Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Missed Players 11:59 - Aug 1 with 1970 viewsIpswichRising

How does anybody actually know if we have missed out on any player, we don't know as we are not privy to transfer discussions whether we were actually in for any of these players, players may be on a list but does not mean they were top targets or that we were actively pursuing them. We need to calm down a bit and trust MA & KMc
Missed Players on 12:00 - Aug 1 with 1951 viewshype313

We were clearly in for Simms

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Missed Players on 13:14 - Aug 1 with 1810 viewstopguy

Missed Players on 12:00 - Aug 1 by hype313

IBig difference between interested and missed out on, missing out means we made an offer and the likes of Simms and Trusty we were never paying that amount, and was the Simms deal anything more than an option, MA said we were working on the Hirst deal for weeks so suggests he was the top target and we got it over the line, players dont come for lots of reasons they dont want too, we decided no, and id argue most of the interested that didnt come think the club passed either wrong deal or too pricey.
Missed Players on 15:38 - Aug 1 with 1653 viewsWickets

Agree nothing to get negative about as the squad we have is good enough to hold its own . I think it clear we have missed out on Simms and now maybe Trusty and or McNulty pity but we will have other targets . Dont forget Aston spoke a couple of weeks ago sayi g we had to keep our feet on the ground and not over reach ourselves. We will get the quality we want if not in this window than the next .
Missed Players on 19:21 - Aug 1 with 1538 viewsArnieM

He also said last week we were quite a way down the road with one or two. So, the wait goes on it seems…..

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Missed Players on 07:40 - Aug 2 with 1342 viewsWickets

Missed Players on 19:21 - Aug 1 by ArnieM

He also said last week we were quite a way down the road with one or two. So, the wait goes on it seems…..

yup he did but was one of them McNulty ?
Missed Players on 07:56 - Aug 2 with 1311 viewsElephantintheRoom

You know when they arrive from Suid Afrika for a trial with Mitch D’Avray, get rejected by Bobby Robson and kick start their stellar career at Dundee United instead.

Alternatively you know the club missed out on Gazza and Pat Nevin when they are pictured in training with John Wark

Finally you know the club missed out on Gabriel Battistuta when his imminent arrival is reported in the EADT

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Missed Players on 10:38 - Aug 2 with 1162 viewsitfcsuth

Missed Players on 12:00 - Aug 1 by hype313

The numbers simply didn't work for us on that deal - we liked the player - but not a the number it ended up being.
Missed Players on 10:43 - Aug 2 with 1148 viewssuffolkpoker

Missed Players on 07:56 - Aug 2 by ElephantintheRoom

You know when they arrive from Suid Afrika for a trial with Mitch D’Avray, get rejected by Bobby Robson and kick start their stellar career at Dundee United instead.

Alternatively you know the club missed out on Gazza and Pat Nevin when they are pictured in training with John Wark

Finally you know the club missed out on Gabriel Battistuta when his imminent arrival is reported in the EADT

also didint we miss out on Ruud Gullit?

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Missed Players on 11:05 - Aug 2 with 1093 viewspointofblue

Those in the know seem to think we had a deal in place for McNally but he opted for Stoke. Trusty and Simms were both too rich for us and I think it'd be unfair to place them on the 'missed' column. I think it was reasonable for us to expect both of them to be within range at the start of the window but Coventry's Gyokeres (sp?) money and Sheffield United's Premier League backing distorted the market.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Missed Players on 11:51 - Aug 2 with 1023 viewsWickets

Missed Players on 11:05 - Aug 2 by pointofblue

Those in the know seem to think we had a deal in place for McNally but he opted for Stoke. Trusty and Simms were both too rich for us and I think it'd be unfair to place them on the 'missed' column. I think it was reasonable for us to expect both of them to be within range at the start of the window but Coventry's Gyokeres (sp?) money and Sheffield United's Premier League backing distorted the market.

Cant disagree .
Missed Players on 12:59 - Aug 2 with 938 viewsNutkins_Return

Hard to say 100% on any one individual but fairly clear we've missed out on some targets.

Frustrating but that normal. I think we are an attractive position but not the big fish in small pond anymore and we got spoilt last few windows.

We have a competitive squad but needs some help to compete at the upper end of this league. No need to panic but it's (so far) not gone 100% to plan. Was never going to be easy and the club are obviously working hard but we can't take silly risks. I would rather we don't sign anyone more rather than sign the wrong people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024