chances through our own mistakes and some inspired individual moments.

We controlled the flow of the game for most part, and maybe 75 times out of 100 we win that game with our posession.
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 09:48 - Aug 20 with 2514 viewsstrikalite

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:59 - Aug 20 by the_toff

Don’t actually disagree really. Wasn’t a vintage town performance m, our worst in a while but we got the points. Up the blues.

small pitch doesn't really suit our game and for them it's easier to press, and the other trick that worked for them was keeping the surface dry, so we couldn't zip the ball about like we'd like too..
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 09:57 - Aug 20 with 2441 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 00:59 - Aug 20 by the_toff

Think you're rather missing the point.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 10:19 - Aug 20 with 2331 viewsSheffordBlue

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 09:48 - Aug 20 by strikalite

small pitch doesn't really suit our game and for them it's easier to press, and the other trick that worked for them was keeping the surface dry, so we couldn't zip the ball about like we'd like too..

They watered the pitch after the warmups and at half time. It was just really warm in the stadium and must have dried out really quickly.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 11:46 - Aug 20 with 2030 viewsNutkins_Return

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 09:48 - Aug 20 by strikalite

From everything I could find their pitch is actually bigger then ours...maybe the same after our recent changes.
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 11:53 - Aug 20 with 1962 viewsstrikalite

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 11:46 - Aug 20 by Nutkins_Return

From everything I could find their pitch is actually bigger then ours...maybe the same after our recent changes.

Ours is now at max width, LR looks narrower, I maybe wrong though..
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 14:15 - Aug 20 with 1624 viewsArnieM

Rangers fan clearly didn’t consider we let them off (thanks for the 3pts) with a below par performance then?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 16:39 - Aug 20 with 1395 viewsswede

That reminds me of the 1978 cup final and when Margaret Thatcher was asked for her "man of the match" nomination. She answered "Trevor Whymark" who was down in the programme to play.
I wonder if anyone ever did tell her...
QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 19:10 - Aug 20 with 1216 viewswhymark4lazio0

The biggest gaffe since the 1978 Cup final

Margaret Thatcher, asked who was her MOTM, said- "Ipswich's No 10, Trevor Whymark, played well."

Poll: Should these Polls show number of votes as well as percentages?

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 20:03 - Aug 20 with 1092 viewsjayessess

QPR fan: Christian Walton really worked on 14:15 - Aug 20 by ArnieM

Rangers fan clearly didn’t consider we let them off (thanks for the 3pts) with a below par performance then?

QPR fan I met up with after the game reckoned we looked like a good side on a under-par day.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024